Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: John Travolta's rift with Scientology; still grief-stricken over son's death

Or worse -I would hate to see John go through all of this just to end up committing "suicide".
    That's my concern too.

John should feel guilty for letting a cult dictate the treatment for his son. Hopefully, he'll blow the whistle on them, but I doubt the CO$ would let him get that far.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    John should feel guilty for letting a cult dictate the treatment for his son. Hopefully, he'll blow the whistle on them, but I doubt the CO$ would let him get that far.
    His best protection would be to go public in a big way. Get it out there before the CO$ has a chance to react, and then when they do they'll already be discredited.

Yea if he does it any other way, we'll be reading about his "suicide" (i.e. murdered at the hands of CO$)
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

He made decisions for his son based on the advice of questionable people and the son suffered. The only sympathy I feel is for Jett who died even though medications could have helped him, but his brainwashed parents wouldn't give him the help he needed.

Hit By Ban Bus!

edit: to MrsDark: ^^Yep. If he's thinking about splitting with the "church" simply grumbling and complaining and threatening about it to the people around him is the worst thing he could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    His best protection would be to go public in a big way. Get it out there before the CO$ has a chance to react, and then when they do they'll already be discredited.
    It'd be great if that happened, but I'm sure the cult has him under close watch. So it might be hard for him to go public in a big way. And the CO$ probably has enough dirt on him to drag him down with them if he goes public.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    It'd be great if that happened, but I'm sure the cult has him under close watch. So it might be hard for him to go public in a big way. And the CO$ probably has enough dirt on him to drag him down with them if he goes public.
    The CO$ probably can't stop a huge star from calling up Dateline or some such and saying he wants to talk to them about his "grief over his son". They would jump on that like white on rice. The CO$ DOES have the dirt, of that you can be sure. What I'm saying is, he should go public about his OWN dirt to preempt them.

His sexuality can't be whats keeping him from speaking out, it isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I wonder what could be so horrible that one would allow their child to go untreated and then die in order to keep it secret.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the CO$ was having him followed or having his phone bugged. They are well known for using these techniques when somebody wants to jump ship or talk to the media.

Elite Member

I hope for his daughter's sake he divorces his wife and leaves the cult.

I think he let his son go untreated because he believed or wanted to that it was the right thing/way. He's obviously been shown that it wasn't his son is dead,

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    For some reason this article makes me sad. Travolta has always struck me as a decent man, albeit one who got mixed up with a very scary cult. I hope he just says fuck it and walks away. I don't think anyone will care one iota about his homosexuality, particularly since it's not any big secret. How sad he's lived a lie for so long and how sad he is missing his son so much. I can't imagine the pain. His wife, on the other hand, comes across as an opportunistic harpy of a Co$ zealot.

On a side note: why remake Pelham 123?
    I agree. I feel so bad for him. He appears to need help & I hope he finds it. He certainly needs to get away from that crazy cult.

I usually believe nothing about scientologist members and their family ties because so much are just for publicity. Tom and Katie and their 'great love' for an example. However for some reason I truly believe Travolta's grief. He seems like a decent man who got caught up in an opportunistic group. I hope he just walks away. His daughter would be the only reason for him to stay. His wife comes across as very self centered and cold. I could see her and the cult using the kid to keep him. I truly feel sorry for him.

At this point, he shouldn't give a shit what CO$ has on him.

If it were me, I'd blow that shit up as much as I could.

What's the worse that could happen? He sounds like he doesn't want to live anymore (and I wouldn't) so what can those fuckers really do to him?

Even if they have something on him that could land him in jail, so be it.

If I thought I had killed my kid by my entanglement with those assholes, I'd be willing to spend the rest of my life in jail if it meant I exposed these sick fucks.

There would be no end to my rage. He's got nothing to lose at this point. Unleash it John, all of it, and point it right at CO$.

Maybe they're threatening his daughter. Maybe they showed him what they could do when they felt threatened already with Jett. *Puts on tinfoil hat*
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information