Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Journey Singer Steve Perry Undergoes Cancer Surgery

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It seems like Dennis DeYoung has kind of an offputting personality and is difficult to get along with. Just a really talented guy who apparently has to do things his own way.
    After seeing him on NJN (local PBS station here in New Jersey) during "pledge breaks" I can see why they didn't get along with him, he's a dick.
    He showed up a few times promoting his concert special that was shown on the channel. When the hosts would ask him questions during the pledge breaks he was obnoxious, thought everything he said was hilarious, would talk over the hosts, say rude things and it was really apparent this guy thought he was fantastic, he made me cringe. I could see where he would get annoying really fast, especially on a tour bus where you had to spend hours with him without a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    After seeing him on NJN (local PBS station here in New Jersey) during "pledge breaks" I can see why they didn't get along with him, he's a dick.
    He showed up a few times promoting his concert special that was shown on the channel. When the hosts would ask him questions during the pledge breaks he was obnoxious, thought everything he said was hilarious, would talk over the hosts, say rude things and it was really apparent this guy thought he was fantastic, he made me cringe. I could see where he would get annoying really fast, especially on a tour bus where you had to spend hours with him without a break.
    Thanks for confirming that. I wonder if Witchcurlgirl knows anything about him, since she has family members in the industry. From what I've read, he has been kind of obnoxious and rude even when Styx was at their zenith in the late 70's, early 80's. He's also uber Catholic and been married for over 40 years. I'm almost getting a musical Mel Gibson vibe. Just kidding.

I've also heard Dennis was really getting weird ie Mr. Roboto with the music and the rockers of the group didn't want any part of that either.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Thanks for confirming that. I wonder if Witchcurlgirl knows anything about him, since she has family members in the industry. From what I've read, he has been kind of obnoxious and rude even when Styx was at their zenith in the late 70's, early 80's. He's also uber Catholic and been married for over 40 years. I'm almost getting a musical Mel Gibson vibe. Just kidding.
    Nah, I've got bupkes on Styx.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Mr. Roboto is da bomb! I met Dennis DeYoung briefly after a concert. Arrogant bastard. I got the impression that he thought he was the next Andrew Lloyd Webber.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Hate to see this- love Perry. Second only to Marty Balin of Jeff Airplane IMHO.

My bro worked at a smaller venue in Va. part time back in the 80's and specifically named DeYoung as an asshole. Said only Sammy Hagar was worse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    Mr. Roboto is da bomb! I met Dennis DeYoung briefly after a concert. Arrogant bastard. I got the impression that he thought he was the next Andrew Lloyd Webber.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

This is turning into the music you're ashamed to admit thread.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    This is turning into the music you're ashamed to admit thread.
    And the "Yes, I can confirm Dennis DeYoung is an a-hole" thread....
    Bluebonnet and Lalique like this.

I recently saw Journey (with Loverboy and Night Ranger I'll have you know!) and I found it weird with the new guy. Yes, he is talented, but it just seemed like really good karaoke to me. And I also have no problem admitting to loving Air Supply! In fact Every Woman in the World is what my best friend and I have for our ringtone for each other. There is nothing better than a drunken sing-song to Air Supply! hahahaha
    needmeds likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pmpk4757 View Post
    I recently saw Journey (with Loverboy and Night Ranger I'll have you know!) and I found it weird with the new guy. Yes, he is talented, but it just seemed like really good karaoke to me. And I also have no problem admitting to loving Air Supply! In fact Every Woman in the World is what my best friend and I have for our ringtone for each other. There is nothing better than a drunken sing-song to Air Supply! hahahaha
    i had the biggest crush on Loverboy's lead singer Mike Reno.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information