Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: John Travolta's son dead...

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    Thats Really Sad But Probably What They Secretly Wanted. They Ignored His Condition His Whole Fucking Life The Poor Kid
    Yes when he got older, you rarely saw him out in public. It's been said it was due to his behavior. But they'd tote Ella all around. The reason I thought they were ashamed of him is one time, John was being interviewed about something and all he talked about was Ella. It was like he didn't have a son. Oh yeah it was about them having another baby. It was really strange.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    you quoted my post, and then said it wasn't fair for 'us' to be presuming anything right now.

I wasn't presuming anything for 'us' , I was speaking for myself.
    I think you misunderstood my post as I was using 'us' generally, but whatever.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I know Scientologists hate psychiatry, but autism is a developmental disorder & I don't really understand why treating it would be considered a bad thing.
    Because all disease is only a state of mind for them. They don't believe in Autism, since the word itself taints the thetan (something like a soul) for life.

Needless to say, not many highschool graduates amoung the faithful, much less college educated.

I don't understand why people feel that they have the right to know John Travoltas sons medical history.

Also belonging to a religion doesnt mean that you follow it religiously. I know heaps of christians and catholics that seem to pick and choose when they want to follow the bible. Convenient huh? Perhaps he was being treated. In my opinion its still innocent until proven guilty.

RIP Jett.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    Agreed. In this day and age people don't die from hitting their head if they receive medical care quickly. Which begs the question: why was the autistic son left unsupervised? Because their cult denied he even had a problem.
    No,no,Cali! It depends where & how hard,etc. Also,a fall can be so quick it doesn't matter if you have 10 people with you-it can happen. If you are talking when they find you,you can usually recover,but this kid was already out.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Well, if he really was autistic, he probably wouldn't have wanted to be dragged around in public. Austic people tend to be easily overstimulated & it's unpleasant for them. But that's no reason for the rest of the family to stay home all the time. I'm just saying, let's be reasonable here.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I think that regardless of their involvement in Scientology or their opinion about his condition, it's a tragic and heartbreaking situation. I'm sure that they are crushed by the loss of their child, and I wish them comfort, peace, and support as they deal with this devastating experience.

As far as the accusations that they hid him because they were ashamed, I agree with Lobelia. If he was truly autistic, they were probably just trying to act in his best interest by not exposing him to swarms of screaming, aggressive paparazzi and camera flashes- something that, to an autistic child, would probably feel like a very threatening experience.

RIP Jett.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

maybe they can audit the anguish away. Remember, anguish is caused by the ghosts of martians in your brain.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    I don't understand why people feel that they have the right to know John Travoltas sons medical history.

Also belonging to a religion doesnt mean that you follow it religiously. I know heaps of christians and catholics that seem to pick and choose when they want to follow the bible. Convenient huh? Perhaps he was being treated. In my opinion its still innocent until proven guilty.

RIP Jett.
    If a Scieno doesn't follow the "religion" religiously, they are a suppressive person and all sorts of nasty things happen to SP's.
    Last edited by Sasha; January 2nd, 2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: I can't spell today for the life of me.

You know,this could make them sever ties with those Creeps forever.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

what a tragic waste sons of bitches, thats all i can think.

i will never believe any craptastic story they put out there on he died; it was neglect and therefore murder imo.

"hit his head on a tub" give me a fucking break.

I honestly don't care if the boy was sick, or if his parents are Co$ weirdos, or how he died. The fact is, another young person is dead for no good reason, and it's a damn shame.

....if they knew he was prone to seizures, but did not give him appropriate medication....then I say......charge them with involuntary manslaughter.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Well, if he really was autistic, he probably wouldn't have wanted to be dragged around in public. Austic people tend to be easily overstimulated & it's unpleasant for them. But that's no reason for the rest of the family to stay home all the time. I'm just saying, let's be reasonable here.
    No that's true but it was definitely noticeable how he didn't mention Jett when talking about having another kid. It was all "Ella this...Ella that..." If you didn't know it, you would never think he had a son.

Just the odd impression I got. I don't like him anyway though.

Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread Information