Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Jonathan Rhys Meyers' Dracula Salary Held Due to Past Substance Abuse

Not funny, ho.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Default More drunk pics

Troubled star Jonathan Rhys Meyers looks worse for wear and disorientated as he's pictured drinking from a bottle of vodka on London street

By Mail Online Reporter
    Published: 09:30 EST, 17 May 2015 | Updated: 09:08 EST, 18 May 2015

Shocking photos have emerged of Irish actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers drinking vodka straight from the bottle on a London street this week.
    The star, who has appeared in Bend it Like Beckham as well as the hit TV series The Tudors, wore a stained T-shirt and jeans as he exited a shop with a blue carrier bag of drink on Friday.
    Jonathan, 37, was seen taking a large bottle of vodka out of the bag before pouring some of the spirit in to the bottle cap and drinking from in the middle of the street.
    Scroll down for video

+15

Troubled: Jonathan Rhys Meyers was seen drinking vodka in a London street as he exited a shop on Friday

+15

In public: The 37-year-old Irish actor looked dishevelled and disorientated as he bought alcohol from a local shop and poured vodka into the bottle cap to drink

Dressed in a black and red jacket, which appeared to be inside out, and grey T-shirt, the actor looked disorientated as he exited the shop.
    The Sun on Sunday report that the actor was 'initially turned down' when he attempted to buy the vodka in his local shop, before 'eventually leaving with two bottles.'

15k shares

A representative for Jonathan has not yet responded to a request for comment.
    The actor has had a well publicised battle with alcohol since first shooting to fame in 2002, as Kthe love interest of Parminder Nagra's character in the hit British movie Bend it Like Beckham.

+15

+15

Distressed: The Tudors heartthrob wore a stained grey T-shirt with jeans and a black and red jacket when he went out to buy the alcohol

+15

Disturbing: Jonathan's flies appeared to be undone while he had spilled drink down his t-shirt

Jonathan is believed to have had six stints in rehab over the past few years.
    In May 2005 he checked into Promises in Malibu, California, seeking treatment for alcohol abuse, before returning for treatment in 2007.
    On 27 February 2009, the actor checked into rehab a third time, checking out less than a month later on 15 March 2009.

+15

Battle: The Bend it Like Beckham star has had a well publicised battle with drink over the past ten years

+15

Rehab: The actor is believed to have had up to six stints in rehab since 2005

+15

Wrong impression: In a 2008 interview Jonathan insisted his drinking had been 'blown out of all proportion'

In November 2011, the star was ordered by a French court to pay a restitution of Ä1,000 and was given a judgment of a suspended sentence for public intoxication 24 months earlier.
    Shortly after his mother died in November 2007, Jonathan gave an interview to theMail on Sunday's Live magazine to promote the new series of his show The Tudors, in which he insisted his drinking had been 'blown out of all proportion.'
    'I havenít even thought about drinking since my mother passed away. Drinking is not the way forward for me at all,' he said. 'I never even drank till I was 25 anyway. I was in Thailand on my own, filming. I was a little bit lonely and I started drinking.'

+15

Hopeless: The actor explained that when he does drink 'Iím like Bambi. Iím all over the place, hopeless'

+15

Still working: Despite his personal problems Jonathan has kept up a steady stream of acting jobs in recent years

'Since I was 27 I must have drunk maybe a dozen-and-a-half times Ė but when I do, Iím like Bambi. Iím all over the place, hopeless, like a 16-year-old kid. People notice.'
    ĎNow drink doesnít fit into where I want to go. I want to do something useful with my life. Drinking is not synonymous with that. And I donít put any emphasis on it.
    'To be honest, I just leave it alone and hope people will, too, but I donít really care. The whole drinking thing with me has been blown out of all proportion anyway.

+15

Talented: The actor first to fame in 2002 as the love interest of Parminder Nagra's character in the hit British movie Bend it Like Backham

+15

Ambitious: He went on to star as King Henry VIII in the global hit series The Tudors from 2007-2010

+15

Future: More recently he starred in TV series Dracula and currently has four films in production

He added that the public's perception of him is all wrong:
    ĎI kind of like people having this idea that Iím this wild, rebellious guy. But the reality is that Iím not, and Iím not quite sure I want to reveal how boring my life is. Of course, as a young Irish actor youíre tarred before you start. Itís the enduring clichť.í
    In December it was reported that the actor had proposed to his girlfriend Mara Lane after just seven months of dating.
    Despite his problems, Jonathan has kept up a steady stream of acting jobs, starring in the TV series Dracula while he had four movies currently in development.

+15

+15

In happier times: Jonathan, pictured at the Romantic Film Festival in France in 2013 (left) and in Dracula, also in 2013, at right

Jonathan Rhys Meyers starred as King Henry VIII in The Tudors

So sad. That seems pretty advanced. He's gonna kill himself if he isn't really careful.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

I wouldn't have recognized him if I saw him. He needs to get his shit together before he winds up dead.
    Piss off!

this is really sad and i feel kind of bad for even looking at the photos. it's like watching someone slowly kill themselves.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I didnt realise his situation was this bad. Sad .
    rollo likes this.

Aow poor thing, I felt bad just watching the pictures
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Damn this is sad. They will find him dead in an alley.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Hit By Ban Bus!

This breaks my heart,I want to take care of him.
    rollo likes this.

Aw shit, I didn't know it's that bad. But even in the first interviews with him I read they mentioned his drinking and drug use (around Bend it like Beckham). It's been coming.
    Callalily likes this.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Silver Member

He will blow his looks and career if he manages to stay alive. Who's going to want to hire a messed up, over 40 actor who can't be counted on to work properly?

It's not sad to me. He's a racist fuck and I couldn't care less if he drinks himself to death.
    Callalily likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartermrc View Post
    He will blow his looks and career if he manages to stay alive. Who's going to want to hire a messed up, over 40 actor who can't be counted on to work properly?
    Nobody, but if all it took was logical thinking and fear of losing important things to stop drinking, every alcoholic would do it.

I'm not an expert but have first hand experience, as i'm sure many of you do, with how an alcoholic functions once they reach this level of intoxication. if this is what i think it is, unless they aren't detoxed by force and with medical supervision, it won't end well. With his prolonged alcoholism, his % levels are so high that it is intervention or real risk of death. I wish that shitty photographer could do something to help rather than take such an array of pictures of this very sad state of affairs. And that, my friends, is why i can't be around addicts or i'll enable them indirectly by trying to help. He appears to be beyond the stage where this exposure would drive him to hit the rock bottom that his agent and family must be hoping for, if he survives. Hopefully, all car keys are out of reach. My boyfriend managed to get in his car and reverse into a person while in this state, injuring them extensively and putting himself in prison for many years. I really am so saddened by seeing these photos today.
    snoopqueen and ManxMouse like this.

It's a sad thing to see somebody in such a sorry state. Looks like he's wearing his jacket inside out; isn't that a lable sticking out? That said, I've never found him to be particulary attractive, if only because he always had an air about him that he seemed quite taken with his own looks.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information