Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Jon Bon Jovi's daughter hospitalized & arrested after suspected heroin overdose

His teeth are hilarious.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    So no one thinks she got a celebrity pass here? Anyway, hopefully she and her friends have had a wake up call.
    yeah, they totally created that law in half an hour just so they could apply it to bon jovi's daughter.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yeah, they totally created that law in half an hour just so they could apply it to bon jovi's daughter.
    ? Not what I was saying.

lol i know, i'm just messing with you. sometimes the law is just the law and there's no special treatment for celebs or their spawn.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ Ok, cool.

I have the up most sympathy for nurses working in emergency rooms who have to deal with druggies brought in who are going out of their minds on shit like ice and meth. Druggies using, over dosing, and their friends hand them off to nurses and orderlies. Laws protect the druggies from prosecution... they come down, leavem score again... and repeat. Special rooms have to be built for these druggies in my state's hospitals because they are physically violent, on top of being a drain of money, space and time for our medical systems. So the idea that these druggies and their cliques can't be prosecuted unless the cops can catch them while possessing the drugs - but before ingesting the drugs - seems hopeless.
    Mel1973 likes this.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    That's definitely true. Many casual users also snort heroin. I've found (anecdotal info as well) that it's much more common than I would have thought.

I just don't get the stupidity behind messing about with something so addictive. And I'm no shrinking violet with drugs, but opiates are in a class of their own. Now there all these opiate based pills that are wrecking people's lives.
    This! There is just some shit I would NEVER do. Crack, meth & heroin (and ANYTHING that one would need to shoot up) are the top three nonos for me because I've seen what that shit does to people. I've tried X, ice, glass, cocaine, pot, bath salts, fake bake, etc... some of that shit I tried once and decided to put that into the "never again" category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    I have the up most sympathy for nurses working in emergency rooms who have to deal with druggies brought in who are going out of their minds on shit like ice and meth. Druggies using, over dosing, and their friends hand them off to nurses and orderlies. Laws protect the druggies from prosecution... they come down, leavem score again... and repeat. Special rooms have to be built for these druggies in my state's hospitals because they are physically violent, on top of being a drain of money, space and time for our medical systems. So the idea that these druggies and their cliques can't be prosecuted unless the cops can catch them while possessing the drugs - but before ingesting the drugs - seems hopeless.
    I agree with you. completely. it's hopeless.
    Kat Scorp likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

fgg

maybe it is an unpopular opinion but i don't think i'd lose any sleep over people who died (i.e. junkies, regular users) from overdoses because they were too afraid of prosecution due to seeking medical help.
    Kat Scorp and southernbelle like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Yeah but you think differently when these junkies and regular users are part of your family. It sucks.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Yeah but you think differently when these junkies and regular users are part of your family. It sucks.
    Just having an alcoholic in your family is horrible. I can't imagine the pain of having someone on heroin, or meth or MDMA.....

I can imagine it. I think I've mentioned before that I have a brother who was addicted to meth so bad. Prior to meth, he was a good guy with all mental faculties and could keep a job. I know he's STILL a good guy, but meth has screwed him mentally. Even still, it would kill me if he od'd and died. I don't wish that for people, which is maybe WHY I think these people should be locked up - for their own good. If they are in jail, they have a better chance of kicking that demon than they do out where they can get their hands on that shit.
    Stereo Inferno likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

jail is not rehab. and prisons are rife with drugs and it's not just about detoxing - most addicts need therapy. otherwise, the minute they're out of jail they'll score again.
    i don't know why it's so hard for people and governments to treat drug addiction/consumption/possession as what it is - a health problem, not a criminal one.
    Callalily, faithanne and Jana like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    This! There is just some shit I would NEVER do. Crack, meth & heroin (and ANYTHING that one would need to shoot up) are the top three nonos for me because I've seen what that shit does to people. I've tried X, ice, glass, cocaine, pot, bath salts, fake bake, etc... some of that shit I tried once and decided to put that into the "never again" category.

I agree with you. completely. it's hopeless.
    I thought ice, and glass were other names for meth. What is fake bake?
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

My best friend dated this really great guy for 3 years, then he changed suddenly- started lying to her about stuff and disappearing with his friends. She noticed he started coughing up black stuff and had a bad cough. She never suspected drugs, she thought it was something horrible like cancer at first. After confronting him he said he was smoking opium and it wasn't that bad. Turns out it was black tar heroin and he got deeper into that shit and fast, end up cheating on her with another junkie too. My friend left him. He ran in a white upper class circle, they were all into heroin/opium and in their late teens, early 20's.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    jail is not rehab. and prisons are rife with drugs and it's not just about detoxing - most addicts need therapy. otherwise, the minute they're out of jail they'll score again.
    i don't know why it's so hard for people and governments to treat drug addiction/consumption/possession as what it is - a health problem, not a criminal one.
    i agree with what you are saying about jail, but some of the doctors i know who work with junkies tell me it is nearly impossible to break the addiction to things like heroin.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information