Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: I Don't Consider Myself a Feminist

Hit By Ban Bus!

There are way too many sensitive people in this world. Does society expect every women to be a feminist or to play the part of one?
    Bellatheball likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy83 View Post
    There are way too many sensitive people in this world. Does society expect every women to be a feminist or to play the part of one?
    It depends on what you mean by the term. It seems like common sense that women would have the same rights and opportunities as men. People who fight to equalize the situation are commonly referred to as feminists. And a certain set of conservatives have worked very hard to turn it from a positive term into a pejorative one. It's pretty distressing to see how successful they've been considering how transparent and quite frankly retrograde their campaign is.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ^^^ i dunno, there are some guys you never see anymore - val kilmer, kurt russell, etc. but i don't think that acting is necessarily typical of other industries.
    Val Kilmer bloated up and looked bloody horrendous. Whether it was food or booze that caused it he didn't have the looks any more for the kind of movie roles he was used to, Now he's lost weight but is looking scarily haggard.

Kurt Russell has three releases scheduled for 2015 but before that he's had a fairly quiet time. However as Goldie Hawn seems to have mostly retired it could be that they are both easing off to enjoy being older and wealthy.
    MohandasKGanja and Sunrider like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Val Kilmer bloated up and looked bloody horrendous. Whether it was food or booze that caused it he didn't have the looks any more for the kind of movie roles he was used to, Now he's lost weight but is looking scarily haggard.
    val kilmer bloating up and not getting work actually supports my point.

it's not just women who can get washed up for being older and bloated, obviously some men suffer that fate as well.
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy83 View Post
    Feminism means you believe in equal rights for men and women. So yeah, I expect every woman to be one, and every man too. Anyone who doesn't believe in that simple principle is either an idiot or an asshole, or both.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Feminism means you believe in equal rights for men and women. So yeah, I expect every woman to be one, and every man too. Anyone who doesn't believe in that simple principle is either an idiot or an asshole, or both.
    And if that makes me "sensitive" then so fucking be it.

But if this privileged twit (Cuoco-Sweetling) thinks that feminism is not needed, or that feminists don't do the dishes or cook or get married, she's a fucking idiot and deserves to be called out as such.
    Brah, Lalasnake and Kittylady like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information