Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: Joe Manganiello and Sofia Vergara Are Dating

he sounds like a dick.
    even if he can prevent her from destroying the embryos, that wouldn't give him a right to have them implanted in a surrogate, would it? because since they're also hers, i'm assuming consent of both parties would be necessary for that.
    if he can't legally have them thawed and implanted, i would let him keep them and make him pay for the storage. and if he wants to keep them frozen forever, let him.
    Flygirl likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

isn't this guy loaded? i doubt that the 500/year cryo fee would bother him.

but if this story is true, i'm surprised that they (the RE) allowed a scene like this to take place. our RE sat down with us while we discussed the form. and then we signed it. no dramaz ....

fgg

Inside Nick Loeb’s ‘emotional extortion’ of Sofía Vergara

Sofía Vergara’s ex-fiancé Nick Loeb’s bombshell op-ed column outlining his argument that their frozen embryos have a right to live was timed for maximum embarrassment for the actress as she debuted her new film.

Vergara, who has stayed silent on the contentious subject, walked the red carpet on Thursday for the LA premiere of her movie “Hot Pursuit,” with Reese Witherspoon, hours after the New York Times published his piece.

He detailed his “embryonic custody” battle with the 42-year-old “Modern Family” star on Wednesday, saying, “A woman is entitled to bring a pregnancy to term even if the man objects. Shouldn’t a man who is willing to take on all parental responsibilities be similarly entitled to bring his embryos to term even if the woman objects?”

Loeb continued, “Many have asked me: Why not just move on and have a family of your own? I have every intention of doing so. But that doesn’t mean I should let the two lives I have already created be destroyed or sit in a freezer until the end of time.”

But a source told us: “Wednesday is the most important day of Sofía’s career. She is opening her first movie [as a leading actress], co-starring an Oscar-winner — a movie that she executive produced — and Nick is trying to ruin it.”

While Loeb insists the issue is “a parent’s right to protect the life of his or her unborn child,” the source said, “This comes from his anger over the end of their relationship and her subsequent engagement to Joe Manganiello. He is using his anger to emotionally extort her.”

Despite Loeb’s war over the frozen embryos, which are stored in a California clinic, Vergara is focusing on her movie and her upcoming wedding to Manganiello, which Page Six can reveal will be in November.

Our source added, “Sofía does not want to destroy the embryos, she wishes them to remain stored at the clinic. She is focused on her film, moving into her new home, and the most important day of her life — her wedding.”

Inside Nick Loeb’s ’emotional extortion’ of SofÃ*a Vergara | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

czb

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    ... But that doesn’t mean I should let the two lives I have already created be destroyed or sit in a freezer until the end of time.”

watch the right-to-lifers jump on to this. this dude sounds like a baby himself. pathetic.
    sluce likes this.

This is just stupid, he needs to move on and impregnate someone else.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

He sounds like a dick. Wasn't the blinds about him being an abuser? He's made a lot of shitty comments.

His comment about women being able to have babies without men's consent makes me want to punch him. Guess what? When it's happening in the woman's body, it's her choice. When it happens outside of her body, it's a mutual decision. Tough shit if you don't like it. That's just the way it is. One of the perks of being a woman, asshole.

I wonder what will happen if in a few years she decides that she wants to implant those embryos in her uterus. She can then go public if he balks. If it works, then she can sue him for child support. She should.

I don't think she wants to have a tie to him at all ever.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I say let him keep the embryos under the condition he'll have them implanted in himself and delivers the babies through his penis...
    greysfang, Beeyotch, Brah and 4 others like this.

fgg

Sofía Vergara breaks her silence on frozen embryo battle

If Nick Loeb was trying to upset Sofía Vergara with his New York Times op-ed about their frozen embryo drama, he doesn’t appear to have succeeded.

“I’m OK because I’m doing the right thing,” Vergara said Monday, breaking her silence on “The Howard Stern Show.” “I didn’t do anything wrong.”

The embryo drama between the 42-year-old actress and her ex-fiancé began when Loeb filed court documents in an attempt to stop the actress from destroying embryos they had conceived for surrogacy while they were still together. Two weeks later, Loeb penned an op-ed that was published just hours before Vergara’s big movie premiere for “Hot Pursuit.”

Vergara said her publicist told her not to read the article, which shared details of their relationship and prior desire to have children together. “Shouldn’t a man who is willing to take on all parental responsibilities be similarly entitled to bring his embryos to term even if the woman objects?” he wrote.

“I totally understand him, but the thing is this that fortunately and unfortunately there is law,” Vergara said. “You signed papers, legal papers and if it was so serious for him, this issue, which I totally respect if it’s serious for someone, then you should have taken it more serious at the time like I did.”

She also said the contracts Loeb, 39, signed at the time were given to them in advance and they both had time to sit and carefully review them.

“It’s not like a contract they give you right there when they take my eggs out,” she said, adding: “We did it two times. So you make the mistake the first time and a year later when you’re going to get another fertilization you say, ‘Wait a minute, this time I want to do it this way,’ but two times and suddenly you want want to change your mind?”

The Colombian bombshell isn’t letting the publicity of her personal life get her down. She simply stated Loeb “should have thought about” it at the time.

She is currently engaged to “True Blood” hunk Joe Manganiello, 38, and they aren’t worried too much about it, she said.

“We try not to talk about it,” she said. “We have lawyers and we’re having so much fun right now. We’re moving to our new house, he’s promoting ‘Magic Mike,’ I’m doing this movie, we are planning our wedding. We try not to think about this because we can’t do anything. It’s signed and it’s done.”

Before their big day, Manganiello may be signing a prenup. “Yeah, he said, ‘Do whatever you want, I’ll sign whatever you want.’ He’s great,” said the “Modern Family” star.

She also gushed over Manganiello’s romantic Hawaiian proposal just six months into their relationship, telling Howard Stern she was in a robe getting ready to celebrate Christmas Eve when he proposed to her in Spanish, her native language.

SofÃ*a Vergara breaks her silence on frozen embryo battle | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I love how she managed to call bullshit and tell him tough shit at the same time.
    sputnik likes this.

Honestly, if he's a committed Catholic, he wouldn't feel comfortable with this particular form of reproductive health to begin with (never mind the fact that they weren't married). In that sense, this all seems fishy. On the other hand, if he believes that life begins at conception, I can understand the fury to protect his children from being destroyed. Seems like a no win situation. This is one of the reasons I wish there were more ethical standards in place for reproductive endocrinologists.
    *DIVA! likes this.

I agree, Bella. But there was a contract that covered how this would be handled. He signed it. Now he is trying to claim she abused him and forced him to sign it - twice...
    BrickHouse likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'm not taking anyone's side. I'm just saying that if you agree life starts at conception, and you have not formally committed to your partner, or are unwilling to have all embryos implanted, perhaps this isn't the fertility treatment for you.
    sluce and Angeli like this.

i youtubed the howard stern interview of her, and i love this chick!!! she's very humble and sweet. i really like that she took the initiative to start an agency to represent the latin market.

i could listen to her talk all day too. i'm sure a lot of people would think i was crazy.
    SHELLEE and HWBL like this.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information