Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Passes Away in Apparent Drug Overdose

This explains more to me
    Retired antique dealer Motes lives with his male partner Timothy Raasch and is a volunteer minister at his local church.
    But nothing excuses Julia's behaviour re A Low Vera & some other spiteful things she's has done.
    MohandasKGanja and Angeli like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Very interesting, thanks. I agree it might explain a lot. And yes, the bio dad was a good looking guy. He reminds me of an old-time actor who I can't place at the moment.
    Danny Thomas!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Emma's talent appears to be beating on her bf.
    but at least she's hot.

The dead half sister killed herself because she couldn't live with the envy she felt over Julia's success. The fact that she dedicated 2/3 of her wall of text suicide note to bitching about Julia is evidence of this.
    That's narcissism too, it's not always about feeling superior to others. Instead of realizing she had neither the looks nor the temperament for Hollywood, she should have looked for another career rather than constantly comparing herself to her Hollywood actress half sister.
    I want to feel bad for her and I do, I mean the poor woman is dead, but I also feel like at that age, you should have moved past your envy and inadequacy.
    envy is a powerful thing. I truly believe it's one of the worst (if not the worst) human emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    But nothing excuses Julia's behaviour re A Low Vera & some other spiteful things she's has done.
    are we not over that yet? It's been what, 15 years and several kids? I bet even vera is over it by now.
    Kittylady likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

are we not over that yet? It's been what, 15 years and several kids? I bet even vera is over it by now.
    How can we forget epic a-hole behavior like that? That kind of stooping is one for the ages. It also helps that even now Roberts can't confront/explain her behavior (like when Oprah asked about it)

I agree it was pretty insane and assholeish but again, 15 years ago. No one died. Let's move the fuck on. And if that's the worst public act of assholery she's ever committed, that doesn't exactly make her the monster people want to make her out to be. I don't particularly like Julia but I don't understand the extent of people's hatred of her.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I agree it was pretty insane and assholeish but again, 15 years ago. No one died. Let's move the fuck on. And if that's the worst public act of assholery she's ever committed, that doesn't exactly make her the monster people want to make her out to be. I don't particularly like Julia but I don't understand the extent of people's hatred of her.
    Since when does anybody have to justify hatred of a celebrity here? That's practically the entrance fee for getting in. And it's not about getting over it, it's just a big WTF? in her past that is amusing.
    Novice, Trixie, Belt Up and 3 others like this.

Hey I hated Whorlia way before she ever A Lowed anyone and I ain't letting it go.
    Novice, Trixie, tulip and 3 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I agree it was pretty insane and asshole but again, 15 years ago. No one died. Let's move the fuck on. And if that's the worst public act of assholery she's ever committed, that doesn't exactly make her the monster people want to make her out to be. I don't particularly like Julia but I don't understand the extent of people's hatred of her.
    *cough*

I can't say I "hate" her, I just don't buy her BS PR.
    She's got a long line of spiteful behaviour in her past, some of it not so "past". I don't need to gloss over than & say it was a one off, or a long time ago, or it was unimportant. Just my opinion ymmv.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Elite Member

She's spiteful, petty and full of herself. She just wraps it up in an "aw shucks" false modesty package.

I like her and the a low vera shirt didn't bother me at all. We have no idea what Vera was doing in the background. I know she moved on quickly too.
    Kittylady likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I don't mind her unless she's gumming it up for a camera ... she grates. I'll bet she's a diva but then again, she's one of a few very big super stars so I have low expectations of decent human behavior.

But it's everyone's right to hate whomever they chose and the A Low Vera thing was epic so I doubt it will ever go away.
    Trixie and MohandasKGanja like this.

I think A Low Vera moved on quickly because she was paid off quite nicely. I guess it could be worse, most aren't lucky enough to have their husbands leave them for a very rich selfish bitch who is willing to shell out big time to get him a really really quick divorce.
    MohandasKGanja and Novice like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    But it's everyone's right to hate whomever they chose and the A Low Vera thing was epic so I doubt it will ever go away.
    Oh, it won't go away. It really stands out for a celeb who was so petty and entitled that they couldn't keep their private war with a "civilian" private and had to go wearing a custom t-shirt for the paparazzi as a way of one-upping them.
    maddyG likes this.

The dad has some Native American blood IIRC. Eric has his features, but got his nose broken at some point. Can't remember if it was a fight or an accident.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Meh. I've done and said much meaner shit than that Vera bit. It just wasn't in the tabloids!!
    i sometimes like her, sometimes don't, but the half sister sounds mentally exhausting to deal with.
    sputnik and sluce like this.
    It's really human of you to listen to all my bullshit.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information