Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: John Edwards: I ain't yo' baby's daddy!

Always thought he was a phoney, with his expensive haircuts et al. Reminded me of the character in "The Candidate".

That story about his mistress, appeared several months ago in the Enquirer and I do remember a BI which fit him, so this is no surprise.

His career is finished the selfish bastard.

My heart goes out to his wife.

^^ I feel for his wife too. But she is standing by her man.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Thanks to Pretty Girl, Sasha & McJag for your kind words. I hope no one has to find out what it's like to be the terminally ill patient or the caretaking spouse/family member.

The John Edwards' situation is a tragedy all the way around. I think Elizabeth is taking the path of least resistance. Publicly she is standing by her man because it's probably the easiest thing to do. All the attention is on her and she probably wants it all to just go away quickly. With an illness like hers, she doesn't need the stress of all the attention. If she just goes along with things, maybe the spotlight will move away from her. She needs her strength just to live.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I'm watching Keith Olberman right now, and they were talking about when he went to the hotel that night it was filled with camera crews and news shows because of the tv critics awards or some crap. So, why be dumb enough to go to a hotel when there's media all over the place?

Plus, there's no name on the birth certificate, and his former campaign manager said that they paid off the woman and the guy who is claiming to be the father.

And Elizabeth came out and said that he did tell her back in 2006 about the affair, and that they both still decided to run the campaign. And she said that in a way her breast cancer forced them to have to work through the affair. But even with all of this I can't hate John Edwards. What he did was wrong, but at least he didn't flaunt his affair like Rudy Guliani did when his wife was battling cancer.

you man you!

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    ^ Now don't twist things around and say I'm saying it's 'okay' to cheat on a dying spouse. What I am saying is that I empathize with both situations. It is not easy having cancer, but the spouse often times suffers along with you...and a lot more.

My dad also had an uncle and his wife eventually left him when he got terminally ill. He didn't have cancer, he got multiple sclerosis. He had a long, painful slow death. Put it this way, he was difficult even before he was diagnosed with his illness and it sure didn't get better afterwards. He fell into a big depression and constantly talked about dying. According to his kids (my dad's cousins), he would sleep with guns, saying that he didn't want to live anymore and one day he was just going to blow his brains out. It became a living hell for his wife and the kids. His mood swings were crazy and his illness ran the household. Everyone had to walk on eggshells around him, because if any noise woke him up, he'd fly into a rage because the physical pain he was under. I really doubt he was loving and respectful to his wife. He was very angry, in a lot of pain and went through a lot of emotional turmoil facing death. Their lives became engrossed with clergy, doctors, medicine and trying to keep him comfortable. In the end, his wife supposedly met another man and that was the catalyst that ended their marriage.

Anyway, when my uncle's wife left him a lot of people in the family talked shit about her, but I always felt bad for her. Actually, I felt bad for BOTH of them. It must not have been an easy situation for either one of them. She put 30 some years with my uncle (well, again, actually my dad's uncle) and I think she loved him, but didn't have any more energy to invest or watch him die. In the end, she met a man who treated her better and decided to leave him. Some people might call her a scumbag for that. I could see how some would. Anyway, sick or not, she decided she didn't want to be with her husband anymore. She tolerated a lot, but at the end, I think it was the illness that ended their marriage. It must've been too much for her to handle.

My dad's uncle died divorced and in a convalescent home surrounded by his kids.
    not twisting, just asking a question ...
    Last edited by Tati; August 11th, 2008 at 08:09 AM.

It is not merely coincidence that "Thou shalt not commit adultery" is right next to "Thou shalt not murder" in The Big 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    you man you!
    Don't hate me because I have a penis.

Quote Originally Posted by firecrotch View Post
    It is not merely coincidence that "Thou shalt not commit adultery" is right next to "Thou shalt not murder" in The Big 10.
    True,but he without sin, cast the first stone!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I'm just pissed off because he could have single-handedly taken down the Democratic party with this AND HE KNEW ALL ALONG. Thats my main issue with it. Fine, have a flippin' affair. Be that as it may, he shouldn't have run for President of the United States, in this critical time for our nation, when he KNEW he had an explosive secret that could bring him down. Because if he made it, it wouldn't just bring him down. It would bring down all the people who need help, who voted for him and believed in his charade.

Imagine if Edwards was our presumptive nominee right now. Dear god. It'd be over. McCain would begin planning his inauguration tomorrow and send Cindy out to shop for drapes in the West Wing.

Edwards is a selfish asshole for that alone. His whole interview tonight made it sound like he's a changed man since this affair.

But really folks, he decided to run for the highest office in the world MAYBE a year ago. With the full knowledge that he had a whopper of a skeleton in his closet.

I'm just ticked off.

I can't wait to hear what (M)Ann Coulter has to say about all of this.

I hope this hasn't already been posted,but look at this from AP-in his own words:

In 1999, when Edwards was a senator, he said of President Clinton and his affair with Monica Lewinsky: "I think this president has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen."
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I said it once in the politics forum, but what the heck... How long before the sex tape?

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I hope this hasn't already been posted,but look at this from AP-in his own words:

In 1999, when Edwards was a senator, he said of President Clinton and his affair with Monica Lewinsky: "I think this president has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen."
    I despise hypocrites...unfortunately, most politicians are the worst offenders.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

One of the weely rags (Globe I think) in the grocery store had a headline about Obama's lovechild. Please don't let there be any truth to that one!! We can't afford to lose Obama now.

Gold Member

I came across the probably relevant blind item. It was from Page Six:
    Which presidential candidate makes trips to NYC to see his mistress?
    (paraphrasing) but it was during the campaign and seems to imply that the relationship would have been going on longer than Edwards admitted. And any continued contact with Ms. Hunter makes it seem like a call to the Maury show is in order.

NBC News:

Hunter will not participate in a paternity test!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information