Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: Joe Manganiello and Sofia Vergara Are Dating

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    If he were to get a surrogate for those eggs, he can then freaking sue Sofia V for child support and have an easy living not working for 18 years. Sorry if someone already said this captain obvious.
    he doesn't need to sue sofia for anything. he's probably worth 100x what sofia is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    If i were her i would be looking into murder for hire.
    I would put his home address out on 4chan as the site of a new pizza place and that I heard that they were keeping a batch of "fresh young cheese" in the basement.
    witchcurlgirl and Seapharris7 like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    If he were to get a surrogate for those eggs, he can then freaking sue Sofia V for child support and have an easy living not working for 18 years. Sorry if someone already said this captain obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    he doesn't need to sue sofia for anything. he's probably worth 100x what sofia is worth.
    Because this isn't about money, is it? It's about keeping a level of control over someone who doesn't want you any more, and if he wins he'll have a hold over her for the rest of her life.

Any woman who would even consider getting involved with this guy after this should think long and hard about what she would be signing up for.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

czb

^^^ agree. but he won't have a problem getting dates. just look at OJ (before he landed in jail).
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

fgg

Embryos unlikely to win suit against Sofía Vergara

Family law attorneys said Wednesday that the right-to-live lawsuit filed in Louisiana against Sofía Vergara on behalf of her frozen embryos has little chance of success, even in the traditionally pro-life state.

“The Supreme Court long ago decided that to achieve the status of a protected human life, an embryo has to be able to survive on its own. With these embryos being unable to do that, they probably have as much legal protection to exist as your sofa,” said attorney Michael Stutman, of the Manhattan firm Stutman Advocate Stutman & Lichtenstein.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday lists the two frozen embryos Vergara created with former fiancé Nick Loeb in 2013 as plaintiffs “Emma” and “Isabella.”

It contends Loeb should be granted full custody of them, so they can be implanted in a surrogate and receive an inheritance through a trust set up for them in Louisiana.

Loeb has already sued the “Modern Family” actress for custody of the fertilized eggs in California, but filed a motion to the drop that lawsuit on Tuesday, according to the court papers. The new filing doesn’t name Loeb as a plaintiff.

“He’s clearly worried that he’s about to lose the California lawsuit,” said top Manhattan divorce attorney Martha Cohen Stine. “I think this lawsuit will be dismissed on its face because the embryos are not located in Louisiana.”

Vergara’s lawyer insisted Wednesday in a statement to Us Weekly that the lawsuit will “result in failure.”

“That genetic material was created pursuant to a written agreement that required both parties written consent to attempt to create a pregnancy,” attorney Fred Silberberg said.

“Reports are out that Mr. Loeb has caused a lawsuit to be filed on behalf of the pre-embryos in Louisiana, essentially trying to get the same relief that he was trying to get through his failed legal attempt in California.”

The Pelican State is the only one in the country to consider frozen embryos “juridical persons,” which grants them the same status as corporations, explained Amy Kerns, a Louisiana fertility lawyer.

Louisiana doesn’t allow the destruction of frozen embryos, either.

“We treat them as people. I’m assuming that’s why they’ve moved [the case] here,” Kerns said. “It’s pretty unique. Since we can’t destroy them, and we’re an incredibly pro-life state, it’s obviously a smart move.”

But she added that even though the trust was set up in Louisiana, it could be difficult to convince a judge that the case should be heard there.

Louisiana family law lawyer Betsy Fischer agreed, saying there may be a conflict-of-laws issue since the fertilized eggs are in Beverly Hills.

“An interesting Louisiana statute … states that in disputes regarding the ovum, the judicial standard for resolving the dispute is the best interest of the ovum,” she added. “If the child is frozen, how can you even address the issue of best interest?”

Fischer also said that under Louisiana law, frozen fertilized eggs have “no inheritance rights.”

Catherine Foster, one of the attorneys who filed the case against Vergara in Louisiana, said they have “a very strong argument for having jurisdiction” in the state.

“There are always points where you need to just trust that the judge will see the connection, and in this case, there are strong Louisiana contacts,” she explained.

“Both Nick and Sofía were living in Louisiana for months at a time during 2013 and 2014, which was when the embryos were being created, and when they eventually ended up separating. That’s where the trust is, and that’s where the trustee is.”

Loeb’s personal attorney, Mark J. Heller, said his client did not initiate the lawsuit and is not paying any legal fees.

He insisted the written agreement that Loeb and Vergara signed when the embryos were created isn’t enforceable.

“The agreement that Vergara points to is in violation under California law and is unenforceable, but what is enforceable is the following — and this is the heart of this case — when Nick and Sofía offered their sperm and their egg to create these embryos, they implicitly granted irrevocable rights of parenthood to the other,” he said.

“The position that I think will be validated, if we ever get to the US Supreme Court, is that once two individuals create a viable embryo, the law will say that embryo is on a path to life and is not chattle, a piece of property, but is on a path to a life on its own,” he added. “The embryo is an entity that has a legal standing, and that is what this case is seeking to create.”

Embryos unlikely to win suit against SofÃ*a Vergara | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

He's fucking crazy. Path to life my ass. They are a bunch of cells he's using to emotionally torture and control his ex.

He named them, ffs, I can't get over that bit.

What? I'm not following this thread, and now I can't wrap my mind around it.
    Does that mean that there is a possibility that the frozen embryos have more rights than the woman/egg donor who chose to not carry them? That's bizarre.

“The Supreme Court long ago decided that to achieve the status of a protected human life, an embryo has to be able to survive on its own. With these embryos being unable to do that, they probably have as much legal protection to exist as your sofa,” said attorney Michael Stutman
    The pro fetus brigade are incapable of understanding this distinction. In their minds, it's a baybeeeeeeee the second the damn egg gets fertilized. So this guy is probably trying to ride the pro life sentiment train to get his way.
    C_is_for_Cookie and Kittylady like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

But for what? To show the kids around as a "See, I got these, against their egg donors will"? To press some kind of emotions from his ex? Powerplay?
    He makes it perfectly clear that leaving his controlling ass was the best she could do. It's a good thing that no children were involved.
    And if he wants kids, he could pay for an egg donor and a surrogate, or - just a thought - he could adopt.

Maybe he should go to Mike Pence for help. If the lawsuit fails Pence will make Sofia have a funeral for the eggs.

No bueno: Nick Loeb thinks it’s ‘rude & classless’ to speak Spanish

Nick Loeb is a douchebag. I always thought he came across like an entitled butt-munch when he was with Sofia Vergara, but after she dumped him, his Douche Flag started flying freely and it’s been nothing but an exercise in creepiness and WTFery. Go here for our Nick Loeb archives. To sum up a massively complicated story, Nick Loeb wants “custody” of two embryos he created with Sofia Vergara. Sofia won’t sign off on it because those are the rules – they would both have to agree before doing anything with the embryos, whether it’s implantation (in another woman) or destroying the genetic material. Nick’s legal actions against Sofia have been going on since 2015. It’s a mess. Late last year, Nick partnered up with a radical anti-choice group and that group has sued Sofia on her embryos’ behalf, claiming that the embryos have a “right to life.” (Incidentally, the trailer for the new Handmaid’s Tale series just came out!) So, what’s new in Loeb’s creepy world? I don’t even know how to explain this.

Onion entrepreneur Nick Loeb has filed new paperwork in his bizarre legal fight over the fate of the two frozen embryos he made with ex-fiancée Sofia Vergara. The new filings include a letter he sent to the Modern Family star prior to their 2014 breakup in which he lists a number of relationship “boundaries.” Chief among the things he “won’t put up with anymore” from the Colombian actress: speaking her native language in front of him—a habit Loeb called “classless.”
    “I like spending time with you out at night much more than any of my friends,” he writes. “What I do not like and what I will not put up with anymore is the Spanish, and no I do not like hanging out with you when you speak in Spanish, with others at the table or out with us. I may as well be alone and for someone who cares so much for what other people think, I am surprised that you think its (sic) ok. Not only is it rude and disrespectful, it is classless. And for you to then berate, embarrass, and humiliate me in front of others when I ask you to stop is not happening anymore. You tell me, I need to remind you, and then I do and you make fun of the situation. I should never of let this get this far, but I have some boundaries that I have let you cross, and this is one of them. It’s not ok, you will not do this anymore, or I will just get up, leave and go.”
    Loeb continues on about his boundaries, noting Vergara has her own “things that are not ok with you, like going to a strip club.”
    The letter was filed as evidence of Loeb’s declaration that the embryos had become one of three major issues that led to their relationship’s decline. Other issues included that she allegedly refused to help him in his condiment endeavors, and that he allegedly went out partying too late and too often.
    The recent filing is part of a response by Loeb’s attorneys in federal court. Vergara’s lawyers have asked the federal judge to dismiss the suit.
    [From The Daily Beast]

Like, these are legal documents or exhibits LOEB is using in his lawsuit…? This seems like it should be Sofia’s Exhibit A for why she dumped this loser. All this time, I thought Loeb was part Cuban, but he’s not at all. I thought he would be somewhat fluent in Spanish, but apparently… no. He does not speak Spanish. He thinks Spanish-speakers are classless and rude. If I was being generous, I would theorize that Loeb found it annoying that Sofia would talk to other people in Spanish in front of him, and THAT is what he found classless (her rudeness, not the fact that she’s a native Spanish-speaker). But since I have no f–ks to give about Nick Loeb, I’ll just go on believing that he hates anyone and everyone who speaks Spanish. Racist!

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet.

« Previous Post Next Post »

Cele|bitchy | No bueno: Nick Loeb thinks it?s ?rude & classless? to speak Spanish
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Wow. This guy is a nutjob!

Reading those demands of his.... Yikes. How long was she with this guy? I don't even know her but I'm relieved for her that she got away.

So he's STILL wasting money and time out of his life to inflict all this suing and other legal fuckery on a woman he hasn't had a relationship with for YEARS, who has moved on and married someone else, who he has no ties to anymore save "genetic material" being held in limbo in a freezer somewhere. Supposedly he doesn't even need her money.

This guy sounds actually worse than a mere nutjob. He sounds like a raging psychopath.

Even your garden variety controlling asshole would have cut his losses and found another victim by now.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

That dude sounds crayzay. I would have drop kicked his disrespectful and batshit crazy ass to the curb for that letter alone, but somehow I doubt that's all the crazy he unleashed on her.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

You know, believe it or not, sometimes it isn't until getting away from someone like this that you can see the extent of their craziness. And then you have to work on forgiving yourself/not kicking yourself in the ass constantly for being so stupid and blind when you were in the thick of it. I'm sure there were people who could instantly see what an outrageous asshole he was and why she should run like the wind in the other direction. When you are under the thumb of someone like this, and then not, it's simultaneously embarrassing and enraging to recall moments that occurred in front of others that should have been more than a hint to you. And if you are an overthinker: What the others must have been thinking (or feeling for me) at that time.

Speaking in one language with others when there is a person there who can't understand a word and starts to become visibly uncomfortable might be considered rude in certain circumstances. But she was not in "polite company". She was in the company of a controlling asshat who deserved any bit of discomfort he got. I hope to hell she was saying "Please excuse this asshole! He doesn't know any better."
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It is rude for her to speak in Spanish when out with him and friends if he doesn't understand. Then if he complained, they'd all laugh at him in Spanish??? My ex had a friend that had a Spanish girlfriend and we were out with them and she had a friend with her and they didn't know I spoke Spanish and they were making fun of him the whole night, her nickname for him was Bobo (Idiot). She was using him for his money. Buy this Nick guy is still a douche, but I do feel for him on this point, and I feel he was misquoted. I don't think he meant speaking Spanish is classless, just excluding him from the conversation is.
    BelledeJour likes this.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information