Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree527Likes

Thread: Joe Manganiello and Sofia Vergara Are Dating

I'm still confused why Vergera was ordered to pay his legal fees for ANY of this. Hope she's appealing that.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Only for the SLAPP suit she filed against him, not anything to do with the underlying case.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

Nick Loeb loses appeal in Sofía Vergara embryo saga

Nick Loeb’s never-ending legal war with “Modern Family” star Sofia Vergara over the exes’ frozen embryos has ended in Louisiana — again.

An appeals court has ruled that Loeb’s case should be tossed and that it made a “mockery of the Louisiana legal system.” The court also slammed Loeb’s filing in Louisiana as “abhorrent,” and ruled that all documents in the case be unsealed.

Loeb and Vergara split in 2014. But a battle over two frozen embryos from the couple’s 2013 IVF treatments has raged on for years after the split — as Loeb sought custody to bring them to term.

The case began in California, where the embryos are frozen — but Loeb then brought it to Louisiana, hoping the state would recognize the embryos’ legal rights.

He claimed he took up residence in the state, but the appeals court ruled on Jan. 27 that, “Loeb is not domiciled in, does not maintain a residence in, and does not have the intent to be domiciled or a resident of any parish in the State of Louisiana,” and that, “Vergara has met her burden of proving that her exception of venue was correctly granted by the trial court.”

The court added that, “Furthermore, based on all of the facts… it is clear that Mr. Loeb blatantly engaged in forum shopping when he selected [with his lawyer] Plaquemines Parish to file the instant lawsuit, with full knowledge that it was the improper venue. Their behavior brings disrepute to and makes a mockery of the Louisiana legal system and the bar and is abhorrent.”

Plaquemines Parish is part of the New Orleans-Metairie area.

According to the court papers, there is still a suit pending in California that was filed by Vergara in 2017, seeking “a permanent injunction to prevent Mr. Loeb from bringing the pre-embryos to term without Ms. Vergara’s express written consent,” as set out in a contract.

An attorney for Loeb commented, “We will be appealing to the Louisiana Supreme Court.”

Vergara has been married to movie star Joe Manganiello since 2015. Loeb has a daughter with a girlfriend who lives in Europe, where Loeb spent 300 days between 2018 and 2019, the court ruling stated.

https://pagesix.com/2021/01/31/nick-...a-embryo-saga/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Does this guy have infinite financial reserves to keep this going in court indefinitely?
    fgg, sputnik, czb and 4 others like this.

Finally! I was about to say, not this bullshit again.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

czb

dude is loaded. poor sofia, this took so long.

Well, not exactly finally if he plans to appeal to the Lousiana Supreme Court.
    fgg likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Ha, I opened this thinking they split up. Oh well.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Why does he bother? It's not going to force Sofia back into his life if the kids end up being born and they have to co-parent. They're rich enough that they can get other people to do custody handovers for them, so this entire saga of manipulation would be futile anyway, even if he won. He's not getting her back, nor will she let him back in her life, so just get the fuck over it dude.
    Be excellent to each other.

czb

dude must be a delight to his new GF.

fgg

The battle for Sofía Vergara and Nick Loeb’s embryos may finally be over

Sofía Vergara has won yet another legal round against former fiancé Nick Loeb over custody of the exes’ frozen embryos. Her victory could finally put an end to the bruising legal war.

Vergara was granted a permanent injunction on Tuesday by a Los Angeles Superior Court judge that will ban Loeb from bringing the embryos to term without Vergara’s “explicit written consent.”

The judge further found that Loeb breached a contract between the former couple when he set up a trust for the embryos under Louisiana law, and sued for custody there on the embryos’ behalf.

The injunction will keep Loeb from “unilaterally asserting any claim(s) by or on behalf of the Embryos to seek relief for the purpose of unilaterally bringing the Embryos to term without Vergara’s consent,” Judge Rafael Ongkeko wrote.

Loeb and Vergara split in 2014. But Loeb then launched a years-long legal battle in multiple states over two frozen embryos from the couple’s 2013 IVF treatments. He sought custody to bring them to term, and even gave them names in court papers.

But it seems like the case is finally coming to an end: Loeb also recently lost an appeal in Louisiana after a state court ruled he and his attorney “blatantly engaged in forum shopping” when he filed his case there in hopes local laws would be more favorable.

Loeb’s attorney, Jalesia McQueen, told Page Six that they’ll appeal to the Louisiana Supreme Court. But Vergara’s legal team then subsequently filed papers seeking to block St. Louis-based McQueen from further representing him in the Louisiana case.

McQueen did not comment.

Vergara has been married to movie star Joe Manganiello since 2015. Loeb now has a daughter with a girlfriend who lives in Europe.

Loeb has also directed a new anti-Roe v. Wade movie starring Jon Voight, which he premiered during the Conservative Political Action Conference in Florida.

https://pagesix.com/2021/03/03/sofia...nst-nick-loeb/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Loeb has also directed a new anti-Roe v. Wade movie starring Jon Voight, which he premiered during the Conservative Political Action Conference in Florida.
    This movie has an epic cast!

fgg likes this.

Vergara has been married to movie star Joe Manganiello since 2015.

movie star??
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

That cast should be ashamed. I'd expect it from Jon Voight, but the others had to know what this guys M.O. was. Fuckers.
    weathered1, SHELLEE and Daphodil like this.

^^^
    aren't they all republicans?
    KrisNine likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information