Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Passes Away in Apparent Drug Overdose

I'm the last person in the world looking to come to the defense of Julia Roberts but Jesus H, the more I read, the more this sister sounds like a fucking nightmare.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

Julia Roberts Finally Speaks About the 'Heartbreak' of Her Half-Sister's Overdose

Julia Roberts has broken her silence regarding the apparent drug overdose of her half-sister, Nancy Motes, in February.

"It's just heartbreak," a tearful Roberts, 46, tells WSJ. Magazine in an interview conducted March 1, the day before this year's Academy Awards, but not released until Monday.

"It's only been 20 days. There aren't words to explain what any of us have been through in these last 20 days," she said. "It's hour by hour some days, but you just keep looking ahead."

Motes, a 37-year-old former production assistant, was found dead inside her Los Angeles apartment of an apparent drug overdose on Feb. 9, her family announced the following day.

In the interview, Roberts did not address rumors that Motes left a suicide note criticizing her superstar older sister, and instead focused on the grief surrounding her death.

"You don't want anything bad to happen to anyone, but there are so many tragic, painful, inexplicable things in the world. But [as with] any situation of challenge and despair, we must find a way, as a family," she said. "It's so hard to formulate a sentence about it outside the weepy huddle of my family."

Professionally, Roberts will appear in the May 25 HBO adaptation of the Larry Kramer drama about the early days of the AIDS epidemic, The Normal Heart, in which she plays a medical pioneer with polio helping patients fight the disease as best they could back then.

In her personal life, she is utilizing various methods to cope with her loss, as well as introducing mindfulness to her and husband Danny Moder's children, twins Hazel and Phinnaeus, 9, and Henry, 5.

"Meditation or chanting or any of those things can be so joyous and also very quieting," she explained. "We share and just say, 'This is a way I comfort myself.' "

Julia Roberts Finally Speaks About the 'Heartbreak' of Her Half-Sister's Overdose - Death, The Normal Heart, Julia Roberts : People.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

She managed to get a plug in for her upcoming cable movie....
    Novice and darksithbunny like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

As much as I understand that Nancy was not a well person, having relatives that ping high on the psychopath &/or Narcissistic scale results in having to deal with all kinds of bullshit.....

Something is seriously wrong in this family with the brother & Nancy..... (for starters).
    Bombshell, Bellatheball and BITTER like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

Something is seriously wrong in this family with the brother & Nancy..... (for starters).
    Yep. It's all gossip of course, but I've heard some whopping stories about Eric.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Eric was/is a malignant narcissist and a fan of chemicals. He let that "next big thing" hype go right to his head and he was pretty difficult to work with from what I've heard.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    As much as I understand that Nancy was not a well person, having relatives that ping high on the psychopath &/or Narcissistic scale results in having to deal with all kinds of bullshit.....

at least Julia and Emma and eric have talent. The sister appears to have had the narcissism and psych issues and none of the talent or looks.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I saw a commercial today that Eric and his wife are going to be on Celebrity Wife Swap. Oh how the "next big thing" has fallen.
    BITTER likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Holy sh*t! Johnny "Family Affair"/"Sigmund the Sea Monster" Whitaker has turned into Charles Durning!!!
    WhateverLolaWants and BITTER like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    at least Julia and Emma and eric have talent. The sister appears to have had the narcissism and psych issues and none of the talent or looks.
    Emma's talent appears to be beating on her bf.
    Bellatheball and BelledeJour like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Biting as well...
    Novice and Bellatheball like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I always liked Julia Roberts until her "Aloe Vera" episode and then I started to tune her out. (Did just re-watch Mystic Pizza a few weeks ago though....)

Anyways, I was curious what Julia's father looked like since her and Eric's facial features are so strong and they don't look anything like their mother really. Found this article with a picture of the dad (good looking guy, imo) and some interesting background about his work in the Atlanta theater scene in the mid-60s.

Essay: Academy Theatre, Julia Roberts’ parents laid foundation for blossoming of theater in Atlanta | ArtsATL

What I don't understand is how Betty could have gone from that to this. Sounds like Motes was a total asshole to Julia. Of course, in the article she did say her marriage to Motes was "the biggest mistake I ever made." No wonder all of the kids ended up so screwed up....

Julia Roberts pictured with Michael Motes abusive stepfather she 'feared and despised' - 3am & Mirror Online
    Trixie likes this.

Very interesting, thanks. I agree it might explain a lot. And yes, the bio dad was a good looking guy. He reminds me of an old-time actor who I can't place at the moment.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Gosh, Eric is a dead ringer for his pops.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information