Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Jon Bon Jovi's daughter hospitalized & arrested after suspected heroin overdose

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I thought ice, and glass were other names for meth. What is fake bake?
    Ice and glass and meth... I think the difference is purity. You'd be hard pressed to find a "white" meth. I've seen meth made and most times, it's a yellowish/creamy color and can be almost a peanut butter color. I think ice and glass are typically snorted (BTW, these were two that I said "never again" to, so I'm no expert) and meth is typically smoked - at least the fucks that I know that do it, smoke it. To me, it's all nasty and I have not intention of ever doing ice or glass again.
    Fake bake is the fake marijuana. Designer marijuana, whatever you want to call it. I don't really care for that shit either.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I call tanning "fake bake"! No wonder some people asked if there was drug testing at my job...
    sluce likes this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I walk past a methadone clinic every morning on my way to the train station, and for the most part the people I see coming in and out look like anyone else going to work - secretaries in business clothes, tradies with their utes parked out the front etc. It makes me feel a little more positive about humanity that at least this bunch are trying to get their lives back on track. It might not stick, but at least they're trying.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I walk past a methadone clinic every morning on my way to the train station, and for the most part the people I see coming in and out look like anyone else going to work - secretaries in business clothes, tradies with their utes parked out the front etc. It makes me feel a little more positive about humanity that at least this bunch are trying to get their lives back on track. It might not stick, but at least they're trying.
    Come to the methadone clinic my job runs. Bunch of junkies milling around blocking sidewalks, streets and crosswalks. Seriously, they're no different imo than when they were sticking an needle in their arm. I worked there exactly 6 weeks before I transferred out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Really...should someone only be arrested if they possess but DON'T overdose? How is an OD a get-out-of-jail-free card?
    time and place. The police could send a summons in the mail, asking the accused to go to court on a later date. Arresting her at hospital, as that story intimates, is fucked. "You're not dead? Good. Here's your charge sheet." Really? Does that need to be done immediately? Couldn't it wait???

I had a love affair with opiates in my late 20s and finally kicked all of it in 2003. Despite having 'gone there', I still have such mixed opinions on it. I remember my shrink and I talking about how good people wind up on such devastating drugs and he said that it doesn't matter how much money you have, how educated you are or how happy you appear, ONE THING turns people into junkies and it's a matter of finding out what it is - usually one or more incidents of trauma. But I do also agree that people are morons for trying it. We all know how this story ends and only 20% of heroin addicts in recovery never slip up or fall off the wagon.

The other part that pisses me off is I KNOW what I had to do to stay off drugs and that was to talk and talk and talk until my shrink and I uncovered the reasons. And we found them. Not one incident, but about 4. (That's not the part that pisses me off ). One incident was big and was definitely the trigger and so I worked through that by talking with him until it was merely anecdotal and I was in control of it. (Okay here's the part that pisses me off.) And so many junkies go into hospital and think all they need to do is detox and hope they don't do it again and they will. It was a really hard thing to do - the talking. But even in rehab I was judging other patients for not talking or looking at our shrink and counsellors almost like the enemy or school teachers or treating rehab like summer camp.

Like Jon Bon's daughter, I was from a family that had the resources to put me in a decent treatment centre, but the chances of her staying clean is close to none, unless she made the choice to fix herself up. It doesn't matter the centre, they all use similar methods... But none will work without a desire to be clean.

I think every junkie would benefit from reading Nikki Sixx's book, The Heroin Diaries. That book has been like a bible for me at times. If I ever need reminding of my life on drugs and why I'm better without them (usually if I'm struggling with something like my parents dying or the love of my life ripping my heart out), I pick that book up and read it again. It always knocks the sense back into me.
    [On Terry Richardson] "Dude is like a human version of a white, windowless van...." ~ Michael K.

^ Good post, Stereo.
    Stereo Inferno likes this.

Stereo, I'm so glad you're doing so well. That's a success story. Really taking the time and doing the hard work. Thank you for being so open and sharing.

Do we know or assume that Stephanie Bon Jovi is an addict or was she being reckless and experimenting?
    Stereo Inferno likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Stereo, I'm so glad you're doing so well. That's a success story. Really taking the time and doing the hard work. Thank you for being so open and sharing.

Do we know or assume that Stephanie Bon Jovi is an addict or was she being reckless and experimenting?
    Thanks, Chalet. I pondered whether to talk about it, but eh... it's not an uncommon scenario. I had a really good doctor, who also happens to be a record producer, (go figure) so he could empathise and understand my world a little better than most. (I've worked in the music industry in media/marketing over the years). And I have had a couple of accidents since 03, which I've never talked about to anyone, except my guy. The last time was the last week of my mum's life last year. My sister and I hated having her in hospital, so we hired private nurses and brought her home. One night I was in the bathroom and saw those lollypops of Fentanyl and I took one and went to bed with it. Got high, slept like a baby and the next day thought, "you dickhead, but hey, your mum is dying and shit happens, don't do it again."

My favourite drug quote ever, comes from Jarvis Cocker in a doco called Live Forever. He said something like, "You never hear anyone say, 'He's really come out of his shell and turned into a lovely lad since he started taking them drugs.'"

Back to Stephanie, considering they found more heroin than just what was in her system, I'd say she's more than experimenting. There's a book I once read called Starman, but can't remember the author. He was an English guy who went from being a thug in the East end of London, to being a bodyguard for Robert Plant, in the 70s. He left them when Bonham died and a few years later, became part of Bon Jovi's security. He talked about how the band had this little partitioned off area side stage, where they could do blow between songs and that the levels of partying in that band superseded Led Zeppelin's!

Even if drugs weren't in the house, it's easy for a child of these rockstar types to dig for info on their father's lifestyles and it would surely desensitise the kids' perception of drugs, good or bad, if that makes sense... Just speculating, anyway.
    [On Terry Richardson] "Dude is like a human version of a white, windowless van...." ~ Michael K.

fgg

Jon Bon Jovi Had 'No Idea' About His Daughter's Drug Trouble

Jon Bon Jovi isn't just livin' on a prayer following the apparent heroin overdose that hospitalized his daughter Stephanie Rose Bongiovi last month.

Speaking out about the issue with his daughter, the legendary rocker, 50, says he's "confident" Bongiovi, 19, will be okay, telling the Associated Press, "You surround them with the best help and love and move on, and that's where we're at with it."

Although the musician and his family are getting past the Nov. 14 incident that occurred in Bongiovi's Hamilton College dorm room in Clinton, N.Y., the musician is still surprised it happened.

"I'm shocked as much as the next parent with this situation and had no idea," Bon Jovi explains. "Steph is a great kid. Great GPA. Cool school … everything about it is idyllic. She was doing great, then a sudden and steep decline."

Reflecting back, Bon Jovi says when he first became a father he wasn't sure how best to raise a little girl, but he and his wife provided a loving, stable home for their daughter.

"I didn't have any sisters," he says. "We bring home this girl the first day. Now what? Where's the manual? There was no manual. So you bring her up the best you can, you surround her with hugs and kisses and know that she may eventually fall down," he says. "I appreciate the outpouring of kindness in light of what happened in my household … No one knows the future. It is what it is."
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information