Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt Split After 18 Years Together

We'll see how his career goes now that Mad Men is done. (Although he was perfectly cast in that role.)

Elite Member

JH must be channeling Don Draper or is it the other way around? Doesn't matter, I don't like either of them. There's nothing attractive about this guy, squinty eyes and lipless. No thanks.
    palta likes this.

Elite Member

Who gets the charity in the split, or will they continue to collaborate on that.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
    We'll see how his career goes now that Mad Men is done. (Although he was perfectly cast in that role.)
    I don't think he'll have a successful movie career. I've seen him in other roles, and he seems to play the same character, or doesn't deviate much from what he usually plays. I think he'll give movies a try, then eventually go back to TV. And even with TV I don't think he'll get more successful than Madmen. I think he just got lucky with Madmen.

I think he was amazing in Unbreakable Jimmy Schmidt. His character was very funny and he played him well. I also loved him in 30 Rock, when he starred as one of Liz's boyfriends (the very handsome one that lives in 'a bubble').
    JazzyGirl and firebrat1229 like this.

fgg

Jon Hamm, Jennifer Westfeldt Split: "He Wanted Kids, She Didn't"

Partners, but not parents. Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt announced that they were splitting after 18 years together on Sept. 7, and sources reveal exclusively to Us Weekly what exactly caused the breakup between the long-term couple.

One insider tells Us that the pair "definitely tried" to work out their differences and keep their nearly two-decade-long romance going. However, the split was imminent, especially since the two didn't see eye to eye about starting a family.

"There's always been a rift," another source close to the actress tells Us. "Because he wanted kids and she didn't."

Westfeldt, 45, opened up to the New York Times about the topic in more detail in 2012. "I never thought I'd be this age and not have kids," she reflected at the time. "But my life has also gone in a million ways I never anticipated. I kept feeling like I'd wake up with absolute clarity, and I haven't. And we have a pretty great life together... No one's had to give up an opportunity they really wanted."

In another interview with the Guardian, Westfeldt explained why marriage and kids weren't on her list of priorities. "In reality our lives — Jon's and mine — are so unconventional in every way, it's very difficult," she said that same year. "I think kids should have something grounded. Jon and I are both children of divorce."

Though the stars disagreed on the topic of kids, the nontraditional pair were always in agreement about their choice not to wed. "Neither of us have the greatest examples of marriages in our families," the Mad Men alum, 44, told Parade in 2010. "But Jen is the love of my life, and we've already been together four times longer than my parents were married."

In fact, they were in it for the long haul: Westfeldt even stood by the actor through his stint in rehab this past spring. Adds the second source: "He felt guilty because Jennifer stood by him for so long when he dealt with his alcoholism. It's sad."

Read more: Jon Hamm, Jennifer Westfeldt: Why They Split - Us Weekly
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

OK, it's hard to feel too bad for her. He told her he didn't want kids and she thought she'd get him to change his mind and he never did...
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

It's the other way around according to that article, she's the one who didn't want kids. It happens. It's sad.

But her face and the way she hangs her neck in that picture really bugs me.

^^^OOP, got my he's and she's mixed up...still it's sad. Now I know he'll find a fertile young thing and start playing Johnny Appleseed.

ETA: You know, Beeyotch, all the BI's I've read about them always says that it was he who wanted to be child-free. Ack, who knows who said what...
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    OK, it's hard to feel too bad for her. He told her he didn't want kids and she thought she'd get him to change his mind and he never did...
    Only now he's spinning it so hard it's no wonder Bitter is confuzzled. No way I believe it.

One million blinds about his cheating. Admitted to substance abuse issues, recent rehab stint. But it was her, of course, her and her damn withholding ovaries. He needs to stop with the spin and let this go quietly.

I'm talking myself in to a deep dislike for him.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Well if that's true then that's a dick move from him. Pun not intended.

If he does want kids I hope he waits till he's all sorted out with his addiction issues. No sense in bringing a child into that nightmare

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

so what does jennifer do?

i only know her from kissing jessica stein, and that was a zillion years ago.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Unleash that Hammaconda!
    Bombshell likes this.

Maybe this is to soften the blow when their is news of a mistress with his baby on the way.
    idunno likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information