Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Justin Timberlake slammed over SuperBowl "duet" with Prince

I don't like Justin Timberlake. Just felt a visceral dislike from the first time I saw him. Almost 20 years later, and he hasn't done anything to change my mind.

Tell me that's not an asshole.
    NickiDrea and dallison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    You just know his PR team begged for this gig so he could redeem himself after the last Super Bowl fiasco. It has all the makings of a lame PR spin controlled publicity stunt. Justin is so transparent.
    Janet is still banned though. I liked that Twitter made yesterday Janet Jackson Appreciation Day.

Prince's half time show remains the best one ever imo, though I did love Bruno's.

#JusticeForJanet
    #JanetJacksonAppreciationDay

I hate JT! Prince is just another black musician who had to serve Justin Timberlakes need for street credibility and lack of talent, in his case, even IN DEATH.
    That is how desperate JT is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    The SB party I was at felt the same - MEH. My husband was too busy grilling carne asada to really care. He usually is all over the half time show but he walked out after a few minutes and want back to the BBQ.

The best comment I saw about JT’s attire during the performance was “that was the best ad for Bass Pro Shop I ever saw!”
    That was another thing that was discussed on the Tonight show. His new album is about to drop and it’s called Man of the Woods. He said for his tour, he’s playing arenas where he can bring the outside in. He also just released a video from the album with his wife (do not like) and yup, they’re in the woods.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

I added a title, crayzeehappee. Let me know if you were thinking of something different and I can change it.
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

It made me sad seeing Prince's symbol. It was like putting out the signal for Batman knowing that he is never coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    It made me sad seeing Prince's symbol. It was like putting out the signal for Batman knowing that he is never coming back.
    Speaking of Prince & Batman....all hail to the real king of the SB- Partyman!

Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

The best comment I saw about JT’s attire during the performance was “that was the best ad for Bass Pro Shop I ever saw!”
    Those stupid pants he had on. Not baggy, but the crotch was intentionally well below where a normal pair of pants should be. I was secretly hoping he would fall over while doing one of his little kicks.
    Last edited by sprynkles; February 6th, 2018 at 08:43 AM.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Whatever. He can make fun of that height all he wants. Prince at 5'2" was a sexier motherfucker than this closet-redneck ever was on his best day.

So that Man of the Woods shit was the reason for his camo suit then? Okay. He looked like a groomsman for Mama June and Sugar Bear's wedding.
    emkat, Sunnygirl, SHELLEE and 12 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

Just popping by to say this... My daughter goes to college in Minneapolis. Some of her friends were in the halftime show. Apparently, JT was incredibly gracious and took the time to meet all the volunteers for the show.
    gas_chick and holly like this.

That's good to hear at least.

If I'm ever up there I'll be at Paisley Park if that's the only thing I see while in the state.
    gas_chick likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    That's good to hear at least.

If I'm ever up there I'll be at Paisley Park if that's the only thing I see while in the state.
    Before they opened it up the fence surrounding the property and this underground tunnel leading up to it were covered in fan tributes. It was amazing. I wish they had left it all up. It was incredible to see how many lives he touched. Now that Paisley Park is open, they clear the fences regularly. It's a bummer. I loved seeing all the artwork people would leave...and the purple...so much purple. It was really something.

I've never toured the facility, but have been there a few times. It's right in the middle of suburbia. I was there before he died and after. So unobtrusive, you wouldn't even know what it was if you weren't looking for it. Not sure if they've created signage for it now. Last time I was there they had just opened it up for tours and there wasn't any significant signage.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Before they opened it up the fence surrounding the property and this underground tunnel leading up to it were covered in fan tributes. It was amazing. I wish they had left it all up. It was incredible to see how many lives he touched. Now that Paisley Park is open, they clear the fences regularly. It's a bummer. I loved seeing all the artwork people would leave...and the purple...so much purple. It was really something.

I've never toured the facility, but have been there a few times. It's right in the middle of suburbia. I was there before he died and after. So unobtrusive, you wouldn't even know what it was if you weren't looking for it. Not sure if they've created signage for it now. Last time I was there they had just opened it up for tours and there wasn't any significant signage.
    The most amazing thing I learned about Prince the first day after his death, was listening to a podcast of a interview with Prince’s childhood friends from back in Minneapolis and they confirmed what I always suspected about him, was just how generous Prince was to his community and just how much he loved Minneapolis. He gave so much back to his community but never with any fanfare. It was done quietly without the press.. One time there was a fire and this family in Minneapolis lost everything, their house, their belongings, everything. Prince made a few phone calls the next day and anonymously he set up a new place and all brand new furnishings to this family in need. He was really a one of a kind human being. Can’t beleive we are coming up on 2 years without him......
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

i hope prince haunts him. if there is an actual chance that a prince ghost exists.
    Sunnygirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    i hope prince haunts him. if there is an actual chance that a prince ghost exists.

-Prince Rogers Nelson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information