Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Julia Roberts doesn't wear deodorant

Hit By Ban Bus!

so many women have breast cancer that I thought I would try using a natural deodorant (Toms) sometimes I don't use anything at all.

I think Julia realizes that smell around her isn't her arm pits, it's her acting.

Sorry but pit hair is a turn off, it's like leg hair. Never met a guy who found pit hair a turn on.

I know that you don't smell after you stop using that but I think it is weird.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    I'm actually inspired to try going without deoderant now. Thanks, Butt!!!
    I always wanted to go natural...but going through that first couple of weeks without any deod on just killed me and I gave up I know I should've just stuck to it, my body was just adjusting...

I've also heard that deod may cause breast cancer, which is a concern of mine, but my doctor swears up and down that it dosn't. I don't really beleive him though...chemicals are never good, especailly in places that sweat ( or are suppose to)
    I've heard that unrefined coconut oil works great as a natural deoderant, but I've never tried it.

I do use it on my hair and skin though. Great stuff!

^thanks Sweetness. I'll have to look into coconut oil

Please! Use the damn deodorant! You think your friends are going to TELL you they know damn well you are not wearing any?? Nooo-but they are going to have fun behind your back. Remember: you are used to the smell & won't notice. The rest of us-especially those of us cursed with keen sense of smell-will! Julia-Miss-I-freshen-up-at-noon, got written about her peculiar smell, in Rupert's book and a couple of others. I am begging all of you! Wear it! Any adult needs it! Use Tom's of Maine ,but use something!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^

Tell us how you really feel, McJag!

Bronze Member

Sweat (natural perspiration) does not smell; bacteria on skin is what causes odour. So technically a person can sweat a lot and have very low bacteria levels (and everyone has bacteria...) and not smell. Technically some people can get by with soap and water and really not smell while others can soap up and wash up many times a day and use strong anti-persp./deo. and stink to the high heavens!!! Also, no matter what companies say, chemicals are chemicals and our bodies/skin absorb everything. So as long as a person doesn't stink, I don't blame them for not using many products. Underarm hair doesn't smell per se, but when mixed with bacteria things can get very, very stale...That said I stock up on Secret deodorant (sping fresh or baby powder when it's on sale, and I can't do roll on, it rolls right off of me...)

Julia thinks compost doesn't smell either......

I think Julia realizes that smell around her isn't her arm pits, it's her acting.

I just fell out of my chair

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    ^

Tell us how you really feel, McJag!
    You all are lucky I was in a calm mood!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Julia thinks compost doesn't smell either......
    She may not have much of a sense of smell! Or it is on overload. She would be perfect to live by one of those paper mills...phew.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Please! Use the damn deodorant! You think your friends are going to TELL you they know damn well you are not wearing any?? Nooo-but they are going to have fun behind your back. Remember: you are used to the smell & won't notice. The rest of us-especially those of us cursed with keen sense of smell-will! Julia-Miss-I-freshen-up-at-noon, got written about her peculiar smell, in Rupert's book and a couple of others. I am begging all of you! Wear it! Any adult needs it! Use Tom's of Maine ,but use something!!!
    I do.. the lavender. OK I don't like the way it feels, it's like all wet and slimy but my Dove was breaking me out (after 3 years) but I agree not every one stinks... it's just Julia, dude you can't hump people in your trailer and expect not to have a certain odor - of course some of us wash that stuff off but for some it's like an calling card "hello it's me I just got me some" .... thus proving that even ugly horse faced women get laid

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    A couple of years ago I read a thing about deoderants and it said that the more you use them the more you needed them.
    I believe this absolutely.

I started using only Tom's of Maine a few months back, and I barely sweat any more. I used to use Secret Platinum and would sweat like I ran a marathon after just climbing the stairs. Underarm odor is very minimal, too.

I gave up antiperspirant because I was scared about the link to breast cancer, but less sweat was a much welcomed bonus.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    but my Dove was breaking me out (after 3 years)
    Dove (original clean) is my favorite! Hope it doesn't start giving me trouble.

As far as I know I'm not stinky, but have noticed that some deoderants make stink. Like that Teen Spirit stuff, most of the Suaves, and anything that has the baby powder scent (gag). They put off a bad chemical reaction with me or something.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information