Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Jonathan Rhys Meyers' Dracula Salary Held Due to Past Substance Abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    Not too sure about that, he was on a UK talk show a few weeks ago and looked absolutely off his tits.
    Don't tell anyone!

Hit By Ban Bus!

He seems like such a tortured soul he sure is one sexy fucker though.
    Mrs P and Linne like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    The Tudors is available on Netflix. I wish they would have continued the series following his children, especially Elizabeth I. IMO, that would be an amazing series. So much happened during the course of her reign.
    Dude... they did. Sort of.

The creator of the Tudors, Michael Hirsch, is the same bloke who created the two Elizabeth films with Cate Blanchett. The same style of kind of sticking close to history, but sexing it up a bit and going full on with metaphors... the films and the series are almost mirror images of each other. Not sure if other people in the production side of things were involved in both, but the writer for them was MH.

the Elizabeth films are very inaccurate. he wasn't sticking all that close to history there. same for the Tudors.

great entertainment, but unless you want to pull a george costanza breakfast at tiffany's error don't trust the story for accuracy. lots of people end up dead in the reel version as opposed to what happened in the real version, and the reverse as well. stuff like that.
    sparkles, Sassiness and Sunrider like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    Dude... they did. Sort of.

The creator of the Tudors, Michael Hirsch, is the same bloke who created the two Elizabeth films with Cate Blanchett. The same style of kind of sticking close to history, but sexing it up a bit and going full on with metaphors... the films and the series are almost mirror images of each other. Not sure if other people in the production side of things were involved in both, but the writer for them was MH.
    Oh, I know. I've owned the two movies for years on DVD. I just think a tv show would be a hit. I don't care that they're pretty inaccurate historically. I've done a lot of my own fact reading.

Silver Member

I saw him on Jonathan Ross and he was clearly off his head. He couldn't stop jabbering on and even JR has to stop and tell him to calm down. He seems a lovely guy and gorgeous looking but I fear he could be one of those young promising ones we lose early as they can't get their act together

Gold Member

The Tudors had some great acting, but Jonathan Rhys Myers was terribly miscast in the series. Henry VIII was a tall, athletic redhead. Myers is a scrawny brunette who overacted throughout The Tudors. Despite the on-screen temper tantrums and yelling, Myers just wasn't big enough or good enough for that role. There was also too much historical inaccuracy. However, the people who loved the series loved it because of Myers.

Only movie I ever liked him in was I'll Sleep Til' I'm Dead, but that movie worked because of Clive Owen.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I liked him in The Velvet Goldmine. And I would so hit that as long as there was no facial hair or racial slurs involved.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers looks frighteningly wide-eyed, just like his on-screen character Dracula after leaving nightclub

By SOPHIA CHARALAMBOUS
    PUBLISHED: 08:44, 29 November 2013 | UPDATED: 14:05, 29 November 2013

It might have been his night off, but Jonathan Rhys Meyers appeared to be still in character whilst on a night out in London on Thursday evening.

The 36-year-old Dracula star looked wide-eyed as he was spotted leaving the Groucho Club, on Dean Street, alone.

Jonathan's bloodshot eyes were hard to miss as he walked along the street outside the private members club in a stylish smart-casual ensemble.

Wide-eyed: Jonathan Rhys Meyers appeared wide-eyed after leaving the Groucho Club on Thursday evening

Uncanny: It is hard to tell the difference between Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Dracula (pictured) and the star in real life

The Bend It Like Beckham star was kitted out in a V-neck white T-shirt worn underneath a lapelled black blazer, and a pair of denim jeans.

Carrying his brown woven scarf in hand, he completed the look with a pair of daring, green crocodile skin cowboy boots.

The Irish actor and model was still sporting the goatee and beard from filming his role as Dracula, whilst fixing his brunette hair into a more modern gelled style.

Simple and stylish: Jonathan looked cool and casual in a V-neck T-shirt, a black blazer jacket and jeans for his nightclub outing

Jonathan has been known for his battle with alcohol abuse, having checked into rehab three times between 2005 and 2009 - and even reported to be banned for life from flying on United Airlines due to 'belligerent' and 'disruptive' behaviour involving alcohol.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, when the Irish actor took on the titular role in their new Dracula series it was specified that he must finish filming the ten episode run before receiving his full salary.
    The 36-year-old was NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt's first choice for the role in the primetime series, according to the report, but there were concerns based on 'his history of alcohol-related incidents during the production of Showtime hit The Tudors.'

Walk on by: Jonathan Rhys Meyers strolls out of the Groucho Club appearing wide-eyed on Thursday

Sources told the respected publication that NBC withheld a 'substantial part' of Meyer's salary, which is believed to be $100,000 an episode.
    They write that the actor received 'per diem payments and other small dispensations, but the lump sum of his salary was contingent on him completing the season.'
    The Reporter claim that the star had a meltdown while filming Dracula and briefly returned to London for for treatment.
    According to the Mirror, Jonathan has signed up with Dracula 'for years,' suggesting at least one more series is on the cards.
    He has also been linked to a new Star Wars film next year, which will see him reunited with director JJ Abrams.

Read more: Jonathan Rhys Meyers looks frighteningly wide-eyed, just like his on-screen character Dracula after leaving nightclub | Mail Online

I'd still do him. Oh, and steal the boots for myself in the morning.

I'd hit it.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    I'd hit it.
    Me too. With a shovel.

He gives me the heebiejeebies and I have no idea why.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

He seems to give himself the heebie jeebies. I want him to be OK! with me

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    He seems to give himself the heebie jeebies. I want him to be OK! with me

**smdh** You and the rapey-eyed motherfuckers.
    OrangeSlice likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information