Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: John Mayer 'wants summer fling' with Jennifer Aniston

People have been hating on Aniston since before her hubby ran off with Angelina Jolie on account of her TV show (not everyone thought "Friends" was the shit) and that hairstyle that every other girl in America got her hair cut into some variation of back in the 90's.

To me, she's just another boring celeb with more fame and money than looks (not that I think she's ugly, just nothing special) or talent who lucked out in her career and love life and thus happened to become a household name. Having an already famous dad was probably a boost as well as being married to a film star.

I think she's been very fortunate in her life, regardless of allegedly losing Vanillaboy to a maneater. But she's annoying in every interview...unless questions are happy fake shit that she can give happy fake shit answers to, her fans alternately pitying and defending her like they know her personally is annoying (and unbeknownst to them probably more insulting to her). Heck, even half the characters she's played in films were annoying.

In conclusion, her whole "put-upon", I can't win in love, I'm a nice girl who wants what everyone else does" (but don't go about doing in/with my life what I claim I want to in interviews) image is annoying.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^Really? The whole 'put upon can't win love' image is put on HER. By OTHERS. We must be viewing a different person, I guess. The Jen I've seen is cute and lovely. In interviews, she's bright and charming. I think she's funny. She's an EXCELLENT comedic actress, and she has been very good in the other films I've seen. (Angelina is a terrible, terrible actress, and the Oscar proves nothing....it hasn't proved a damn thing in years.)

So she's been lucky, so what? I have never, ever heard people hating on her until St. Vagina came along with her fake "Save the World" act. Nobody really started being nasty until after the whole Brad thing--and then we blamed it on JA....and she hardly ever, ever talked about it. She's private, she does her thing, and she's the one who's attacked all the time. That's f*cked up. You don't have to like her, but most of the things people seem to hate about her has nothing to do with her at all, but a need to validate (as was earlier said) St. V and Vanilla Eunuch.

Anyway, this debate is old. And stupid. It's just completely, completely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    ^Really? The whole 'put upon can't win love' image is put on HER. By OTHERS. We must be viewing a different person, I guess. The Jen I've seen is cute and lovely. In interviews, she's bright and charming. I think she's funny. She's an EXCELLENT comedic actress, and she has been very good in the other films I've seen. (Angelina is a terrible, terrible actress, and the Oscar proves nothing....it hasn't proved a damn thing in years.)

So she's been lucky, so what? I have never, ever heard people hating on her until St. Vagina came along with her fake "Save the World" act. Nobody really started being nasty until after the whole Brad thing--and then we blamed it on HER....and she hardly ever, ever talked about it. She's private, she does her thing, and she's the one who's attacked all the time. That's f*cked up. You don't have to like her, but most of the things people seem to hate about her has nothing to do with her at all, but a need to validate (as was earlier said) St. V and Vanilla Eunuch.

Anyway, this debate is old. And stupid. It's just completely, completely stupid.
    ITA about what you said about JA. I never ever followed any of them until 2005. never saw their movies, never followed the tabs, never watched friends. What I did see in her (can only go by interviews, and photos of course) is a private person whose marriage didn't work out and she was trying to work through that the best she could under the circumstances of being in the public eye all the time. I think this whole thing would have blown over if it had been handled a bit more compassionately by Brad ( I am not even blaming AJ for that part of it). I think he is insincere and not caring about anyone except wanting to be a dad. I think Jen got the short end of the stick I really do but it is also 3 yrs down the pike and the story is older than dirt at this point. I think all three are attempting to live their lives the way they are choosing to and the public has just not let go. I was a fence sitter for awhile as I like certain things about all three people but I am again leaning more and more towards Jennifer. I don't like b and a as a couple but that is just my opinion as everyone else has theirs. I think they are good parents but do not fit together as a couple. again jmo.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

The whole "put upon" image is her bread and butter, hon. True or not, she's gotten almost as much mileage out of it as that mediocre TV show that people were apeshit over.

On one hand, I can't blame her for cashing in on it. But don't go round giving interviews about how you want kids, marriage and are just an ordinary, down-to-earth person and then live your live the complete opposite of that and let your fans whine and go to war on message boards about how misunderstood you are, or that it's (Jen-hate) all about some other broad who's famouser than you who's living the life you claimed to want with your ex.

Believe it or not, some people were actually not Jen fans and found her and her TV show tiresome when Angelina was still a short-haired chick making movies like Hackers and Foxfire and married to Johnny Lee Miller and about as far away from having anything to do with Aniston and Vanillaboy as ever.

The one talent that came out of that show: Lisa Kudrow.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

The tabloids keep it going because they never got their face to face showdown. They are still hoping for it.

Brad needs blood transfusion! Jennifer is the same blood type! Angie flies into rage!

Vanilla eunuch !

I always get a kick when I see the Friends episode with Brad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    The tabloids keep it going because they never got their face to face showdown. They are still hoping for it.

Brad needs blood transfusion! Jennifer is the same blood type! Angie flies into rage!

Vanilla eunuch !
    that is exactly the problem imo. the tab won't let go because it is their bread and butter. the public gets excited b/c the tabs wrote some story or another about one or all of them and then the cycle begins again.

Thank g-d for Reese and Jake. some new tabloid blood for awhile. LOL
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Glad to see the Team Aniston/Team Jolie thing is still alive and well.

Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Chin :p
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Anyone else notice when these threads came back?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post

Viggo and I have been friends for a longggggg time and we are on opposing teams. Her shirt is bigger than mine because of Jennifers chin. (wait til she gets off work LOL) It's all fun, not like either of them pay the mortgage on my house.

I just read "Jennifers fling sends Jessica into drinking binge" Oh my gosh that is funny. One minute Jennifer is Johns fling, now he's her fling - tabs should get together and get their lies straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Anyone else notice when these threads came back?
    Yessum.

Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ not me but I'm always the last one to get these conspiracy things.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    ^^ not me but I'm always the last one to get these conspiracy things.
    you are not alone hon. I don't know what that means either.

I just know that I jump on a thread and have fun. These three don't affect my life in any way,shape, or form except for entertainment purposes.

maybe grim has the right idea. LOL
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post

unfortunately it will probably not go away until the media and public get the memo that it is over and they have all moved on.
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information