Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: John Travolta's rift with Scientology; still grief-stricken over son's death

I can't respect someone who joins a cult because they have diert on him being a homo and then sacrifices his own kids health for some bullshit barley water nonsense.

He basically murdered the kid because he couldn't be a man.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I can't respect someone who joins a cult because they have diert on him being a homo and then sacrifices his own kids health for some bullshit barley water nonsense.

He basically murdered the kid because he couldn't be a man.
    He didn't join because they have dirt on him, they have dirt on him because he joined.

Pretty sure they knew he was a mo first, and got evidence.. then they set him up with his fake wife
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    If the $ci have infiltrated the cops and other parts of government, and pretty much everyone he knows is part of the $ci family, who could he turn to with trust?
    *cough* Anonymous *cough*
    FWIW, Anon protesters are saying that Clearwater police department are getting tired of Co$ shenanigans. That doesn't mean that the CPD doesn't have co$ friendly officers in their ranks, but all of the cops that anons have dealt with have nothing but contempt for the clams. I guess calling the cops over and over during protests for absolutely nothing, really helped them

A random fan who liked how he acted in his movies? With luck, he can negotiate to split from $ci quietly, saying 'ever since his son's death, he has decided to live his spiritual life privately' and never talk about it again. Otherwise, he will end up in some sordid crime scene like the Sham Wow guy, and a bunch of dirt will be released right after his untimely murder by a cracked out male whore.
    I can totally see this happening since the sham-wow dude was also a clam.

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    I wonder just how much he could trust his wife in all this? Sounds like she's deeper in the CoS hole than he is. She could be spying and reporting about him all the time herself. If I were John I'd put Ella in my jet, fly the hell away from US; there have to be some countries where CoS doesn't exist? So what if he never makes another movie, I'm sure he has millions to live on for the rest of his life.
    A few years ago, a few ex-co$ (including Tory Christman) mentioned that Travolta wanted out of the Co$, but it was Preston that was the hard-core clam. Out of all the 'huge celebrities' in $cientology, he's the one I can see leaving first (minus Jason Beghe).

I like the part about CO$ wanting JT to undergo "sessions with ethic officers". Uh, CO$ has "ethics officers"? Not likely, since they are so ready to blackmail, and too the fact they keep files with damaging info on its members.
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/wakefield/us-11.html
    Ex Scientologist - Ethics Conditions - The full story
    Scientology ethics

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    *cough* Anonymous *cough*
    FWIW, Anon protesters are saying that Clearwater police department are getting tired of Co$ shenanigans. That doesn't mean that the CPD doesn't have co$ friendly officers in their ranks, but all of the cops that anons have dealt with have nothing but contempt for the clams. I guess calling the cops over and over during protests for absolutely nothing, really helped them

I can totally see this happening since the sham-wow dude was also a clam.

A few years ago, a few ex-co$ (including Tory Christman) mentioned that Travolta wanted out of the Co$, but it was Preston that was the hard-core clam. Out of all the 'huge celebrities' in $cientology, he's the one I can see leaving first (minus Jason Beghe).

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/wakefield/us-11.html
    Ex Scientologist - Ethics Conditions - The full story
    Scientology ethics
    Thanks for info.
    Wow, I am speechless. And, there are seemingly intelligent people involved in this shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jansi View Post
    Don't see why he would have to spill dirt on others (if you are referring to other stars involved with the CO$). Sorry I don't blame him, I am sure he does enough of that to himself. I know too many people who cannot think without their religion. Praying illness away, exorcisims, etc. Many have died because of other religious nonsense. What about all the religious wars???

I too believe he should leave the mafia, I mean the CO$, and show them for what they really are, and to hell with what they have on him. Maybe homosexuality? How boring. IF he and Kelly should divorce because he blows the whistle on the CO$, that doesn't mean Bella automatically leaves the CO$. Remember she has two parents. If Kelly is as hard-core as has been stated, John will have an uphill battle to get Bella away from the CO$. I think a judge might not want to be involved in religion. We may believe it is a cult, but many other religions have been viewed as such in the past and are now accepted. (Please do not jump down my throat, I am not a CO$ fan!, but then I don't believe in accepted religions either). The craziness that is CO$ may one day be recognized as a religion.

As for JT, I am so sorry for his loss and pain. Unless it comes out that he was a pedo, which I seriously doubt, I will remain a fan.

As for quick burial, don't think it is suspicious at all. Jews are in the ground within 24 hours. I don't even want a wake or burial. Cremate me and take me to Bermuda.
    Even if Scientology were a REAL religion, which it isn't, anyone who puts their religion above the best interest of their child is at fault. I mentioned the point earlier that what John & Kelly did is no different than what a religious fundie would do who refuses medical treatment for their sick kid because they think praying will solve the problem. It's negligence. Plain and simple.

Scientology is the very definition of a cult. The other real religions, despite some of their creepy practices, don't have as bad a rep as the CO$ does.

And John isn't blowing the whistle on the CO$. The fact that it's becoming public knowlege that he's 'feeling guilt' will be enough to make the CO$ nervous enough to keep close tabs on him and add whatever threats they need. Whatever secrets John may have are nothing compared to the secrets the CO$ has and they'll probably do whatever it takes to keep John quiet.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Gawker's picked up on it.

There's a rumor going around that one of Scientology's most powerful proponents, John Travolta, is looking to leave the draconian religion once and for all. After the year he's had, it would make sense.

According to the Daily Mail - who rounded up some interesting quotes on the matter - it appears to be a very real possibility. To say Travolta's had a rough go of it recently would be putting it very, very lightly.

On the business side of things, Travolta's big role this year performed under studio expectations. An complete aside, when you consider his personal life:

His son Jett - reportedly autistic, a diagnosis the Church of Scientology refuses to dignify - passed away earlier this year. Travolta defied Scientology and acknowledged it. Some sleazy gossip website put together a theory that enlists the idea of Travolta not only having a gay lover, but the gay lover - his son's nanny - being a primary cause of his son's death. Which is besides the fact that someone tried to extort him over documents involved in his son's transportation, and his wife might've tried (successfully) to get Roger Friedman fired by going to the top brass at Fox over Friedman's comments on Scientology.

All of this gives the Daily Mail's report some ground to walk on, when they note:

His distress, say sources close to him, has been compounded by the first cracks in his 34-year relationship with the Church of Scientology, the cult-like religion of which Travolta is a prominent and generous benefactor. And there are dark mutterings that if he carries out private threats to leave, the organisation will go public with embarrassing details of his private life, including, it is claimed, allegations of past homosexual relationships. Sources in the U.S. disclosed to me this week that his son's sudden death has 'deeply shaken' Travolta's faith in the strange sect, which makes wild claims about its ability to cure a variety of physical and mental disorders.

There's more talk of Travolta taking late night drives by himself, and being in a "state of constant distress." There's the very evident weight Travolta's gained. There's the memory of Scientology's scary-ass leader David Miscavage slagging on Travolta's sexuality:

Earlier, the prestigious Time magazine also reported allegations made by Richard Aznaran, the former security head of Scientology, that the Church's leader, David Miscavige, had repeatedly joked about Travolta's 'promiscuous homosexual behaviour'.

And then there's the fact that Scientology has a well known history of intimidation of the physical and emotional stripe. This goes without saying, but: Travolta's donated millions of dollars, and what could only be thousands of hours to the church throughout his life. Shit, he made Battlefield Earth.

For a celebrity of Travolta's stature to renounce Scientology would be massive, for both parties. Even rumors of Travolta's potential departure from the religion are pretty damning. Granted, it'll be a difficult path if he chooses to take it - the resistance he'll encounter from the highest levels of the religion are potentially fiscally, emotionally, and physically dangerous to his livelihood - but one that could shake Scientology to its absolute core.

I wonder which sleazy website they're talking about.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I followed the link in that Defamer/Gawker story and the website they're referring to is themselves, Gawker. Travolta's Rumored Gay Lover Discovered Dead Son - Jett Travolta - Gawker

Thanks for info.
    Wow, I am speechless. And, there are seemingly intelligent people involved in this shit!
    Well I think some intelligent people get into it to advance their careers.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

JT had 16 years to get Jett and his family out of Co$.
    Poor Jett didn't have a chance. I often felt that sooner or later he'd be "thrown under the bus" and wasn't surprised at all when he died.
    Many here had almost predicted it and we didn't even know the kid.
    How could John not see it being his parent?

I also think now that Jett has practically been sacrificed to CO$, JT has lost too much to turn back.
    I think these murmerings are just that and in a few months JT will be back and just as a strong supporter of COS as he was before.

Sorry about the rant, but this makes me really angry.

RIP Jett.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

^ Sadly, I agree with your rant.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    And John isn't blowing the whistle on the CO$. The fact that it's becoming public knowlege that he's 'feeling guilt' will be enough to make the CO$ nervous enough to keep close tabs on him and add whatever threats they need. Whatever secrets John may have are nothing compared to the secrets the CO$ has and they'll probably do whatever it takes to keep John quiet.
    I am sure this is true, and I wouldn't put physical threats beyond them. Maybe breaking some knees, cutting off fingers? And the $ci nuts all keep tabs on each other all the time. I hope JT finds the strength to leave. It will probably cost him his marriage. I will be most interested to see how Kelly behaves if he leaves CO$. As for homosexuality, as I said before, who gives a shit? My deceased BFF was gay, and I don't believe I will ever have a friend I will love as much as I loved him. I do not care one iota about someones sexual orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Ono View Post
    JT had 16 years to get Jett and his family out of Co$. Poor Jett didn't have a chance. I often felt that sooner or later he'd be "thrown under the bus" and wasn't surprised at all when he died.
    Many here had almost predicted it and we didn't even know the kid.
    How could John not see it being his parent?

I also think now that Jett has practically been sacrificed to CO$, JT has lost too much to turn back.
    I think these murmerings are just that and in a few months JT will be back and just as a strong supporter of COS as he was before.

Sorry about the rant, but this makes me really angry.

RIP Jett.
    Yes, he should have left; he never should have joined, but he did. I truly hope he does leave now. As for following the absurd rules of his religion, I've met plenty of religious nuts in my life. I am so sorry the price was Jett's life. Such a beautiful boy. Makes me angry and breaks my heart. RIP Jett.

As for having 16 years to leave, yes, but he was clearly a staunch supporter and too, remember he has his wife who is a $ci nut -- not excusing him, just saying doing something your wife doesn't agree with is not easy. I know, I am a wife. Jett and Bella are not only his children. They have a mother, too.

In the article it stated: "Sources in the U.S. disclosed to me this week that his son's sudden death has 'deeply shaken' Travolta's faith in the strange sect, which makes wild claims about its ability to cure a variety of physical and mental disorders."

Yeah well, how about curing their own mental disorders, crackpots. If John does leave, there goes a lot of $$$$. Also, an aside: I loved it when that idiot Cruise made comments about Brooke Shield's post-partum depression.
    Last edited by Jansi; July 26th, 2009 at 11:12 PM.

I am sure this is true, and I wouldn't but physical threats beyond them. Maybe breaking some knees, cutting off fingers? And the $ci nuts all keep tabs on each other all the time. I hope JT finds the strength to leave. It will probably cost him his marriage. I will be most interested to see how Kelly behaves if he leaves CO$. As for homosexuality, as I said before, who gives a shit? My deceased BFF was gay, and I don't believe I will ever have a friend I will love as much as I loved him. I do not care one iota about someones sexual orientation.
    I think the only way John's being gay would be an issue is if he was screwing the male nanny while his son was dying. Otherwise, I don't think it would be a threat to his career. But I think the CO$ has more dirt on John. And I hate to say it, but it wouldn't shock me if the CO$ had something to do with Jett's 'accidental' death.

But if anybody doubts the power of the CO$, look at how they made the author of the Tom Cruise book water everything down. People figured he'd blow the lid off of Scientology and that didn't happen. If the CO$ can clamp down on someone like that who isn't part of the cult, imagine what they can do to somebody like Travolta.

If he has seen the light, bravo. That said KP strikes me as being 100% committed to the C0$. If that's the case and JT makes an effort to leave the cult, he'd be labelled an "SP" and he'd have an incredibly hard time getting to his daughter. No matter what mistakes he's made, her safety and his ability to stay in her life are probably paramount.

lol if you go to the stop scientology site you get a trojan horse virus. what a fucking joke of a cult. lets go after folks' computer if they visit this site! i'd be driving around late at night too if my child died. fuck em/
    another year i claim of total indifference.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information