Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: John Mayer loves Xanax

Xanax brought me to my knees. Crying and shaking , hysterical and pacing in a hospital emergency ward. I hadnt had any for a day and I was out of my mind. I was admitted into the hospital in a psychotic state. I was taking up to 4 milligram a day to cope with grief and ended up nearly killing myself. Ala Heath Ledger style. It is an insidious drug that should be monitored very very closely. Its not for kicks. It can be good for the first few days, but then addicition and then daily withdrawal sets in. Because it is so short lasting you need to keep taking it. Then it becomes a viscious cycle. I finally got off it after many, many months of gradual tapering with valium. John Mayer should be warned. Be careful. Be very very careful.
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    ^
    Oh definitely. I think when you mix one substance with another you're going to end up with a worse reaction. I remember when I was 16 and my friends and I weren't really educated on marijuina, we would just smoke cone after cone until the bag was gone. Anyway, when we mixed that with alcohol on the weekends it was disaster. I remember one of my girlfriends was also taking an antidepressant and with the mix of alcohol and marijuina it was too much for her body and she ended up collapsing and her eyes rolling back in her head, she started having trouble breathing and I started positioning the head in case she would fit - thankfully she didn't. /rant over
    It is a wonder many of us survived our crazy-ass teen years. When I get *fed up* with today's 'youth'..all I have to do is try and remember my own..then they do not seem that bad at all! *bless their young heathen hearts! *
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    I WANT SOME!

Respiratory failure? Is it that serious?
    Respiratory failure is only serious if you would like to continue breathing.

Zanax has helped me with my anxiety. I only take it when I need it, which isn't very often. I can see how it could be very addicting.

When my cousin passed away, I was totally unable to sleep and having nasty anxiety attacks. My doc prescribed Ativan, which did nothing, and then Xanax. 1 mg knocked me out cold for 12 hours. I spent those days feeling like I was in a cloud. I didn't care for the feeling, but I was smart enough to flush it as soon as I could sleep. This was about 5 months ago, and I still crave it when I can't go to sleep. I only used it for about a week. Xanax is scary addictive and I just don't need all that.

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    Xanax brought me to my knees. Crying and shaking , hysterical and pacing in a hospital emergency ward. I hadnt had any for a day and I was out of my mind. I was admitted into the hospital in a psychotic state. I was taking up to 4 milligram a day to cope with grief and ended up nearly killing myself. Ala Heath Ledger style. It is an insidious drug that should be monitored very very closely. Its not for kicks. It can be good for the first few days, but then addicition and then daily withdrawal sets in. Because it is so short lasting you need to keep taking it. Then it becomes a viscious cycle. I finally got off it after many, many months of gradual tapering with valium. John Mayer should be warned. Be careful. Be very very careful.
    I've heard that it's a very bad drug to get off of. Sorry for your trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    that's horrible cheray, i'm glad you've got off it.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

who doesn't love the XAN?? I've never been addicted. It has done good things for me. never felt the need to over use it.

What the fuck do you mean, "it's hard"??? You sell it you creepy little insect.

ETA. Post was in response to now deleted post.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; February 25th, 2011 at 10:12 AM.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

I found Xanax & Antivan next to useless, like a placebo. Valium works just fine, & good marijuana is like a miracle.

Xanax is a fucking miracle drug for anxiety, as long as you don't get hooked on it. But this explains John's bullshit mellow music style, doesn't it? He just always pops a pill before writing!
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

he better watch it, i heard its a bitch to get off

i've only taken a few for airline travel cuz of my phobia and that SHIT DIDN'T WORK! it didn't do shit for me

I took only a half on my wedding day and I was a total zombie. Which actually worked out pretty well.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Gold Member

Hell, I've been on xanax for years and years. 1mg four times a day as needed for anxiety. All it's ever done is help take the edge off of my anxiety. I've never gotten all mellow and dumbed down on it and there are many days I only need to take one mid-day and then one at night.

About four years ago, I had this great idea. I decided I was going to go off of it cold turkey. Yeah, that worked real well. Ended up coming to in the hospital from seizures. Damn near killed myself.

I hate being dependent on it but believe me, I hate the anxiety more.

Ok, seriously, I take Xanax 'as needed'....which means 2-3 times a week at nightime. I almost never take it during the day....should I be worried about this?? I have never had an issue NOT taking it, but jeepers I'm freaking out. I THINK I NEED A XANAX! No, I'm asking as serious question though...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information