Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jodie Foster tells Parade Mag she's not in love w/ longtime companion Cydney Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    It was a shitty question. Some smart ass reporter was trying to get her to come out or allude to it in some way.
    Yep. Talk about being put on the spot. I hate it when reporters act all sneaky and try to twist words around.

I love Jodie...she's fabulous. When/if she officially comes out, it should be on her terms.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

To me, being in the closet means publicly denying you are gay when you are, or having a very public beard relationship to accomplish the same thing. I don't think I've ever heard of her do either. I don't think living your life outside the spotlight, and refusing to comment on your private life, is in the closet. There are pics of her and Cyndy out with their kids, so she isn't keeping this woman stashed away. I respect the way she has lived her life, and I honestly baffled by the celebrities who feel the need to trot out or announce every person they date, or have a one night stand with. If you are a good actor, your work can stand on it's own, and keep us interested. Too many of todays 'stars' think getting groped by a different guy in a series of nightclubs is the way to keep us interested...but instead they become a caricature of who they are, and for some (Tom Cruise, for me) I lose interest in seeing their movies because I am so sick of seeing their face, or their antics have completely turned me off, and I couldn't lose myself in the character they are portraying.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpig View Post
    If you are a good actor, your work can stand on it's own, and keep us interested. Too many of todays 'stars' think getting groped by a different guy in a series of nightclubs is the way to keep us interested...but instead they become a caricature of who they are, and for some (Tom Cruise, for me) I lose interest in seeing their movies because I am so sick of seeing their face, or their antics have completely turned me off, and I couldn't lose myself in the character they are portraying.
    That's a very good point, I agree with you. Hearing and seeing too much about an actor's personal life can definitely affect how you view them in a film. It's harder to see them as the character if they are in the tabloids all the time. Most of my favourite actors and celebs are the people who stay out of the press and gossip magazines mostly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information