Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree303Likes

Thread: Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel marry in Italy

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    the white wedding dress has been done several times too

i don't like this particular dress, but I like the idea of a color. we had a black wedding gown when i worked at Kleinfeld's in my student days, it was quite pretty.
    My friend wore a very pale light blue/lavender (periwinkle-ish) gown. It was so very pretty. It was so pale and subtle.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Justin Timberlake
    I'm 'Deeply Sorry' for
    'Distasteful' Wedding Video

Justin Timberlake has just issued a formal apology for the "distasteful" wedding video that hit the Internet this week -- seemingly mocking homeless people -- and he's so serious ... he's forcing the guy who made it to do community service.

Justin apologized in an open letter on his website to "clear the air," calling the video that surfaced on the web -- in which real homeless people offer Justin their well-wishes for his wedding -- a "lapse in judgment." (excerpt below)

Justin says the video was NOT actually shown at his wedding, and insists he had NOTHING to do with its creation, but writes, "I am deeply sorry to anyone who was offended by [it]."

He writes, "I was always taught that we as people, no matter what your race, sex, or stature may be, are equal."

As for the "friends" behind the video, Justin adds -- "My friends are good people. This was clearly a lapse in judgment which I'm sure no one who is reading this is exempt from. But, I don't believe it was made to be insensitive."

Nevertheless, Justin says, "I think we can all agree that it was distasteful."

Justin ends the letter, writing, "You can bet your ass that I'm having my friend do at least 100 hours of community service... Boom."

Click to read the full letter below.
    AN OPEN LETTER

To my family, friends, and fans:

The last time I wrote a letter like this, it was when I had the good fortune of attending a once in a lifetime experience by sharing an evening with some of America's finest at the Marine Corps Ball about a year ago. I was so moved by that night, I wanted to share it with everyone. Unfortunately, this letter holds a different kind of weight for me.

Normally, as some of you know, I am (by nature) a pretty private person. So, I don't really take it upon myself to comment on things that so often go misunderstood or something that has even shed any kind of dark light on what was and will always be one of the most special weeks of my life. But, in light of the recent events, I can't fight the urge to clarify my thoughts and feelings on what has been a very upsetting portrayal of the people closest to me and myself. It's not who I am as a professional or as a man.

I can't help but think of one of the many great life lessons my Grandfather has taught me... He told me when I was younger that "Sometimes, you are confronted with challenges in life that perhaps are not your own. And, when those moments arise, the right thing for a man to do is accept that responsibility, whatever it may be, and face it with honesty and humility."

So, I'm taking his advice. If for no other reason, than to clear the air so no one has to ever wonder how I feel about it.

I'd like to start off by saying that I don't live my life making fun of people (unless, of course, I'm making fun of myself on SNL)... Especially, those who are less fortunate or those in need. I grew up with a family and community that instilled ideals in me like hard work, honesty and empathy. As a matter of fact, growing up in Tennessee, I was always taught that we as people, no matter what your race, sex, or stature may be, are equal. We have a saying there that "Everyone puts their pants on the same way(maybe this saying doesn't apply to guys who wear kilts. Although, I'm sure they put theirs on the same way too...)"

As it pertains to this silly, unsavory video that was made as a joke and not in any way in mockery:

1. I had no knowledge of its existence. I had absolutely ZERO contribution to it.

2. My friends are good people. This was clearly a lapse in judgment which I'm sure no one who is reading this is exempt from. But, I don't believe it was made to be insensitive. More so, I think it was made as a joke on me not having that many friends attending my own wedding(which IS kind of funny if you think about it).

3. Like many silly rumors that I have been made aware of about the week: It was NOT shown at my wedding.

4. I think we can all agree that it was distasteful, even though that was not it's intention.
    Once again, in the world that we live in where everyone thinks that they know everything, I want to be very clear... I am NOT defending the video. I agree with the overall consensus. But, to use another "pants" analogy... It seems that these days, misconception gets around the world before the actual truth even wakes up and gets it's pants on.

I want to say that, on behalf of my friends, family, and associative knuckleheads, I am deeply sorry to anyone who was offended by the video. Again, it was something that I was not made aware of. But, I do understand the reaction and, by association, I am holding myself accountable.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts. It really is a blessing to be able to speak directly to my true fans so that you can know exactly where I stand.

-Justin

P.S. You can bet your ass that I'm having my friend do at least 100 hours of community service... Boom.

Video at link.

Good people? Who the heck even comes up with an idea like this malarkey he just pulled off?! They didnt watch it? Lies! They watched it as they dined on olives and cheese!

Its a shame, I was growing to like Justin as an actor.

You're still a conspicuous consumption asshole... Boom.
    MsChiff, darksithbunny and deenz like this.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

P.S. You can bet your ass that I'm having my friend do at least 100 hours of community service... Boom.

does he mean like, he'll tell this guy to do community service and he will (not through the courts or whatever)?

Only 100 hours of community service? I dont know man, that doesnt seem to fit the crime. Okay, so hes picking trash up off the street, so what? Why doesnt old Justin have the man work in a homeless shelter for 100 hours? And even better, join him so they can both learn a lesson? Hows that?

BOOM.

Spare me. You know Justin was probably among those laughing their asses off at the vid until the shit hit the fan. And now he wants to remove himself from it completely like his friend is an errant child that Justin will teach the error of his ways. Arrogant shitass. I'm guessing this is one of those times that "birds of a feather" is an apt description and the friend just happens to make a convenient scapegoat.
    Sasha, MsChiff, Jadestone and 4 others like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Bitch needs a lesson in comma usage and in how to fake sincere humility better bc he sucks at it.
    MsChiff likes this.

Sounds like a Chris Brown apology to me.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

The lamest "I'm sorry" I've heard in a long time. Yeah, I'm sorry, but my friends didn't mean it and we didn't watch it and they're really good people who were just being silly. Douchebag frat boys with too much money and no sense.
    chartreuse, Mel1973 and Jadestone like this.

Silver Member

That wasn't an apology. That was a letter to defend his friends. Anytime an apology is followed up with reasons and the words 'but' or 'if', then it's a defense.

What happened to just saying 'I'm sorry'? 'Oh, I stepped on your toe? I'm sorry'. 'I offended you? I'm sorry'. Two words is really all it takes.
    Sasha likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Callalily View Post
    That wasn't an apology. That was a letter to defend his friends. Anytime an apology is followed up with reasons and the words 'but' or 'if', then it's a defense.

What happened to just saying 'I'm sorry'? 'Oh, I stepped on your toe? I'm sorry'. 'I offended you? I'm sorry'. Two words is really all it takes.
    Lets be honest. If he, or any other celeb for that matter, released a statement that just said "Im sorry" would it be accepted? Or would people yell "THATS IT?! THATS ALL HE/SHE CAN SAY?!"
    Mercer likes this.

Whatever, curlytop. You and your doucheposse still ran my friend ragged and essentially took money out of her pocket, a hardworking mom of two who has since put herself through school and no longer has to wait on the likes of you and your friends.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Callalily View Post

This is exactly what the skinny little rat faced bitch should have said and left it at that. The more he talks the more I want to snatch his wig--apparently I have a lot of company. <<Timberfake.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Sounds like a Chris Brown apology to me.
    Nope, it's very much a Justin Timberlake apology. Me me me.

Lainey basically destroys his letter Lainey Gossip Entertainment Update|Justin Timberlake issues and jokes through an apology about homeless video

He is no stranger to b.s. apologies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq1j6I4oL5g
    Sasha likes this.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information