Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Jon Bon Jovi's daughter hospitalized & arrested after suspected heroin overdose

^ Yes, the Triborough bridge.

They've been changing the names of things here quite a bit recently. I have no idea why they bother. The Battery Tunnel is now the Hugh Carey Tunnel, the 59th St bridge is now the Ed Koch bridge.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

They've been changing the names of things here quite a bit recently. I have no idea why they bother. The Battery Tunnel is now the Hugh Carey Tunnel, the 59th St bridge is now the Ed Koch bridge.
    That's what I was wondering. I work really close to BWI airport, and now it's called something like Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall airport. And National Airport is now Reagan National Airport. I was fine with the previous names. It's like they aren't fine with a bridge or an airport name until it has a politician's name appended to it.

czb

That's definitely true. Many casual users also snort heroin. I've found (anecdotal info as well) that it's much more common than I would have thought.

I just don't get the stupidity behind messing about with something so addictive. And I'm no shrinking violet with drugs, but opiates are in a class of their own. Now there all these opiate based pills that are wrecking people's lives.
    i agree with everything that you're saying here. and when i spoke with my acquaintance about the issue of addiction, he really didn't see it as a problem. of course, i guess he doesn't any problem with being the first OD of the year in a major city in the bay area as an issue . . . .

They can't rename that! What about the Feelin' Groovy song?
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Jon Bon Jovi's Daughter
    Heroin Charges Dropped

Breaking News

Jon Bon Jovi
    's daughter will not face criminal prosecution after allegedly overdosing on heroin in a college dorm yesterday -- because the D.A. has dropped all charges.

A rep for the Oneida County District Attorney's Office says it is dismissing all criminal charges against Jon's 19-year-old daughter Stephanie Bongiovi as well as the 21-year-old male student allegedly involved with Stephanie's overdose.

TMZ broke the story ... Stephanie was arrested after being treated by emergency medical personnel following the alleged overdose at a Hamilton College dormitory. Cops claim a drug task force found small quantities of heroin in the dorm room ... along with marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

Stephanie was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and criminally using drug paraphernalia. The 21-year-old was also charged with drug possession.

The D.A. says the charges were dropped because of a New York law that specifically prohibits prosecution of people experiencing a drug overdose -- as well as the people who help them seek medical care.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

holy crap, bon jovi's teeth/dentures/chiclets. disgusting.

daughter looks like avril lavigne in the face. glad the charges were dropped. so stupid to waste time and money prosecuting drug possession.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    [h=2]The D.A. says the charges were dropped because of a New York law that specifically prohibits prosecution of people experiencing a drug overdose -- as well as the people who help them seek medical care.
    this is total bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    glad the charges were dropped. so stupid to waste time and money prosecuting drug possession.
    for weed, i agree. heroin? hell no.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

[QUOTE=fgg;2866553]this is total bullshit.

Agreed. So now anyone caught in NY w/drugs can pretend to be overdosing and they won't be charged lol

yeah i know a lot of people think possession of hard drugs should be prosecuted but i don't think so. imagine if you went after and arrested everyone snorting coke in nightclubs? that would be retarded. heroin is in the same class as cocaine.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ I don't necessarily disagree, but don't think someone should get a pass just for OD'ing. Possession is possession, why shouldn't it be treated the same across the board then.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

yeah but if you prosecute people who OD, it will deter people from seeking help and if those with them can be prosecuted, then they won't call for help if their friend is ODing. as long as you have laws that prosecute possession, laws like the NY one are good because they act as safeguards to save lives. the NY law makes sense.
    imagine being the mother of a kid who dies because their friends left them to die instead of calling for help because they didn't want to be arrested...
    chartreuse, ManxMouse and holly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yeah but if you prosecute people who OD, it will deter people from seeking help and if those with them can be prosecuted, then they won't call for help if their friend is ODing. as long as you have laws that prosecute possession, laws like the NY one are good because they act as safeguards to save lives. the NY law makes sense.
    imagine being the mother of a kid who dies because their friends left them to die instead of calling for help because they didn't want to be arrested...
    This.

Without the law, more people could die. You'd only have more pointless arrests that never cure addicts, but do clog up our court systems and jails with users.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ I don't necessarily disagree, but don't think someone should get a pass just for OD'ing. Possession is possession, why shouldn't it be treated the same across the board then.

I do think they should get a pass for OD'ing. The no prosecution for OD's exceptions were passed so people could call for emergency medical attention, rather than just letting them die because they were afraid they would be prosecuted even though trying to help. I remember back in the 80s there were college kids dying because their buddies were afraid to call for help.
    shedevilang likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

So no one thinks she got a celebrity pass here? Anyway, hopefully she and her friends have had a wake up call.
    Mel1973 likes this.

No, its the law.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information