Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: John Travolta's rift with Scientology; still grief-stricken over son's death

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    At this point, he shouldn't give a shit what CO$ has on him.

If it were me, I'd blow that shit up as much as I could.

What's the worse that could happen? He sounds like he doesn't want to live anymore (and I wouldn't) so what can those fuckers really do to him?

Even if they have something on him that could land him in jail, so be it.

If I thought I had killed my kid by my entanglement with those assholes, I'd be willing to spend the rest of my life in jail if it meant I exposed these sick fucks.

There would be no end to my rage. He's got nothing to lose at this point. Unleash it John, all of it, and point it right at CO$.
    I agree with this totally, but nancydrew has a point...

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    Maybe they're threatening his daughter. Maybe they showed him what they could do when they felt threatened already with Jett. *Puts on tinfoil hat*
    I still think he should get it ALL out there, as a protection against anything happening to his daughter as well as himself.

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    Maybe they're threatening his daughter. Maybe they showed him what they could do when they felt threatened already with Jett. *Puts on tinfoil hat*
    Wouldn't be shocked to find that out. Those people scare the hell outta me. *making my tinfoil hat*

Hit By Ban Bus!

*adjusting my ever-present tinfoil hat*

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    The CO$ probably can't stop a huge star from calling up Dateline or some such and saying he wants to talk to them about his "grief over his son". They would jump on that like white on rice. The CO$ DOES have the dirt, of that you can be sure. What I'm saying is, he should go public about his OWN dirt to preempt them.
    Even if John goes public first, the CO$ will still go public with their dirt. And don't forget, John will still catch hell for allowing the CO$ to deny the proper medical treatment for his son. So, either way, he comes out looking like an asshole. Plus, the CO$ may decide to threaten his family, and since he's already lost one kid he may not want to risk the other one.

And with so many power players in Hollywood connected to CO$, his career would effectively be over, especially if he spills the dirt on other people. So, by going public, John has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

^^Good call. I wouldn't put anything past the cult. I doubt John keeping silent has anything to do with concern for himself, but more for his family--i don't know if he has living parents or siblings? Co$ is known for being absolutely ruthless so threats on all his loved ones would be a good motivator to stay mum.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Even if John goes public first, the CO$ will still go public with their dirt. And don't forget, John will still catch hell for allowing the CO$ to deny the proper medical treatment for his son. So, either way, he comes out looking like an asshole. Plus, the CO$ may decide to threaten his family, and since he's already lost one kid he may not want to risk the other one.

And with so many power players in Hollywood connected to CO$, his career would effectively be over, especially if he spills the dirt on other people. So, by going public, John has everything to lose and nothing to gain.
    Yes, John will catch hell for allowing CO$ to dictate treatment for his son. BUT if he comes out and offers sincere mea culpa's for that nobody in the country would hate him for it. If, at the same time, he explains the Scilon's hold over him and how they operate, I really believe THAT would be the best protection against the sudden "suicide" of himself or any of his loved ones. Keeping quiet has never been a protection from harm with these people.

The truth shall set you free.

Covering up for CO$ is adding insult to his injury. Having them continue to control him must be an unending hell.

Can you imagine realizing that your actions, monitored and enforced by your "religion" caused the death of your child and you have to keep quiet or else?

Let me say a hearty "fuck that!"

So he loses his career. Maybe his wife. Maybe his friends. Maybe the public blames him (don't we already?). Nothing can be worse that what he's already done and endured.

Jett deserves for the truth to come out. That's how I'd feel as a parent. And I'd want to expose them (even if it means exposing what a first class idiot I was) so that some other kid doesn't end up like my son.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Yes, John will catch hell for allowing CO$ to dictate treatment for his son. BUT if he comes out and offers sincere mea culpa's for that nobody in the country would hate him for it. If, at the same time, he explains the Scilon's hold over him and how they operate, I really believe THAT would be the best protection against the sudden "suicide" of himself or any of his loved ones. Keeping quiet has never been a protection from harm with these people.
    How much of a mea culpa can you offer for allowing a cult to override the proper medical treatment for your mentally challenged child, who is now dead? As a parent you should put your child first, not a cult.

And the CO$ seems like they have the same philosophy as the mob. When you're in, you're in. If you try to leave, they make you pay for it.

The truth shall set you free.

Covering up for CO$ is adding insult to his injury. Having them continue to control him must be an unending hell.

Can you imagine realizing that your actions, monitored and enforced by your "religion" caused the death of your child and you have to keep quiet or else?

Let me say a hearty "fuck that!"

So he loses his career. Maybe his wife. Maybe his friends. Maybe the public blames him (don't we already?). Nothing can be worse that what he's already done and endured.

Jett deserves for the truth to come out. That's how I'd feel as a parent. And I'd want to expose them (even if it means exposing what a first class idiot I was) so that some other kid doesn't end up like my son.
    While it would be good for John to blow the lid on CO$, like I said before he has everything to lose and nothing to gain. Why do you think we haven't seen any high-profile members blow the whistle or jump ship? The CO$ has their hooks in too deep.

And while Jett deserves the truth to come out, what he really deserved was to have parents that loved him enough to put his needs first, not a cult. Had they done that, he might still be alive.

While it would be good for John to blow the lid on CO$, like I said before he has everything to lose and nothing to gain. Why do you think we haven't seen any high-profile memebers blow the whistle or jump ship? The CO$ has their hooks in too deep.

And while Jett deserves the truth to come out, what he really deserved was to have parents that loved him enough to put his needs first, not a cult. Had they done that, he might still be alive.
    I don't disagree with you King. Your arguments are practical.

I just don't think, for me, there would be any concern for practicality.

His guilt is eating him alive. What's to gain? Freedom.

Come clean, expose this sadistic cult and your part in your son's death. It won't change what happened to Jett, but it might stop it from happening to someone else. And then John's free. Free from keeping a secret that is festering and will kill him. Free to try and raise Bella away from those monsters. Free from the facade he has to put on to ... what? Keep in the public good graces? Keep CO$ happy? Keep his wife? None of that matters at all.

I'd want to be free of that. Let me spend the rest of my life mourning my son in freedom. Let me own what I did because only then can I maybe start to heal. There is no way I'd let this group dictate one more thing to me. Ever.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

There is no way the cult would allow him to take Bella.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Hit By Ban Bus!

Come clean, expose this sadistic cult and your part in your son's death. It won't change what happened to Jett, but it might stop it from happening to someone else. And then John's free. Free from keeping a secret that is festering and will kill him. Free to try and raise Bella away from those monsters. Free from the facade he has to put on to ... what? Keep in the public good graces? Keep CO$ happy? Keep his wife? None of that matters at all.

I'd want to be free of that. Let me spend the rest of my life mourning my son in freedom. Let me own what I did because only then can I maybe start to heal. There is no way I'd let this group dictate one more thing to me. Ever.

*Applause*

Travolta has already allowed the cult to have a hand in killing his son. He may feel that his only chance at redemption is to expose them for what they are and prevent further tragedies. If he has a shred of integrity left he'll throw "practicality" to the winds and do what is right.

I completely get what you're saying. And as a parent the guilt would eat up at you. If I had a kid and I know I denied them treatment the guilt would be too much to deal with. But imagine if you've already lost a child, and then to compound it you lose everything else in your life that matters. Losing everything isn't going to ease John's guilt over Jett. It's just going to deepen it.

No parent deserves to lose a child. But in John and Kelly's case the CO$ didn't deny Jett treatment. John & Kelly choosing to buy into CO$ bullshit was what led to Jett being denied treatment. CO$ may be an evil, bloodsucking cult, but John & Kelly chose to allow the CO$ to dictate their lives, and by extension their children's lives. Which is no different than some religious fundie parent denying their sick child medical treatment because they believe they can pray the disease away. While I feel bad for John & Kelly that they lost a child, the only real victim in this mess is Jett.

And here's something else to consider. Think of all of the conflicting accounts surrounding Jett's death and the issues with the autopsy and quick burial. Something's not right there, which may be another motivator for John not to say anything.

Gold Member

I feel for John, it's a blow when you figure out that people that you trust have been scamming you all along.

Who cares about your sexuality John, leave that fake religion, your fans will still love you.

I completely get what you're saying. And as a parent the guilt would eat up at you. If I had a kid and I know I denied them treatment the guilt would be too much to deal with. But imagine if you've already lost a child, and then to compound it you lose everything else in your life that matters. Losing everything isn't going to ease John's guilt over Jett. It's just going to deepen it.

No parent deserves to lose a child. But in John and Kelly's case the CO$ didn't deny Jett treatment. John & Kelly choosing to buy into CO$ bullshit was what led to Jett being denied treatment. CO$ may be an evil, bloodsucking cult, but John & Kelly chose to allow the CO$ to dictate their lives, and by extension their children's lives. Which is no different than some religious fundie parent denying their sick child medical treatment because they believe they can pray the disease away. While I feel bad for John & Kelly that they lost a child, the only real victim in this mess is Jett.

And here's something else to consider. Think of all of the conflicting accounts surrounding Jett's death and the issues with the autopsy and quick burial. Something's not right there, which may be another motivator for John not to say anything.
    I don't see it that way. I'd give up everything for my kid without a moment's regret. And I'd damned sure light my own house on fire with all my money and earthly possessions in it, if it meant destroying CO$'s hold over me. It'd be worth the freedom to me, and like Sasha said, integrity.

I agree on their culpability with Jett assuming what we all think is true. But I don't think that means he has to take it up the ass from CO$ the rest of his life. In fact, honesty about it and exposing CO$ is to me, his only chance at redemption.

More importantly, he has Bella. She would be my only reason to continue living. So, he has a choice to make. Does he stay put, live a lie (assuming he really has lost his faith), and raise Bella in CO$ knowing they don't give a shite about her or any child's life? Does he stay a prisoner trapped by lies and deception? That will likely destroy his relationship with Bella at some point. She'll read about her brother's death, she may have questions, and Daddy will have to shut her down or the CO$ will.

Or does he risk "everything" to be free and save Bella.

The choice is easy to me. Then again, Travolta doesn't have my brains.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Burn that house down John, do it for Bella.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information