Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree944Likes

Thread: Joan Rivers stops breathing during surgery - rushed to hospital

I had to make that decision 7 yrs ago after my husband was put on life support. I don't wish that on anyone....

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Exactly -- what does that mean? You're going to be stable on life support, because the machines are doing all the work.

Long days ahead for the family.
    For God's sake, I hope they won't consider taking her off without a long wait and see. She's worth 150 million already. I'd leave her on for at least six months, at least.

Holy shit. I hope you're kidding.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

It doesn't sound good but I can't believe they'd be talking about taking her off life support in a few days. Hopefully people will rally against this craziness.

Maybe she's brain-dead and that would be a reason to pull the plug so soon.

No decision on the acerbic comedienne’s future will be made for a few days, TMZ.com reported. Neither Melissa Rivers nor the hospital had any comment Saturday on the Emmy-winning Rivers’ condition. Joan Rivers on life support as daughter Melissa remains ‚€˜in denial‚€™ about mother‚€™s condition: sources - NY Daily News

Quote Originally Posted by crash man View Post
    It doesn't sound good but I can't believe they'd be talking about taking her off life support in a few days. Hopefully people will rally against this craziness.
    We have no idea what her medical prognosis is and I am certain her family is being called upon to make terrible decisions. They love her and they will do the best they can. I was in this situation with my mother and still remember the well-meaning but completely uninformed assholes that questioned our every decision. It was gut wrenching.

Maybe she's brain-dead and that would be a reason to pull the plug so soon.

No decision on the acerbic comedienne’s future will be made for a few days, TMZ.com reported. Neither Melissa Rivers nor the hospital had any comment Saturday on the Emmy-winning Rivers’ condition. Joan Rivers on life support as daughter Melissa remains ‚€˜in denial‚€™ about mother‚€™s condition: sources - NY Daily News
    If there's no brain activity, it won't return, and the off chance it did would mean she'd be at least partially vegetative. If the doctors are suggesting 'options' this soon, her brain is indeed dead and technically, she is already too.
    Makisa likes this.
    [On Terry Richardson] "Dude is like a human version of a white, windowless van...." ~ Michael K.

What's with the ignorant comments in this thread? You don't have anything better to do today? Damn, people. Spend your day elsewhere.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Slackerbrat View Post
    I had to make that decision 7 yrs ago after my husband was put on life support. I don't wish that on anyone....
    sorry you had to go through that ... i can't even imagine ....

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Makisa View Post
    We have no idea what her medical prognosis is and I am certain her family is being called upon to make terrible decisions. They love her and they will do the best they can. I was in this situation with my mother and still remember the well-meaning but completely uninformed assholes that questioned our every decision. It was gut wrenching.
    I stand by comments 100 percent. But let me clarify them better. If my mother was worth 150 million there is no chance that I wouldn't give her more time than the average person could afford. Miracles do happen, so you never what could happen.

czb

^^^ i don't think time is the issue here....

Quote Originally Posted by Makisa View Post
    Tell me about it. My mother was still processing the fact that she'd probably have to take our dad off life support, when my aunt (who was never close to my dad) started pestering her to make the decision immediately. In the end we didn't have to make that decision, but I'll never forget the way my aunt acted.
    I stand by comments 100 percent. But let me clarify them better. If my mother was worth 150 million there is no chance that I wouldn't give her more time than the average person could afford. Miracles do happen, so you never what could happen.
    What about if you think she's suffering in a bad state? You'd let her keep suffering with no brain activity because you'd want her money?????
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

After my Mother had her last stroke, we made the decision to stop all treatment and remove her feeding tube. The doctors and the hospice care workers told us that she would survive about 2 days. She lived 3 more weeks. They were the longest weeks of our lives. I would not wish that hell on anyone.
    Makisa, Froogy, Palermo and 2 others like this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    Tell me about it. My mother was still processing the fact that she'd probably have to take our dad off life support, when my aunt (who was never close to my dad) started pestering her to make the decision immediately. In the end we didn't have to make that decision, but I'll never forget the way my aunt acted.

What about if you think she's suffering in a bad state? You'd let her keep suffering with no brain activity because you'd want her money?????
    I'm not claiming to have all the answers. No, but a little more time might give Doctors a chance to explore and who knows, maybe she comes back or they glean more info about her condition. Just saying, why not give some more time when your situation allows for it? Also, I put out that she could brain-dead. I don't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by BeantownBitch View Post
    Oh give me a break, i was kidding and didn't say anything really worse than anyone else did! You say i'm mean ...hmm, so my post bothered you but the last 5 or so didn't? lol

Grammer? We have the grammer popo in da house.
    Well your comments coupled with your name more than mean came to mind!! Words like Rude and Disrespectful!!

A lot of these comments are just ignorant
    Froogy likes this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post

I think they were talking about being able to afford the medical bills that would come with keeping her alive longer.
    Bellatheball likes this.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information