Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kate Beckinsale isn't one to starve herself, and she takes a stab at Britney Spears

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Why do magazines feel it necessary to confirm that famous people actually eat? I guarantee that's the only meal she had all week. And damn, she is irritating.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Horrible bitch, wish she'd shut the hell up.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I was going to ask if they held her hair out of the way when she threw it all up too......
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post

And that she did. The British beauty didn't hold back, enjoying—ready?—tuna tartar, calamari salad and black bean and chickpea dumplings, hearty pieces of Alaskan butterfish and chicken palomilla and even some helpings of side dishes like plantain fried rice with avocado salad.
    Maybe she didn't lick the plates clean but only ate a bit from each meal? But it does seem like a lot of things to eat in one go especially for a women as skinny as her. I remember she has said a few times that she developed anorexia after struggling to deal with her father's sudden death but overcame it after years of therapy or something (i can't remember the exact story)

This just some of it...
    Kate Beckinsale likens anorexics to 'crack whores'

By LUCRETIA MUNRO - More by this author » Last updated at 10:43am on 25th April 2007 Comments (15)
    Picture of health: But Kate Beckinsale has battled with anorexia

As a former anorexic, Kate Beckinsale knows how easy it can be to succumb to the eating disorder - and how hard it is to fight.
    But the British actress was accused of insensitivity when she likened anorexic girls to "crack whores" and said family problems were often to blame, rather than pictures of skinny celebrities.

Miss Beckinsale, whose weight once plummeted to five stones, said: "I believe anorexia, alcoholism and drug abuse in teens are more about what is happening in the home than a problem with images in the media.
    "It is the nice girl's way of becoming a crack whore."
    Miss Beckinsale, 33, was brought up by her mother Judy Loe after her actor father Richard Beckinsale died of a heart attack when she was five.
    When she was nine, her mother married director Roy Battersby - a relationship the actress said contributed to her problems in her teens, which culminated in her developing anorexia at 15.
    She has previously said: "I was convinced I was going to be relegated, that he would sell the house where I had always lived and it would be awful."
    She added: "I got to the stage where I think I was about to die. I had no energy and my main goal was to be able to stand up. Finally I realised I had to choose between being a person or a professional anorexic.
    "You can't commit to anything else when your mind is exhausted and homed in on one thing."
    There was widespread condemnation of the Underworld Evolution star's remarks.
    Ros Ponomarenko-Jones, whose daughter Sophie Mazurek starved herself to four stones before dying last year of heart failure at 19, said she felt "completely insulted".
    "She (Beckinsale) has been totally flippant and does not really know what she is talking about," she said. "She is not giving anorexia the status it deserves as a mental illness."

Kate Beckinsale likens anorexics to 'crack whores' | the Daily Mail

and for the record, some of what she says is true, but it's much, much more complicated that one flippant sentence can pin-point.
    Maybe this was true for her, but I still think that she has serious body issues - her weight, her plastic surgery.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Bulimia was exactly the first thing to pop into my head too.

Besides, she's admitted having problems with eating disorders in the past. No way you can keep a figure like hers and eat like that.
    You can if the number of times you chow down on a meal like that (and let it digest) can be counted on one hand.

What a coincidence her "food day" was when reporters were around.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

And Kate in Oct 2007 (apparently)...
    I never realized that Kate Beckinsale was an Angelina Jolie wannabe because she's always in black. Except she's not rextremely thin. Oh, and Kate smiles.

Does it look like she's gained a few? She looks great though! What's the deal with the airport security checking Kate Beckinsale? Don't they know she's a celebrity?
    Movie Star Fashion: Fashion Watch: Kate Beckinsale

The British beauty didn't hold back, enjoying—ready?—tuna tartar, calamari salad and black bean and chickpea dumplings, hearty pieces of Alaskan butterfish and chicken palomilla and even some helpings of side dishes like plantain fried rice with avocado salad.

and afterwards she was in the loo refunding

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Those pics of her eating are not from Oct 2007, i'm sure i have seen then before possible from 2004-2005

But dayum she's so feakin' gorgeous even when she's stuffing food into her mouth and getting felt up by an airport security guard

No, the one in the air port is....
    The eating ones were from Feb 2006
    Chirky: Kate Beckinsale Eating: I've never seen a less flattering picture.

^ oh sorry i got a bit confused

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I wish I looked that good when flying. I usually look slightly damp and squished.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

I don't think she looks gorgeous in the airport pic. I think she looks rather plain. She fixes up well for premieres and stuff...There have been times I thought she looked gorgeous at events when all gussied up, as long as she has her stretchmarked boobies adequately covered.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

"I'm in complete denial about being a celebrity," she says. "I spend 80 percent of my time in my kitchen, and occasionally I'm wheeled out to pretend to be Kate Beckinsale for awards shows. I'm not at nightclubs every night, but I'll take my kid hiking, and several paparazzi will show up, and it's like, 'What? I'm not shaving my head in public. You need to leave me alone.' "
    Wheeled out LOL

That paragraph was gold
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

5 stones = 70 pounds.
    Did I do the math right? Shes 5'8 and went down to 70 freaking pounds? Good God.
    I don't get the hype about this woman. She's like the poor man's Posh (bad tata's and weird nose included).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information