Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 390
Like Tree944Likes

Thread: Joan Rivers stops breathing during surgery - rushed to hospital

  1. #106
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    75

    Default


  2. #107
    Elite Member Froogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    I'm no doctor or nurse, but you can for sure be on life support with an active brain. I know from personal experiences. Life support doesnt equal brain dead. Life support can mean that you need help with your heart, lungs, kidneys etc.
    Bellatheball and snoopqueen like this.

  3. #108
    Elite Member Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    exiled and ostrich sized
    Posts
    21,962

    Default

    I hope you are right.
    Froogy likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~



  4. #109
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Yeah, she went into cardiac arrest during throat surgery and stopped breathing. She is unconscious, beyond that I'm stumped.

  5. #110
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    24,747

    Default

    Unless you're one of her physicians, you probably should be.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  6. #111
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    75

    Default


  7. #112
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    I'm no doctor or nurse, but you can for sure be on life support with an active brain. I know from personal experiences. Life support doesnt equal brain dead. Life support can mean that you need help with your heart, lungs, kidneys etc.
    This video explains it quite well. Joan Rivers' Family Keeping 'Our Fingers Crossed' for Iconic Comedian - ABC News

  8. #113
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crash man View Post
    WTF? And why?

    Sorry - I don't really get your morbid interest in this, or why it matters that she is a supporter of Israel.
    crayzeehappee likes this.

  9. #114
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    24,747

    Default

    Most Jews I know are also "pro-Israel".
    firebrat1229 and card like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  10. #115
    eva
    eva is offline
    Silver Member eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Life support means that they are unable to be taken off of the ventilator.

    They could be conscious or not. Have brain activity or not.

    They are at high risk for pneumonia, urinary tract infections and pressure ulcers.

    They are unable to eat any food, so the decision becomes if they should put in a feeding tube or not, which is a tube that is inserted into their stomach, through their abdomen.

    Its not a great existence.

    I help guide people through this decision every day and it is never easy.

    If they decide to keep the person on life support, they get a tracheotomy and a feeding tube. They are then discharged from the hospital and sent to a long term nursing home to "live."
    Insert witty line here

  11. #116
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eva View Post
    Life support means that they are unable to be taken off of the ventilator.

    They could be conscious or not. Have brain activity or not.

    They are at high risk for pneumonia, urinary tract infections and pressure ulcers.

    They are unable to eat any food, so the decision becomes if they should put in a feeding tube or not, which is a tube that is inserted into their stomach, through their abdomen.

    Its not a great existence.

    I help guide people through this decision every day and it is never easy.

    If they decide to keep the person on life support, they get a tracheotomy and a feeding tube. They are then discharged from the hospital and sent to a long term nursing home to "live."
    She stopped breathing in a clinic. The video said brain damage can happen after the brain receives no oxygen for 4-6 minutes. What do you think is going on here?

  12. #117
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crash man View Post
    She stopped breathing in a clinic. The video said brain damage can happen after the brain receives no oxygen for 4-6 minutes. What do you think is going on here?
    Whatever is going on here is something between Rivers's doctors and whoever is handling her personal care in her stead, likely her daughter. Though she is a public person, her medical care and decisions made about it should not be.
    Bombshell, Kittylady and Sunrider like this.

  13. #118
    eva
    eva is offline
    Silver Member eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    459

    Default

    I'm sure the clinic started CPR right away. It would be different if she was found down somewhere.
    Insert witty line here

  14. #119
    Silver Member BeantownBitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    May you please go play with a lit grill!!

    omg shutup. This is a thread for Joan. keep it on topic and quit trying to start fights over nothing.
    Gossiplover likes this.

  15. #120
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    Look little girl!!! Go away!!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 24th, 2014, 06:13 AM
  2. Joan Rivers in fur in Manhattan
    By rollo in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 3rd, 2014, 09:55 AM
  3. Joan Rivers gets stoned on her show
    By sluce in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2012, 12:19 PM
  4. Joan Rivers
    By yoyoma in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: February 1st, 2009, 12:13 PM
  5. Joan Rivers mocks Tom Cruise - Again
    By lovely bones in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: May 16th, 2006, 10:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •