Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Jon Bon Jovi's daughter hospitalized & arrested after suspected heroin overdose

I guess that's a stereotype I ran into here, in the greater Atlanta area. When I was living in Texas, it was considered a 'big city' drug, which isn't the same thing, but one idea possibly spawned the other.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Ah, but having 4 generations of family that have attended Hamilton, I have never once heard the word Kirkland and Hamilton in the same reference.
    I think the writer must have just wiki-ed and got what's 'correct', yet wrong to someone familiar with the area.

The Village of Clinton, site of Hamilton College, is within the Town of Kirkland.

There used to be a commercial for Honda they tailored to local markets- two guys discussing their morning commute and the highways they would take. They would refer to a road here as 'The Fort Hamilton Parkway', but no one here would ever use 'the'. It's just Fort Hamilton Parkway, and it's just avenue with a leftover colonial era name, not a highway at all. It used to drive us batshit.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I guess that's a stereotype I ran into here, in the greater Atlanta area. When I was living in Texas, it was considered a 'big city' drug, which isn't the same thing, but one idea possibly spawned the other.
    Yep. Around Texas it seems the rich yuppie kids have all the drugs - including heroin. Nothing better to do I guess
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I always associate crack for lower income/inner city, meth for rural areas, coke for middle/upper middle income and heroin for middle/upper income. From what I have read lately, heroin is the number one drug because it's not only purer, but a lot cheaper than it used to be and goes farther. Plus, smoking it doesn't give the fear of having to use needles. The new "cool kids'" drug. Fucking idiots.

It's about as helpful and productive as arresting someone for attempting suicide.

sorry, breaking the law is breaking the law. she was hospitalized and then arrested. as she should have been IMO.
    southernbelle and Kat Scorp like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Really...should someone only be arrested if they possess but DON'T overdose? How is an OD a get-out-of-jail-free card?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I've never been sure it made sense to arrest people for something that is only hurting or endangering themselves. You could argue it's needed as a wake up call-- in this case I would think an OD would be an equally or more effective wake up call.

And I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from seeking help for their friends by arresting people when they make 911 calls either.

Well, that guy needed to be arrested too. These folks need to take a page out of the trollsens rule book regarding what to do if you od and rules for when your friends/customers od... when you call the cops, you clean your shit up/get rid of the stash BEFORE the popo comes! Damn, everybody should know that. Otherwise, call anonymously and gtfo before the cops arrive. Of course, I guess if you're high, you're not thinking coherently...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

czb

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    you don't have to shoot heroin anymore. going back to the 90's it's gotten much purer, so no need for needles. which is why it's become more widely used than it was back in the 60's and 70's. at least the needles made people cautious.
    ok, i have never done heroin (thank goodness) so all i have is anecdotal info. a younger acquaintance of mine did it starting in college. he told me that people start out smoking it but the high is very brief and after several episodes you don't get high anymore. so that's when people start injecting, the high is longer and more intense.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i didn't know heroin was associated with slums. growing up in switzerland in the 90s, it was all over the place and it was always white middle or upper middle class kids doing it. and emo artsy types.
    i went to college in the 80s and back then, heroin was considered pretty low-rent. but i think in the 90s it all changed, and yeah, like you say, it was used by more privileged people. i have no idea what kids do now.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ok, i have never done heroin (thank goodness) so all i have is anecdotal info. a younger acquaintance of mine did it starting in college. he told me that people start out smoking it but the high is very brief and after several episodes you don't get high anymore. so that's when people start injecting, the high is longer and more intense.
    That's definitely true. Many casual users also snort heroin. I've found (anecdotal info as well) that it's much more common than I would have thought.

I just don't get the stupidity behind messing about with something so addictive. And I'm no shrinking violet with drugs, but opiates are in a class of their own. Now there all these opiate based pills that are wrecking people's lives.
    Mel1973 likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Elite Member

I think the writer must have just wiki-ed and got what's 'correct', yet wrong to someone familiar with the area.

The Village of Clinton, site of Hamilton College, is within the Town of Kirkland.

There used to be a commercial for Honda they tailored to local markets- two guys discussing their morning commute and the highways they would take. They would refer to a road here as 'The Fort Hamilton Parkway', but no one here would ever use 'the'. It's just Fort Hamilton Parkway, and it's just avenue with a leftover colonial era name, not a highway at all. It used to drive us batshit.
    Not to derail but the pronunciation of Van Wyck on tv/radio traffic reports makes me batty.

^ lol. I know exactly what you mean. you can always tell the out of town reporters. I also cannot cope with the RFK bridge, and refuse to call it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Well, that guy needed to be arrested too. These folks need to take a page out of the trollsens rule book regarding what to do if you od and rules for when your friends/customers od... when you call the cops, you clean your shit up/get rid of the stash BEFORE the popo comes! Damn, everybody should know that. Otherwise, call anonymously and gtfo before the cops arrive. Of course, I guess if you're high, you're not thinking coherently...
    Yep, too bad most people are doing junk with other junkies, not with certified medical professionals. Someone I knew from high school died that way, from what I understand they threw him in a cold shower, when that didn't work and they realized he was dead, they talked about dumping his body at the ER...finally someone called for help but by then it was too late.

BonJovi's daughter was lucky.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^ lol. I know exactly what you mean. you can always tell the out of town reporters. I also cannot cope with the RFK bridge, and refuse to call it that.
    Is the RFK appellation relatively new, and they used to call it something else?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information