Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: Joe Manganiello and Sofia Vergara Are Dating

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Yeah, but you are pulling a move that creates additional victims. (Assuming they exist in the first place.)
    Well I'm not a lawyer so I really can't do that answer justice, but from what I gather of this situation he's claiming that him being anti-choice ("pro-life") as the primary reason he doesn't want the embryos destroyed and has claimed two ex-girlfriends had abortions to which he vocally opposed at the time & that the second abortion in particular has had a lasting negative impact on him mentally. So by forcing him to name the exes her team are (a) authenticating that women actually exist (b) confirming that they did, indeed, have abortions and (c) that he was as militantly anti-choice and vocally opposed to those abortions that he claims he was and that he claims to be now.

And from there (even if all else falls through) Sofia has the argument that those women weren't forced to mother his children, so why should she be? Why were they afforded the right to dispose of their embryos but she isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Taedium View Post
    Well I'm not a lawyer so I really can't do that answer justice, but from what I gather of this situation he's claiming that him being anti-choice ("pro-life") as the primary reason he doesn't want the embryos destroyed and has claimed two ex-girlfriends had abortions to which he vocally opposed at the time & that the second abortion in particular has had a lasting negative impact on him mentally. So by forcing him to name the exes her team are (a) authenticating that women actually exist (b) confirming that they did, indeed, have abortions and (c) that he was as militantly anti-choice and vocally opposed to those abortions that he claims he was and that he claims to be now.
    This is exactly it, add in that the attorneys will probably try to argue that he consented to or even encouraged the abortions at the time (contrary to his claims now) and that his current "beliefs" are fabricated.

The he problem is the privacy issues relating to his exes. Now they're going to need to hire lawyers to protect their privacy. It raises serious concerns to force someone to discuss confidential medical information in a lawsuit that has nothing to do with them and legally I'm not sure there is any ground to do this.
    Taedium, mostroop, Wisher and 2 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

As a friend once told me "Episcapalian is Catholic light"
    you know who you are girlfriend.
    my fil told me that the Catholics used to call Episcapalians " a pot to piss in"
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

The whole suit is ridiculous. He has more than enough money to hire an anonymous egg donor and surrogate if he really wants to be a dad so much. Men don't have the same concerns regard viability that women do, it's not like this was the last sperm he ever produced. That he's trying to basically force a kid with his ex into existence against her will is sick.
    panic likes this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    As a friend once told me "Episcapalian is Catholic light"
    you know who you are girlfriend.
    my fil told me that the Catholics used to call Episcapalians " a pot to piss in"
    All of the pageantry, half of the guilt...

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    The whole suit is ridiculous. He has more than enough money to hire an anonymous egg donor and surrogate if he really wants to be a dad so much. Men don't have the same concerns regard viability that women do, it's not like this was the last sperm he ever produced. That he's trying to basically force a kid with his ex into existence against her will is sick.
    That was my first thought too, so I have to wonder what is really behind this lawsuit?

On the other hand, forcing a kid into existence against her will--isn't that what a woman does if she carries a baby to term against the wishes of the father? And then he's stuck with child support whether he wanted the baby or not. Also, it's her decision if she wants to abort.

Bottom line, Vergara and this man went to the trouble of having this procedure, so obviously at some point they planned to have these babies. If one decided to change their mind about it, does it mean the other has no rights? If the woman wanted them and the man didn't, would it be any different?

Not saying I agree with his position, just saying when it comes to child bearing (or not) men don't seem to have many rights or choice. Other than the old, well then don't get anyone pregnant.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

fgg

Sofía Vergara thinks Nick Loeb is using embryo war for fame

Sofía Vergara is accusing her ex Nick Loeb of not genuinely wanting to be a father — and claims he is only battling for their frozen embryos because she is a star.

Vergara is fighting back after Loeb — who says he is pro-life and has launched a legal bid to implant in a surrogate two frozen embryos he created with Vergara — refused to name two ex-girlfriends who underwent abortions around 20 years ago.

Her legal team wants to quiz the two women about Loeb’s motives, but he told Page Six, “I’d rather go to jail than reveal the names . . . we have to protect a woman’s right to privacy.”

Vergara’s attorney Fred Silberberg told Page Six, “Oddly, Loeb wants us to believe that he supports a woman’s right to privacy and to make a choice concerning reproduction. However, he seems to believe that his celebrity ex-fiancée, Sofía Vergara, does not have those same rights, especially if it means giving him more public exposure.”

Vergara and Loeb have a written agreement that neither party would be able to take any action regarding the embryos without the other’s consent.

Silberberg continued, “Loeb, while claiming to be in support of the ‘right to life,’ disclosed that he had gotten two different women pregnant prior to his relationship with Vergara and that the pregnancies were terminated.”

Loeb, now 41, says the terminations happened when he was 19 and in his early 20s. Loeb fears his exes’ names could become public due to the high-profile nature of the case. But Silberberg said the women’s identities are protected by a confidentiality order.

He added, “As Vergara’s counsel, I wish to inquire of them as it directly relates to Loeb’s contentions that his beliefs in the ‘right to life’ are the bases for his asking the court to allow him to go against the written document he signed, and attempt to have the pre-embryos implanted into a surrogate over Vergara’s objections. Loeb’s actions prior to his relationship with Vergara seem contradictory to the claims he is making in this lawsuit and beg the question as to why is it that he finds it important to bring the pre-embryos created with Vergara, a public figure, to term but not the actual embryos created previously with two different women?”

SofÃ*a Vergara thinks Nick Loeb is using embryo war for fame | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fgg

Sofía Vergara sued by her own embryos

The battle over Sofia Vergara’s embryos took an extraordinary turn Tuesday — when a right-to-live lawsuit was filed on behalf of the fertilized eggs against their mom.

The female embryos are listed as plaintiffs “Emma’’ and “Isabella” in Louisiana court papers, which come amid Vergara’s knock-down, drag-out legal battle with former fiancé Nick Loeb, sources told The Post.

Loeb had already sued the “Modern Family” star in California for custody of the embryos, which the couple *created when they were still together in 2013.

The potentially landmark new case in Louisiana — a traditionally pro-life state that offers special legal protections for frozen embryos — also lists the embryos’ “trustee,’’ James Charbonnet, as a plaintiff, sources said.

The lawsuit contends that Emma and Isabella, by not being born, have been deprived of an inheritance from a trust that has been *created for them in Louisiana, *according to sources.

It asks that the frozen embryos be given to Loeb so that they can live and receive the trust set up for them, which would fund, among other things, their health care and education, the sources said.

The suit accuses Vergara of refusing “to allow her daughters Emma and Isabella to continue their development, so they remain frozen in a tank,’’ sources said.

It also contends that a contract that Vergara and Loeb previously signed at the ART Reproductive Center in Beverly Hills should be voided since it violated California code and Louisiana law, according to sources.

The contract said neither party could use the embryos without the consent of the other. But the lawsuit argues that it didn’t say what should happen if Loeb and Vergara were to split.

Vergara also bullied Loeb into signing one part of the agreement saying that if either or both of them died, the embryos were to be “thawed with no further action taken,’’ according to sources, citing the suit.

Loeb, a 41-year-old businessman, spends his time between New York and Florida but has ties to Louisiana. He graduated from Tulane University in New Orleans and still serves as a reserve police officer in the state, *according to sources.

In 2013, the then-happy couple first turned to in vitro fertilization to have a child of their own.

The new court filing says that on March 4, 2013, Loeb and Vergara exchanged messages about the embryos after learning they had created five, sources said.

“You can’t keep 4 frozen lives forever or kill them, we will go to hell,” Loeb wrote to her, sources said.

“We r going to hell regardless,” Vergara responded, according to sources. During the same conversation, the actress told him, “I’m doing it *because I want you to have a baby,” sources said, citing the lawsuit.

Two rounds of IVF failed, and they created two more embryos later that year.
    But then Loeb and Vergara split on May 13, 2014, while he was at the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, sources said.

After they broke up, Loeb sent texts to Vergara — including one that said, “We still have those 2 frozen babys,’’ sources said.

The new court papers insist that Vergara was adamant during her relationship with Loeb that, as a Catholic, she believed the embryos should never be destroyed — and she has since broken their oral agreement, according to sources.

Vergara’s refusal to allow the eggs to be implanted in a surrogate has left them “in suspended animation,’’ the suit says, according to sources.

Loeb filed to protect the embryos in California just a few months after they split.

But the court documents say he dropped that lawsuit Tuesday, after a California judge ruled in favor of Vergara, 44, in her quest to force Loeb to identify two previous lovers who underwent abortions after he *impregnated them, according to sources.

He had appealed the decision but was turned down by an appellate court.

Loeb previously told Page Six, “I would rather go to jail than reveal the names.

The new lawsuit says Loeb should have full custody over the embryos and “authority to release them for transfer, continued development, and birth,” the sources said.

It also insists that the actress should pay for any of the fees Loeb has incurred to keep Emma and *Isabella frozen, sources said.

Vergara — who last year married “Magic Mike” actor Joe Manganiello, 39 — has previously said children should be the product of a loving relationship. She has a son from another relationship.

Her lawyer, Fred Silberberg, has said the actress wants to keep the embryos “frozen indefinitely.”

“I wouldn’t want to bring kids to the world where it’s already set against them,” *Vergara has explained.

The actress has said the contract that both she and Loeb signed should be the end of the story.

In an April 2015 Op-Ed in The New York Times, Loeb outlined why he wants to protect the embryos.

“A woman is entitled to bring a pregnancy to term even if the man objects,” Loeb wrote. “Shouldn’t a man who is willing to take on all parental responsibilities be similarly entitled to bring his embryos to term even if the woman objects?”

Vergara’s rep couldn’t immediately be reached. Loeb didn’t respond to a request for comment.

SofÃ*a Vergara sued by her own embryos | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

This whole thing is just feeling obscene to me. So he's not only naming the embryos to garner sympathy in case this goes before a jury, he's suing her on their behalf? There are no words. Leave the woman alone and move on with your life. I don't have the answer as to what to actually do with the embryos, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be "use them to emotionally torture your ex for the rest of her life."
    panic, HWBL, Kittylady and 2 others like this.

This sounds like it could have really bad, unforeseen consequences. All fertilized embryos have a right to be taken to full term? I wonder how many frozen, fertilized embryos are out there.....

If i were her i would be looking into murder for hire.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

This is downright disgusting and disturbing. She should implant them and get an abortion. FFS.

Doesn't this loser work for Trump now?

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    If i were her i would be looking into murder for hire.
    Too blatant. I think a freon line break at the clinic would be more appropriate.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

Bottom line, Vergara and this man went to the trouble of having this procedure, so obviously at some point they planned to have these babies. If one decided to change their mind about it, does it mean the other has no rights? If the woman wanted them and the man didn't, would it be any different?

Not saying I agree with his position, just saying when it comes to child bearing (or not) men don't seem to have many rights or choice. Other than the old, well then don't get anyone pregnant.
    they had an agreement that if they split, any unused embryos would be destroyed. he's suing to challenge that agreement. so they had an agreement, and he's reneging on that agreement.

"just saying when it comes to child bearing (or not) men don't seem to have many rights or choice"

i disagree. men have been enacting laws - and killing women - for thousands of years in order to control their bodies. whether through forced marriages, laws that dictate that women belong to their fathers until they get married and then they're the property of their husbands, abortion laws, etc. women are the ones who get called whores for having children out of wedlock, etc.
    i would say that as long as women are stuck being the child bearers, it makes sense that they would have more rights. and in the case of embryos intended for a surrogate, the agreement a couple reaches at the clinic needs to be honoured and shouldn't be something one of the partners can challenge in court if they break up and they decide they want the embryos just so they can be controlling assholes even after the split.
    HWBL, Brah, weathered1 and 7 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

If he were to get a surrogate for those eggs, he can then freaking sue Sofia V for child support and have an easy living not working for 18 years. Sorry if someone already said this captain obvious.
    Honeythorn likes this.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information