Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Passes Away in Apparent Drug Overdose

She was going to (in fact already probably had) spend money on a wedding. There seem to be all sorts of money issues here. I feel sorry for her fiance who never got to be a groom. Who does that on the verge of getting married and starting a new life together? IIRC he was one of the people that found her even if she decided to off herself whilst dog sitting.

fgg

^it seems to me that he actually dodged a bullet. i know that sounds terrible but this lady seems nuts.
    CornFlakegrl and BITTER like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I agree fgg.

Tragedy strikes again for Julia Roberts as it’s revealed her mother Betty Lou is 'suffering from lung cancer'

By FELICITY THISTLETHWAITE
    PUBLISHED: 13:50, 19 February 2014 | UPDATED: 14:50, 19 February 2014

Tragedy strikes again for Julia Roberts as it’s revealed her mother Betty Lou Motes, 80, is ‘battling lung cancer’.
    The National Enquirer reports the star has been coping with the tragic news since doctors found a ‘cancerous tumour’ on Betty’s lung during a routine MRI scan in November.
    The news comes just days after Julia’s half-sister Nancy Motes, Betty’s daughter from her second marriage, committed suicide on 9 February.

+6

Concern: Betty Lou pictured last week just days after her daughter Nancy killed herself

+6

Tragedy: Julia Roberts' mother Betty has reportedly been diagnosed with lung cancer

Betty has a history of medical issues including suffering a heart attack and underwent angioplasty surgery in 2009.
    Julia’s 80-year-old mother is said to have undergone treatment for a back complaint around the time of her recent diagnosis.
    ‘Everyone was frantic because Betty has a history of smoking and emphysema,’ a source told the magazine.
    It’s been reported her back surgery delayed her cancer treatment.
    Julia, 46, who’s been nominated for an Oscar for her supporting role in August: Osage County, has moved her mother in to her Malibu mansion, a source revealed.

+6

Family first: It's not been an easy time for Julia, pictured here in January, whose half-sister Nancy died on 9 February
    ‘She was already reeling from her mom’s cancer crisis. Now, she’s been deeply hurt and stung by all the criticism after Nancy’s death and feels she doesn’t deserve it.
    ‘Julia insists that Nancy’s death was not a suicide,’ the source revealed.
    Tragically Julia’s father died when the actress was just 10 years old, also from cancer.
    Speaking at a Stand Up To Cancer event in 2012, Julia said: ‘I don't remember his illness, really, but I remember him so dearly and vividly.’
    She explained she felt his loss recently more than ever, since having a family of her own: ‘That's where you feel the real ripoff. He's not here to be a grandparent.’
    The 46-year-old married cameraman Daniel Moder in 2002, and they have three children together: twins Hazel and Finn and Henry.
    MailOnline have contact Julia Roberts' representative for comment.

+6

Holding hands: It's been reported Julia has moved her ill mother into her Malibu home to be closer to her

Read more: Julia Roberts' mother Betty Lou 'suffering from lung cancer' | Mail Online

mjw
    Elite Member

Julia’s Worst Nightmare? Secret Video Diary Of Roberts’ Tragic Suicide Sister REVEALED

Just as Julia Robertsbegins to recover from the tragic suicide of her sister, Nancy Motes, she may be headed for another nightmare: RadarOnline.com has learned that portions of Motes’ secret video diaries recently leaked online and her estranged relationship with Roberts is among the topics of her heartfelt confession.

A preview for what was being characterized as an upcoming film, called Now That I Have Your Attention, surfaced on YouTube Monday. According to accompanying text, the film was set to reveal “how [Motes] was bullied about her weight by her family and how her life day to day … really was by her own words. Real Life Moments.”

Roberts’ attorneys have since had the video taken down, claiming Motes’ estate owns the videos’ copyright. As such, the documentary will never see the light of day — but only Radar got a sneak peek!

In the clip, part of which was filmed on May 15, 2013, Motes hinted at the feud with her famous sister that would consume her tragic last months.

“Same old same old with my family,” she sighed. “Situation doesn’t change … There’s been some crap …”

Later in the clip, she’s shown distraught, almost in tears, choking out the words, “Sh*t is so f*cked up. F*cked up.”

Indeed, it seemed her family drama was overshadowing her recent engagement – which she gushes about in the clip — and her weight loss victory. After gastric bypass surgery, she said, she was down “well over 100 pounds.”

But just a few months later, things turned nasty when Motes launched a vitriolic Twitter rant against older sister Roberts, as Radar has reported.

“So my ‘sister’ said that with all her friends & fans she doesn’t need anymore love,” Motes wrote. “Just so you all know ‘America’s Sweetheart’ is a B—-H!!’”

She later added, “Do you want to be a fan of someone so cruel? She’s not even that good of an actress. Happy you totally F—ed with me?”

Motes was found dead of a drug overdose on February 9.

Julia’s Worst Nightmare? Secret Video Diary Of Roberts’ Tragic Suicide Sister REVEALED | Radar Online

She was a sick woman. Her life must have been a misery.
    rollo likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

It is horrible that a mentally ill person's diary would be made public because their sibling is famous.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^ And that her "loving" fiance would release these things in an effort to profit from her death and/or extort money from the famous sibling.
    sluce, stef, rollo and 3 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

From Siblings To Strangers: Julia Roberts' Texts To Tragic Sister Show Breakdown In Relationship | Radar Online

From Siblings To Strangers: Julia Roberts’ Texts To Tragic Sister Show Breakdown In Relationship
    Posted on Mar 13, 2014 @ 3:14AM | By Radar Staff

For years,Julia Roberts was America’s Sweetheart, but according to her sister Nancy Motes, she’s really a “b*tch.” Motes slammed her famous sis in Twitter posts before her tragic death, and now the release of alleged texts from Roberts show just how chilly their relationship had become.

The texts — the authenticity of which Radar has not confirmed — were revealed during the preview clip of what was being billed as an upcoming documentary based on Motes’ video diaries, Now That I Have Your Attention.

Roberts’ attorneys have since had the video taken down, insisting copyright belongs to Motes estate — but only Radar got a sneak peek!

Cold and to-the-point, the texts from Roberts — sent in early November 2013 – read “If you plan on seeing Mom in the next 2 weeks you should go in the next hour. Thanks.”

As Radar has reported, Roberts’ mom, Betty Lou Motes, has been fighting a breast cancer battle since around that time.

“We’re heading to see her now,” Roberts’ sister wrote. “Thanks”

But instead of offering sisterly support, Roberts responded curtly, “Please be gone by 3:30.”

More than a week later, Roberts apparently tried to keep Motes from visiting their mom. “We will text you when Mom’s surgery is scheduled,” she wrote.

Her sister responded, “Mom asked me to come to the hospital. I’m coming.”

But Roberts insisted, “She is asleep. She has to get an x ray and isn’t even admitted to the hospital yet. She is only allowed 1 person with her.” As Radar has reported, the sisters’ cold war exploded into a public feud not long after these texts were sent, with Motes slamming her sis on Twitter.

“Just so you all know,” she wrote in one post, “America’s Sweetheart is a b*tch!”

By February 9, Motes was dead of an apparent drug overdose, allegedly leaving a bitter suicide note as her last words to her famous sister.

If you, or anyone you know, is struggling with thoughts of suicide, please immediately seek help. You can speak with a skilled, trained counselor at a national Suicide Prevention Lifeline crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7 — call 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

From Siblings To Strangers: Julia Roberts' Texts To Tragic Sister Show Breakdown In Relationship | Radar Online

Again there is nothing in those texts, if they are valid, of Julia being a bitch. Family members are often told to not engage with the unstable person and just stick to the facts. I have no doubt the sister had already put the mom through enough and she didn't need additional drama while in the hospital.
    Trixie, Flygirl, JazzyGirl and 1 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Again there is nothing in those texts, if they are valid, of Julia being a bitch. Family members are often told to not engage with the unstable person and just stick to the facts. I have no doubt the sister had already put the mom through enough and she didn't need additional drama while in the hospital.
    They also inaccurately described Roberts as trying to keep her sister from visitng their mom when what Roberts seemed to be implying was that it wasn't a good idea to head over there at that exact time because the mom was asleep, was allowed only one visitor, and was about to get an x-ray/
    sluce likes this.

Really, isn't that the point of texts? Short and to the point? Now if it had said "please be gone by 3:30 you fucking worthless bitch" I might call that cold.

I think it's pretty obvious that Nancy overreacted to any slight, I mean there's no bigger overreaction than suicide.
    sluce likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that Nancy overreacted to any slight, I mean there's no bigger overreaction than suicide.
    Or starting a land war in the Middle East because a guy who looked like a Mario Brother unsuccessfully tried to kill your dad.
    Flygirl likes this.

Or bombing a country in hopes of distracting your home nation from obsessing over your sexual habits with your intern

Roberts’ attorneys have since had the video taken down, insisting copyright belongs to Motes estate — but only Radar got a sneak peek!
    Wow, Radar, you should be so proud! Only you were low down and dirty enough to publish a mentally ill woman's personal diaries. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Or bombing a country in hopes of distracting your home nation from obsessing over your sexual habits with your intern
    Or starting a war between the US and Spain because your newspaper circulation is down.
    Flygirl likes this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information