Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: John Edwards: I ain't yo' baby's daddy!

What a horrible thing for his wife to have to go through, at any time, but especially with terminal cancer.

Low life douche.

On a side note - can you imagine if he had gotten the nomination? He would have handed the election to McCain on a silver platter.

What a selfish man. Both to cheat on his wife (cancer stricken wife no less) and to run for president knowing....KNOWING that this would have to come out.

****I'm editing this to add something. In reading back over my post I realized I should make clear that I do understand that what his wife is going through is worse than losing an election. This man's arrogance just ticks me off and I guess my thoughts aren't clear on this yet.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    The National Enquirer's credibility has skyrocketed in the last 12 months.
    That to me is the real story behind this mess ... I can't say I'm shocked that another politician cheated on his wife then lied about it ... but I can't believe I'm actually starting to look at the National Enquirer as a legitimate news source.

They smoked out Clinton (ha, see what I did there?) and they exposed Edwards, gotta give them credit.

If they are saying he is the father, I won't bet against it no matter what that douchebag claims.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ omg you're so right Tyke; 100% selfish, thats why im sooooooooooooo grateful obama is our candidate and not this piece of shit. he obviously has no integrity and thats what you want most in your president.

and i think the natl. enquierer gets it right cuz they dont get paid off by no one! that editor of theirs is a cool guy, mike watever his name is.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    I can't believe I'm actually starting to look at the National Enquirer as a legitimate news source.
    The Enquirer has been delivering the goods for a while. For all the trash they take for being a tabloid, they're usually right on the money with their stories. If they say Edwards is the daddy, I'm going to believe them until a paternity test proves otherwise.

Glad that Edwards didn't get the Dem presidential nom with all this mess, or that Obama chose him as the VP candidate.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

DC gossip appears in the Enquirer way before the main stream press gets a clue.

I love that the mistress got paid more than $100k to produce 4 videos that were only shown on You Tube for his campaign. The funds were paid to a new corporation she set up in 2006. Gee isn't that the same year she slept with Edwards?? Then there is the other guy who claims he is the father - also a Edwards campaigner. Oh what a tangled web....

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ yeah paid with his supporters' money.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I won't condone Edward's attitude, but...keep in mind that his wife is sick, so sex, which is a human weakness, is not available to him. Not only that, it's pretty well known that men or women who are dealing with such a situation (terminal illness of a spouse) often seek sexual "relief" with other people, not as a sign of betrayal but of pure physiological need.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
    I won't condone Edward's attitude, but...keep in mind that his wife is sick, so sex, which is a human weakness, is not available to him. Not only that, it's pretty well known that men or women who are dealing with such a situation (terminal illness of a spouse) often seek sexual "relief" with other people, not as a sign of betrayal but of pure physiological need.
    Physiological need? I haven't noticed his right hand in a cast so he could have 'relieved' his need himself.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I think the only reason he admitted it was that one reporter tracking him down in the middle of the night. He has enough money that unless his mistress is just pissed(which it doesn't sound like) we ain't ever gonna know.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I love that the mistress got paid more than $100k to produce 4 videos that were only shown on You Tube for his campaign. The funds were paid to a new corporation she set up in 2006. Gee isn't that the same year she slept with Edwards??
    Yep. This woman is basically a prostitute.

I don't believe him when he says he didn't father that child. Why is he still visiting the mistress and the child if what he stated about the affair ending before that child was conceived is true?

Elite Member

Lot's of Cancer patients lose their sex drive. I've known a few women who told me that after chemotherapy, all the medication, the nausea and the constant worrying, the LAST thing on their mind is puttting on sexy nightie and doing the nasty. It is a constant mental and spiritual battle to stay alive. Not only that, a lot of cancer patients get put on anti-depressants to keep their mood up and help them sleep...but it also totally kills their libido. They feel nothing from the waist down even if do do it.

I have an aunt who's husband died of lung cancer. She stood by him till the end, but she admitted that it was very, very difficult. He was constantly sick, nauseated, irritable and depressed. She said at the end he'd get hot flashes to the point where he'd sleep on the couch where it was cooler and not in bed with her. Everything bugged him, the blankets the sheets, even being touched. She loved him but said she had been lonely for years. He battled cancer for 4 yrs. After her experience and seeing how she too suffered along with her husband, I have a greater appreciation for spouses of terminally ill people. Not everyone can handle it. Not everyone can stick by and see their spouse slowly die with this big, jolly positive face.

My guess is that John Edwards' sex life with his wife died years ago. It IS a sad thing indeed that he fell into an affair, but the reality is that it's not easy caring for an ill and dying spouse. He probably hasn't had any sex (or satisfying sex with Elizabeth) for a long, long time.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Lot's of Cancer patients lose their sex drive. I've known a few women who told me that after chemotherapy, all the medication, the nausea and the constant worrying, the LAST thing on their mind is puttting on sexy nightie and doing the nasty. It is a constant mental and spiritual battle to stay alive. Not only that, a lot of cancer patients get put on anti-depressants to keep their mood up and help them sleep...but it also totally kills their libido. They feel nothing from the waist down even if do do it.

I have an aunt who's husband died of lung cancer. She stood by him till the end, but she admitted that it was very, very difficult. He was constantly sick, nauseated, irritable and depressed. She said at the end he'd get hot flashes to the point where he'd sleep on the couch where it was cooler and not in bed with her. Everything bugged him, the blankets the sheets, even being touched. She loved him but said she had been lonely for years. He battled cancer for 4 yrs. After her experience and seeing how she too suffered along with her husband, I have a greater appreciation for spouses of terminally ill people. Not everyone can handle it. Not everyone can stick by and see their spouse slowly die with this big, jolly positive face.

My guess is that John Edwards' sex life with his wife died years ago. It IS a sad thing indeed that he fell into an affair, but the reality is that it's not easy caring for an ill and dying spouse. He probably hasn't had any sex (or satisfying sex with Elizabeth) for a long, long time.

I kinda agree with you. I think it would had been far worse if he had just sacked her for another woman, in terms of love. Sex is just physical

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Exactly. But my thing is this, if you admit that you lied over and over again about the affair, what makes you think anybody's going to believe you when you say the kid's not your's?
    If the kid isn't his, why was he visiting it in the middle of the night in a hotel room? This is going to push Elizabeth into her grave quicker, what a piece of shit he is.

I really hate this became public,for Elizabeth's sake. As if she doesn't have enough to deal with. And her oldest daughter-how totally awful for her.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information