Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Julia Roberts doesn't wear deodorant

Quote Originally Posted by cheeks View Post
    Sweat (natural perspiration) does not smell; bacteria on skin is what causes odour. So technically a person can sweat a lot and have very low bacteria levels (and everyone has bacteria...) and not smell. Technically some people can get by with soap and water and really not smell while others can soap up and wash up many times a day and use strong anti-persp./deo. and stink to the high heavens!!! Also, no matter what companies say, chemicals are chemicals and our bodies/skin absorb everything. So as long as a person doesn't stink, I don't blame them for not using many products. Underarm hair doesn't smell per se, but when mixed with bacteria things can get very, very stale...
    The thing about hair--anywhere--is that it provides extra surface area for bacteria to breed. So being clean-shaven does reduce the amount of bacteria, and therefore odor to some extent. This goes for all warm nooks and crannies on the body with hair.

I would believe she didn't need it if she shaved her pits regularly

My mother doesn't wear it and doesn't need it. She shaves, keeps clean, and she never smells unless she's just been out taking soil samples all morning...as anyone would. Some people don't seem to need it.

Me, I need it But I use this organic stuff from Earthfare because my doc recommended avoiding aluminum in my deodorant after my lumpectomy. The granolla-head stuff works pretty well...except when I sweat a LOT I smell like a salad
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I believe this absolutely.

I started using only Tom's of Maine a few months back, and I barely sweat any more. I used to use Secret Platinum and would sweat like I ran a marathon after just climbing the stairs. Underarm odor is very minimal, too.

I gave up antiperspirant because I was scared about the link to breast cancer, but less sweat was a much welcomed bonus.
    I gave up wearing deodorant a decade ago. I just kept forgetting to put it on after I showered, so I stopped altogether. I told my mom a couple of years ago, and she was surprised because I didn't smell. If I smelled, my sister would have told me a LONG time ago.

I totally believe the thing about using certain brands with chemical ingredients may be bad for you. Never know what those chemicals may do even though the direct link to breast cancer has been debunked.

I do, however, shave my underarms because I cannot stand them any other way.

Gold Member

Who cares? Let her do as she pleases. As long as I don't have to smell Julia's stinky pits, I'm okay with it.

I don't use deoderant either, not only does it mask your bodys' natural pheramones but it can also cause cancer with the aluminum and parabens. Men love real women!!!!!

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Didn't Rupert Everett write in his book that Julia Roberts stinks? Maybe she can't smell her own BO, but obviously everyone else can.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I wish I could find something natural that works. I tried using Tom's and unfortunately I could smell myself by that afternoon. I had to think of creative ways to keep my pits out of range until I could get home. I refused to give up and again started using it at home only and over the weekend. No go...I must have some strong pheramones
    Playful~

Elite Member

I worry about the chemicals - breast cancer has exploded and what do we put on the area every day? Tons of chemicals and we don't even know what they are.

OK-KristB put thiis link for you,but no one is reading it!! USE DEODORANT-you will NOT get breast cancer!! Also-for those of you saying some of them stink-they do. Use Dri Idea UNSENTED. I am not paying good money for purfume & let deodorant mess up the scent. Just use unscented.

Study disproves e-mail hoax linking antiperspirants, cancer
    WASHINGTON (AP) A new study, prompted by an urban myth spread on the Internet, shows there is no evidence that antiperspirants or deodorants can cause breast cancer.
    The study, appearing this week in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute, examined the personal hygiene habits of 813 women with breast cancer and 793 women without the disease and found no link between cancer and body odor control cosmetics.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

Ahem, I wear deodorant but it's only a habit really. I'm not a sweaty person and unless I workout or it's particularly hot weather I don't need it, thoroughly shaved or not. Lucky I guess. There's plenty of other things that need my attention......... Oh and the cancer thing is bullshit. If you know you stink wear the goddam deodorant - "natural pheramones" are NOT sexy. I know a chain smoking woman who thinks her deodorant is the thing that's going to give her cancer.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Ahem, I wear deodorant but it's only a habit really. I'm not a sweaty person and unless I workout or it's particularly hot weather I don't need it, thoroughly shaved or not. Lucky I guess. There's plenty of other things that need my attention.........
    Good point. I wash my face even if it doesn't LOOK dirty.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

I wash too darl. I'm just saying that I am very lucky that if I don't use deodorant after a shower then people don't faint from the BO fumes a couple of hours later. Of course, when I haven't showered for a week or so then the deodorant is essential.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't think they make horse deodorant!

I think for each person it will be different. I'll admit that I'm pretty lazy about wearing deo. Unless it's pretty warm out I don't sweat much and don't usually smell. Funny thing, I only smell out of my left pit, never the right...strange! I'd say about 1/2 the time during a given week will I wear deo and I've never gotten any complaints - trust me my husband and sisters wouldn't sugar coat it if I did smell.

On the other hand, I went for a 3 day backpack trip with my husbands family. His older sister is pretty much a hippie and doesn't wear deo., she says it will cause breast cancer. Whatever, I don't usually care. However, after day 3, no showers, and having hiked a few miles EVERYONE should wear deo. no matter what. She didn't and the 5 hour ride back to Seattle nearly killed me!!! I even offered her my travel sized Old Spice that i used because that stuff will cover any smell! It was terrible!

I have deodorant and I use deodorant (esp. before a workout) but not everyday. I shower regularly and my pits just don't really smell. I fail to see the big deal.
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information