Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Passes Away in Apparent Drug Overdose

^That's exactly it. LOL
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by PeaPrincess View Post
    Meh. I've done and said much meaner shit than that Vera bit. It just wasn't in the tabloids!!
    But that's exactly the point!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I like her and the a low vera shirt didn't bother me at all. We have no idea what Vera was doing in the background. I know she moved on quickly too.
    Of course not, but she hardly had the world's press's ear (or lense) . It was just an example of what I perceive to be bitch, selfish behaviour.
    For the record, it isn't about if she did/didn't have an affair, their marriage has (allegedly) stood the "test of time" and they are obviously both more comfortable in what appears to be an open marriage.

I never heard if she had moved on quickly or not, but I don't think that is relevant. Ymmv, but we don't need to agree on everything, it's what makes this place interesting.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

My point about moving on quickly is that she did not let her husband's infidelity define her. I believe she had a child not long after and hope she is still happy in that relationship.
    Novice likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I heard that she had a child but didn't know any more info. And, yes, I agree with your reasoning re: letting her (ex) husbands infidelity define her. Good call, it was all getting reminiscent of some other thread.... (my posts, that is! Lol!)
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I agree that Vera is the one who has done nothing publicly to feel like a total asshat about.
    ManxMouse likes this.

Julia's morbid fawning over Denzel at the Oscars was grosser than the childish custom t shirt. That's what gave me the hard boot off the Julia train.
    Bellatheball likes this.

I fucking hate Julia Roberts and would gladly blame her for the Holocaust if the time frame fit. Platypus-faced bitch

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you own your hate!! LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Platypus-faced bitch
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    The dad has some Native American blood IIRC. Eric has his features, but got his nose broken at some point. Can't remember if it was a fight or an accident.
    Julia did it!

'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Julia Roberts' 'harsh and 'bizarre' eulogy for sister Nancy Motes who killed herself | Mail Online
    'She took control and ended her pain': Julia Roberts' 'harsh and 'bizarre' eulogy for estranged sister who killed herself

• The Oscar-winning actress and her ailing mother Betty Lou flew from Los Angeles to Smyrna, Georgia, to attend the Saturday ceremony
    • Julia delivered an unexpected speech about Nancy during the hour and 20 minute cemetery service
    • A witness told Radar that Roberts said she admired her sister for what she did after saying she wanted to 'wring' her sister's neck
    • John Dilbeck, fiancÚ to the deceased Nancy Motes, says having Julia at the ceremony 'would be the last thing' Nancy wanted
    • Nancy died of a drug overdose last February, and in a five-page letter talked about her tortured relationship with her superstar sister

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Published: 21:17 EST, 7 May 2014 | Updated: 10:34 EST, 8 May 2014

Witnesses to the eulogy Julia Roberts gave at her half-sister's memorial service on Saturday say the superstar had some 'harsh' and 'bizarre' words for sibling Nancy Motes, who died of a drug overdose in February.

The Pretty Woman had some less than attractive things to say about Motes, a source told the Enquirer, and shocked mourners as she let loose all the anger she felt toward her sister whose suicide note detailed their strained relationship.

The source said: 'Julia said that, as her sister, she just wanted to ‘wring’ her neck because she didn’t wait to see the joy that comes with the morning.'

Nancy Motes' ashes were buried in a local ceremony on Saturday attended by a small group of relatives and friends including mom Betty Lou

The already shocked mourners 'were even more stunned when she said that she actually admired Nancy for what she did' the source revealed.

She said her sister 'took control and ended her pain when she had no other tolls to cope with it...She said that she admired that she had the strength to do what she did, to end her pain,' said the source.

The revelations is one of many to come out of the memorial for Motes. The previous involved Motes' grieving fiance's insistence that Roberts never should have been there in the first place.

And he wasn't even invited to the Smyrna, Georgia gathering.

Tortured: Nancy Motes lived in the shadow of his superstar sister for much of her life. Struggling with her weight and self-image, Nancy talked about Julia in an interview before her untimely death: 'When I was in high school and she was an adult, she would just let me know that I was definitely overweight. She would make it quite clear to me and in a not so nice manner'

Grief: John Dilbeck, seen here with late fiancee Nancy Motes, claims he wasn't even invited to her funeral on Saturday

John Dilbeck, the fiance, told RadarOnline that he, along with many of Motes' friends, were not invited to the funeral held in Smyrna, Georgia.

'It really hurts,' he told the website. 'I was very frustrated and hurt by it. I needed to voice being hurt, because Nancy's voice is being silenced.'

Motes would not have even wanted Roberts at the ceremony, Dilbeck said.

'No one was really expecting it, but Julia gave a little speech at one point during the ceremony,’ a source told MailOnline of the star's eulogy.

Roberts has been hit with harsh criticism since Motes died from a drug overdose in February, but on Saturday, she showed her true feelings by attending the hour and twenty minute service in the blazing Georgia heat.

Prayers: Julia walked arm in arm with her mother Betty Lou as they were blessed at a Los Angeles church in April. There was no church service for Nancy, as friends say she was not very religious

With the rest of the mourners already assembled, the Oscar winner pulled up in a white SUV with her mom, her sister Lisa and a driver.

Wearing a black dress, a beige cardigan, beige handbag and black over-sized sunglasses, she jumped out of the car and tightly hugged friends and family.

After greeting all of the other guests, she made her way down to the shaded burial area, covered with a green tent, helping her elderly mother, 79, who is battling cancer. Brother Eric Roberts was not spotted at the ceremony.

The devastated pair then took their position at the front of the congregation.

After the ceremony, Julia, 46, was one of the last to leave the New Symrna Cemetery, staying back to casually chat with old friends who she hadn’t seen in years.

Julia embraced and comforted a number of other mourners, before getting back into the SUV and heading to a nearby hotel for a low key wake, where she also said a few words.

Final trip: Nancy was found dead with prescription and 'illegal drugs' near her and left behind a five-page letter describing her difficult relationship with Julia. She was cremated in Los Angeles after her death and her ashes were sent to Smyrna

RIP: When the guests departed the cemetery, they left behind a prayerful statue and flower arrangements marking the site where Nancy's ashes are buried

Julia Roberts' 'harsh and 'bizarre' eulogy for sister Nancy Motes who killed herself | Mail Online

Wow, she just HAD to be seen and heard at the funeral.
    Novice likes this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information