Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: Joe Manganiello and Sofia Vergara Are Dating

czb

^^^ huh? he'll have to hire a surrogate even if he gets to keep the fertilized eggs. don't think this dude can carry a baby on his own.
    witchcurlgirl and Taedium like this.

fgg

he wants these embryos so he can turn the screws and get child support!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

He doesn't need child support, his family can buy and sell Vergara. So it's worse than gold digging. He's just a vindictive douchebag, plain and simple.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Loeb, who intends to raise the children himself without any parental or financial help from Vergara, wrote in a New York Times op-ed, “When I was in my 20s, I had a girlfriend who had an abortion, and the decision was entirely out of my hands. Ever since, I have dreamed about a boy at the age he would be now.” Another ex-girlfriend terminated a pregnancy when Loeb was 19.
    I'm not sure I understand Vergara's lawyers' strategy here. Is it the idea that he made up the story about having gf's who terminated their pregnancies?

Also, what is the current precedent for fertilized embryos? If one parent wants them destroyed, whether it is the man or the woman, the embryos get destroyed?

And if he is forced to give up their names, what if they refuse to confirm or deny it? Isn't there some sort of Hipaa law here?
    Bombshell likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm not sure I understand Vergara's lawyers' strategy here. Is it the idea that he made up the story about having gf's who terminated their pregnancies?

Also, what is the current precedent for fertilized embryos? If one parent wants them destroyed, whether it is the man or the woman, the embryos get destroyed?
    i think there's very little precedent, and most of it is recent

Who Owns Pre-Embryos? - The New Yorker

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

when we were going through IVF (this was 9 years ago), you needed both parents' signatures to destroy the eggs or to donate them (to other people or to science).

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    They don't deserve it, you're rightt. At the same time, it's a fucking brilliant move by her lawyers. And she could also be playing chicken with him and hoping he'll be pressured into backing off. If he wins this case it sets a fucking horrible precedent for women.
    I agree. In life you can't always do the "good" or the "right" thing. If he's going to be spiteful and pull dick moves then there's no reason why she shouldn't do the same. Tit for tat. And, actually, if I was in her position I'd pull the same move.

Quote Originally Posted by Taedium View Post
    I agree. In life you can't always do the "good" or the "right" thing. If he's going to be spiteful and pull dick moves then there's no reason why she shouldn't do the same. Tit for tat. And, actually, if I was in her position I'd pull the same move.
    Yeah, but you are pulling a move that creates additional victims. (Assuming they exist in the first place.)
    czb likes this.

Gold Member

Yeah, but you are pulling a move that creates additional victims. (Assuming they exist in the first place.)
    Too bad, too sad -- collateral damage. Sofia isn't creating additional victims; that would be him. She is giving him options. Agree to dispose of the embryos or continue being petty and bring his exes into the mess. Ball is in his court.

Quote Originally Posted by Taedium View Post
    Too bad, too sad -- collateral damage. Sofia isn't creating additional victims; that would be him. She is giving him options. Agree to dispose of the embryos or continue being petty and bring his exes into the mess. Ball is in his court.
    Let's say that Vergara's lawyers track down these exes and in open court the exes say, "Yes, I had an abortion." Where do Vergara's lawyers go from there?

She's proving his sanctity of life arguments are bullshit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Let's say that Vergara's lawyers track down these exes and in open court the exes say, "Yes, I had an abortion." Where do Vergara's lawyers go from there?
    that if those women were entitled to do what they want with those embryos, Vergara should be allowed to do the same? Also because I'm willing to bet he also harassed and acted like a prick to those women, so those women would probably tell the court what a nightmare psycho stalker controlling ex boyfriend he was. If he doesn't name them he controls the narrative about them. Give them a name and they get to tell their side of things too
    HWBL and Seapharris7 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    She's proving his sanctity of life arguments are bullshit.
    His arguments are already pretty suspect. For example, he was raised Episcopalian but at some point adopted the Catholic faith (is Vergara Catholic). He has argued that destroying the embryos goes against his Catholic faith, but creating IVF embryos in the first place goes against Catholic doctrine.

Additionally, apparently they had an agreement during their relationship to not bring the embryos to full term without consent of both people. He is arguing that the agrement is voided because they broke up. What is ridiculous is the idea that if two people break up that both people would, in any way, think that NOW is the magical time to implant the embryos from a broken relationship into a surrogate and bring them to full term.

But once again, it sounds like Vergara's lawyers are banking on Vergara's exes saying that he paid them to have abortions. Since he comes from a wealthy family that does seem like a pretty possible scenario. But if that turns out to not be the case, where do they go from there after forcing two women to testify about their abortions?
    HWBL and Seapharris7 like this.

With our IVF clinic, they had you sign an agreement of what would happen to the embryos in case of divorce or separation (destruction/donation... I think we could even designate if one of us gets to keep them). But I guess there's little precedent, and even with a signed agreement, you can still sue.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information