Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: John Edwards: I ain't yo' baby's daddy!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    NBC News:

Hunter will not participate in a paternity test!
    The plot thickens - seriously, somebody call Maury, he'll talk her into it. Although, I guess from her perspective, if she knows who the daddy is - whether it's Edwards or someone else, it's pretty insulting to her to make her prove who it is. The public doesn't really have a right to know whose swimmers made it up there. I wouldn't be a bit surprised though if someone *strongly suggested* to her that she decline a test.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrybaby View Post
    The plot thickens - seriously, somebody call Maury, he'll talk her into it. Although, I guess from her perspective, if she knows who the daddy is - whether it's Edwards or someone else, it's pretty insulting to her to make her prove who it is. The public doesn't really have a right to know whose swimmers made it up there. I wouldn't be a bit surprised though if someone *strongly suggested* to her that she decline a test.
    Maybe the guy claiming to be the daddy, nor Edwards fathered this child?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

This poor little girl. It will follow her for her entire life with friends teasing her about who her father is.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Don't hate me because I have a penis.

Anybody seen this one: What Rielle Hunter Told Me | Newsweek Politics | Newsweek.com
    Last edited by Tati; August 11th, 2008 at 08:10 AM.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Maybe the guy claiming to be the daddy, nor Edwards fathered this child?
    True, but even then, it's not really something the public needs to know. It's not like the kid's paternity is a matter of national security. She may have been fathered by a former presidential candidate who now put any future political career in the crapper. Politically and what's relevant to the public are issues like him lying to the press, possibly paying her off with campaign funds, continuing to use the time and money of volunteers on a campaign he should have known was doomed or would be once the news of the affair got out, etc.

Couldn't stand this tool from day one. He was such CHEESE it was unbelievable.

Always thought he was a John Ritter look alike...so my kids and I had a little giggle singing the "Three's Company" theme song while paging through every news channel with his dopey mug plastered all over.

John Edwards is a total assclown.
    Drive-by poster

I admired that he was able to pull himself up by the bootstraps and overcome a history of poverty and hardships...but all of that is history now. I have lost all respect for him. I want back the money I gave to his campaign.

Maybe we should quit expecting pefection in candidate and presidents. They all have human flaws. Maybe we are too puritanical still.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Is anyone else suspect about the "my wife was aware of the affair" thing?

I just didn't believe that at all.
    Drive-by poster

I don't believe it either

Edwards ex-mistress rules out paternity test
    By HOPE YEN, Associated Press WriterSat Aug 9, 8:40 PM ET

The ex-mistress of former presidential candidate John Edwards said Saturday she will not participate in DNA testing to establish the paternity of her daughter.
    Rielle Hunter's lawyer, Robert Gordon, says his client is a private individual who is not running for public office and that she wishes to maintain the privacy of her and her daughter.
    "Rielle is therefore making no statement now or in the future," Gordon said in a statement. "Furthermore, Rielle will not participate in DNA testing or any other invasion of her or her daughter's privacy now or in the future."
    On Friday, Edwards admitted to having an extramarital affair with Hunter in 2006 but denied that he was the father of Hunter's 5-month-old daughter. Edwards offered to take a paternity test to prove he is not the father.
    Hunter's decision means that the issue of who the father is remains an open question.
    Hunter's daughter, Frances Quinn Hunter, was born on Feb. 27 this year, and no father's name is given on the birth certificate filed in California.
    A former Edwards campaign staff member professes to be the father.
    Edwards, a former North Carolina senator who was the Democratic vice presidential nominee in 2004, confessed to ABC News that he had lied repeatedly about the affair with Hunter, then 42, who produced videos for Edwards as he prepared to launch his presidential campaign.
    In an interview which aired on ABC's "Nightline" on Friday night, Edwards said he would be willing to take a paternity test to put the issue to rest but wasn't sure whether Hunter would be willing to.
    "I am and have been willing to take any test necessary to establish the fact that I am not the father of any baby, and I am truly hopeful that a test will be done so this fact can be definitively established," Edwards said.
    The National Enquirer first reported on the affair in October 2007, in the run-up to the Democratic primaries, and Edwards denied it.
    Last month, the Enquirer carried another story — the blaring headline referred to an Edwards "love child" — stating that its reporters had accosted Edwards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles where he had met with Hunter after her child's birth. Edwards called it "tabloid trash."
    In her statement Friday, Elizabeth Edwards said it wasn't easy to find out about the extramarital affair in 2006 but indicated she did not believe that her husband was the father of Hunter's daughter.
    "This was our private matter, and I frankly wanted it to be private because as painful as it was I did not want to have to play it out on a public stage as well," she said. "Because of a recent string of hurtful and absurd lies in a tabloid publication, because of a picture falsely suggesting that John was spending time with a child it wrongly alleged he had fathered outside our marriage, our private matter could no longer be wholly private."
    Edwards declared his presidential candidacy in December 2006. His wife campaigned enthusiastically with him and by herself in the months that followed. She announced in March 2007 that her cancer, formerly in remission, had returned and there apparently was no cure.
    Edwards dropped out midway through this year's primaries. He recently endorsed Barack Obama and had been mentioned as a possible running mate. But as rumors spread of Edwards' possible affair it became clear that he would not likely speak at the Democratic National Convention later this month in Denver.
    The fact that the baby-momma won't do a paternity test drives home the point that this is probably Edwards' kid. Not to mention, the guy claiming to be the father used to work for Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    I don't believe it either
    Nor do I.

That newsweek article is full of some great stuff. Geez. I wonder where she got the idea for her TV show???

And yes, McJag, anyone who expects perfection or some bullshit idolitry buildup of ANY candidate is going to be way disappointed. What makes Edwards especially sick, other than the cheating on a terminally ill wife, is that he chastized Clinton for his Lewinsky affair. Honestly, I would have thought the Breck girl would have gone for Doogie Howser, not Camilla Parker Bowles.

I think all politicians have a God complex.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

The fact that the baby-momma won't do a paternity test drives home the point that this is probably Edwards' kid. Not to mention, the guy claiming to be the father used to work for Edwards.
    Good. Let it stay that way as long as Elizabeth is alive.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Good. Let it stay that way as long as Elizabeth is alive.
    Elizabeth's not an idiot. Something tells me she either knows, or suspects, that he's the father.

Elizabeth's not an idiot. Something tells me she either knows, or suspects, that he's the father.
    Right. But she has enough to deal with. This can stay put a while. One thing,after I read that Newsweek article -this woman was a predator & pretty much had her mind made up. I have seen that personally. A married man doesn't stand a chance. Thick flattery & too dumb to know.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information