Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John Reunite in Christmas Album

Cheesy as it may be, I'm a sucker for Danny Zuko and Sandy, so I bought this at Target today after seeing this thread. It seems to be pretty popular, because I got the last copy they had.

It's so cheesy, there's no real cheese in it. Just Kraft cheese food and moldy Velveeta.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

How Danny and Sandy ruined Christmas

DateDecember 5, 2012
    Simone Mitchell

WriterDaily Life

Follow Simone on Twitter

After 30 years apart Danny and Sandy have reunited in a video so bad it may be best to look away and remember them the way they were.

• Grease lightning turns to cheese

John Travolta and Olivia Newtown-John were once the epitome of sex appeal, but 30 years later, their new Christmas song is all about line-dancing and cheesy lyrics.

They were once the epitome of greased, uber-cool.
      Which is what makes the demise so awkward.
      John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John were obviously thrilled to be back working together, 30 years after Grease, when they spoke to Fairfax Media this week about their new Christmas album titled, imaginatively, This Christmas.
      Reunited: Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta.

''It came together in this really pure way; it has pure intentions. We still have little kids coming up to us who are discovering the movies; it's like three generations who love the movie, who are going to be thrilled to see Danny and Sandy, as they think of us, together again,'' Newton-John said.

Well, maybe. Have you ever heard the phrase be careful what you wish for?
      Because one look at the melty faces and awkward country dancing contained in the film clip that debuted online this week might permanently spoil Grease for future generations.
      The track is by John Farrar, the writer behind their smash hit You're the One That I Want.
      The video, in which Travolta and Newton-John alternatively fly an aircraft and drive a car on a footpath at about 1km/h towards each other, also features lashings of slow-mo running, curious line dancing, old people cheering and teens looking extremely embarrassed about being part of the whole thing.
      It is so cheesy, forced and low-budget, the big question people have been asking on social media is 'Is it actually a parody?'
      The follow-up question is, 'Why?' What motivates two seemingly competent actors to debase themselves in this way?
      In the end, words really do this film clip no justice.
      If you want to remember Danny and Sandy they way they were, look away now. If you want the biggest belly laugh available this festive season then go ahead and bravely press play.
    Why indeed.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Cheesy as it may be, I'm a sucker for Danny Zuko and Sandy, so I bought this at Target today after seeing this thread. It seems to be pretty popular, because I got the last copy they had.
    SB (no disrespect intended - just teasing from the other thread) WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU SPEND YOUR LIMITED FUNDS ON THIS? Your new husband approved this expense? He must really want you to be happy. Haha
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Ignore sluce SB. Spend those doctor dollahs. This would be a scream at a drunken Xmas fest.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    if i were mr.sb, i definitely wouldn't have given you permission to buy this!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Who needs his permission? He's busy seeing patients! Ignore, ignore, SB!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

ONJ looks great, but I wish Travolta just go away and retire, gracefully.

I actually asked for the CD as an early Christmas present! And, even though I like John Travolta and ONJ, I have to admit it's hilarious... that video doesn't even do it justice. In most of the songs, they have dialogue between them interjected. For example, during the song "Baby It's Cold Outside," John says, "Liv, Uhhh, I REALLY gotta go...." in an "Oops I crapped my pants" voice. I was just waiting for him to add "...to the bathroom!" I honestly have to wonder if this whole thing was a huge joke to them.

Hahahahaha! Hope you get some better gifts too!
    southernbelle likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information