Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez split

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I'm going to throw Taylor Swift's name out there....
    I agree. I can totally see them dating. It's kinda gross though.

Bronze Member

I knew it was just a phase for selena!

"I don't ever want her to feel like I'm ashamed of her," why on earth would she feel tht way , lame .oh and of course interveiws are already on the get go about split . will the victoria secret models be draped all over him for tht .

Well now TMZ is saying they might be back on.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Am I the only one who finds these obsessive fan subcultures extremely creepy? I know they existed all along, to a certain extent, but I feel like back in the day they were cuter somehow--you know, nerdy kids wearing their Spock ears to the supermarket, goofy fans imagining themselves heroes a la "Galaxy Quest" and so forth. But nowadays, the internet REALLY feeds them lots of sweet, fatty treats and helps them grow to an unpleasantly epic size, not unlike the horrifying Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man in "Ghostbusters." Make anything oversized enough, I guess, and it inevitably becomes a bit disturbing.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I don't understand them, myself. For my generation it was Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder, and I was a little sad when they broke up because they were beautiful together but I was never inspired to cry or pen poetry
    Merlot-N-Bali likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Am I the only one who finds these obsessive fan subcultures extremely creepy? I know they existed all along, to a certain extent, but I feel like back in the day they were cuter somehow--you know, nerdy kids wearing their Spock ears to the supermarket, goofy fans imagining themselves heroes a la "Galaxy Quest" and so forth. But nowadays, the internet REALLY feeds them lots of sweet, fatty treats and helps them grow to an unpleasantly epic size, not unlike the horrifying Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man in "Ghostbusters." Make anything oversized enough, I guess, and it inevitably becomes a bit disturbing.
    I agree. I had a crush on JTT, and for me that entailed watching Home Improvement and having a few Tiger Beat posters. Not spending hours looking at his photo, writing "fan fic" about his love life, defending him to anyone who didn't admire him like I did, contacting him every single day just so that he'd acknowledge my existence. Kids these days seem unable to distinguish celebrity crushes from reality. With a lot of these "Beliebers," it's like their lives revolve around their fascination with Justin. They've deluded themselves into thinking this is more than just a crush on someone they'll likely never meet. They take it personally and hang on every word he says. They need to know what he's doing at every moment. They believe that his personal life is somehow their business. They "tweet" him every day and comment on every instagram photo in the delusional hopes that he'll see how devoted or clever they are and decide to be BFFs or more. If they're this obsessed and possessive with someone they've never even met, I can't imagine how bad it will be when they have actual boyfriends. It's like a whole new generation of Stage 5 Clingers.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

So sorry I was away when this happened but I assure you, I had nothing to do with their problems. LOL
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    So sorry I was away when this happened but I assure you, I had nothing to do with their problems. LOL
    Is George reading over your shoulder or something?
    sluce, dexter7 and darksithbunny like this.

That fan fic took TWENTY MINUTES to write? That bothers me more than the constant sobbing.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I imagine it went down something like this
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I told my husband about this and my 5 year old overheard and goes, "Justin and Selena aren't boyfriend and girlfriend anymore? That's so sad! WHY???" She likes their music so she was happy two of her favorite singers were gf and bf. She even downloaded some iPad wallpapers that were pictures of them together. My husband found the pictures and she asked him not to delete them off the ipad. haha. She was sad about the breakup, but then she was over it about 5 minutes later.

mjw
    Elite Member

Respect Jelena.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    My tween crush was ABBA and I got hold of everything I could lay my hands on (or afford on my 50c a week) and that wasn't a whole lot, even though I had posters all over my walls and bought every magazine with even one photo. There just wasn't that much stuff, and I'd be lucky to see them once a week on Countdown on a Sunday night. But I LOVED them and I could easily see me writing Benny/Frida fan fiction, although both couples in ABBA eventually broke up and I don't remember crying about it but I'd moved on to Bruce Springsteen by then.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    My tween crush was ABBA and I got hold of everything I could lay my hands on (or afford on my 50c a week) and that wasn't a whole lot, even though I had posters all over my walls and bought every magazine with even one photo. There just wasn't that much stuff, and I'd be lucky to see them once a week on Countdown on a Sunday night. But I LOVED them and I could easily see me writing Benny/Frida fan fiction, although both couples in ABBA eventually broke up and I don't remember crying about it but I'd moved on to Bruce Springsteen by then.
    I think you highlighted something important there--back in the day, it was difficult to OD on a crush. You couldn't surf the internet for items about them all night long, post your fics and poetry and detailed comments about them everywhere, spend your whole day discussing them with hordes of other international fans, or harass them directly via Twitter; pre-internet, in fact, it was a bit of work to even get a normal person's phone number if they weren't local to you, and there was no guarantee fan mail would ever be actually seen by its target. Nor could you watch their films or TV programs or videos obsessively overandoverandover thanks to DVDs, streaming vid or OnDemand, etc. Playing the same record or tape more than twice in a row would probably get you yelled at. Or it would just wear out, get scratched, or break.

There were LIMITS.

Given the inherently clingy, addiction-prone nature of many humans....I think that was all to the good. I really wonder if there aren't far more over-the-brink 'fans' out there nowadays than there used to be.

Of course, I guess the super-creepy ones are easier for security staff to track than they used to be, thanks to their blogs.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information