Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree944Likes

Thread: Joan Rivers stops breathing during surgery - rushed to hospital

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    What is there to report? I don't agree with her posts, but I don't see anything report worthy.

Sadly, I could see Joan making crass jokes about someone's death. She made fun of the girls who were kidnapped, raped and beaten for a decade.

Through this thread, I see that she was also kind, it doesn't negate the hurtful things she said about others though.

Agreed. And 'ding dong' was used in the Margaret Thatcher thread, and didn't get the same reaction. I don't think it's nice to use for either.

UPDATE: Howard Stern delivered the eulogy, Broadway singer-actress Audra McDonald sang “Smile” and bagpipers played “New York, New York” at Joan Rivers’ funeral Sunday, a star-studded send-off that — like late comedian herself — brought together the worlds of Hollywood, theater, fashion and media.

At a funeral befitting a superstar, the New York City Gay Men’s Chorus sang Broadway hits before six-time Tony Award-winner McDonald sang her tribute to Rivers, a champion of theater for decades. Tributes and reminiscences were delivered by TV anchor Deborah Norville, close friend Margie Stern, columnist Cindy Adams and Rivers’ daughter, Melissa.

Hugh Jackman sang at the end and bagpipers from the New York City Police Department played on the streets as mourners filed out of Temple Emanu-El, many dabbing their eyes.

The funeral program included a page with three classic Rivers’ lines printed out: “Can we talk?” ”Who are you wearing?” and “Because I’m a funny person.”

A legion of notables turned out to remember Rivers, who died Thursday at 81: comedians Kathy Griffin and Whoopi Goldberg; colleague and friend Kelly Osbourne; Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick; and celebrity doctor Mehmet Oz.

Theater stars Bernadette Peters, Alan Cumming and Tommy Tune were there. Record producer Clive Davis was, too. Fashion designers Carolina Herrera and Michael Kors were in attendance. Stars from TV such as Barbara Walters, Geraldo Rivera, Diane Sawyer, Kathie Lee, Hoda Kotb and Andy Cohen. Late night band leader Paul Shaffer. And moguls Barry Diller, Donald Trump and Steve Forbes.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...eral/15222087/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ually-happen/#

My level of respect for Joan just rose. Flipping channels and found they are playing Joan and Melissa's reality show. In this episode Joan had been on Kris Jenner's ill fated talk show and declared that Kris had built the Kardashian empire on Kim's back. LOL
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Joan was on Howard a few months back. I just listened to replay on Sirius of one of the shows. I'll bet this hit him hard.

A part of that replay that was kind of weird/sad now to listen to: They were joking around about getting old and dying but it led to a serious discussion and she said there's no way in hell she'd want to go on if she ever lost her mind (they were talking about being diagnosed with Alzheimer's, etc.). She said she would find one of those Swiss doctors who would help her off herself. And that when/if she went one day she'd be most concerned about how Melissa would deal with it.
    sluce, *DIVA! and gas_chick like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I think that funerals should be private if family etc so wish. But I really want to see what everyone wore, because of course everyone had to have gone all out for the fashion maven.

Sounds like a nice send off to me.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Just reading the guest list made me teary. She would have been so proud. Melissa will have a hard time-they were so close.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

the only person who deserves mean death treatment was sylvia browne. i think we all agreed on that.
    *DIVA!, twitchy2.0 and piperdiva like this.

You can't really compare Joan Rivers and Margaret Thatcher. One is an entertainer who made a lot of people happy, the other was an elected official who made a lot of people unhappy. I certainly wouldn't go to the Tories Rock website and start sledging her there where it would be disrespectful to those who are actually mourning her. Know your audience and all that.
    *DIVA! and Just Kill Me like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I think Melissa will have her private break down once everyone is gone.
    Bombshell, sluce and nana51 like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    just ignore the bitter cunt. it's not even a good troll.
    I object to the use of the word "cunt", that is a "twat" if I've seen one...
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Yep, same here. Only an asshole would do that.
    vouch... asshole twat!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

fgg

Joan Rivers’ Air Supply Cut Off From Unexpected Throat Biopsy (Report)

The routine surgical procedure that ultimately took the life of Joan Rivers was the result of an unplanned biopsy on her vocal cords, according to The New York Daily News.

The procedure is one that should not be conducted outside of a hospital, according to medical experts who spoke with the New York Daily News. Rivers underwent the procedure at Yorkville Endoscopy in New York, which generally deals with digestive issues.

The biopsy caused the “Fashion Police” star's vocal cords to seize, known as laryngospasm. The medical source told the paper that had this procedure been done in a hospital, Rivers may have survived. The source further alleges that Rivers had only signed off on an endoscopy.

Representatives for Joan Rivers, as well as her daughter Melissa, did not immediately respond to TheWrap's request for comment.

Last week, the New York Medical Examiner's Office told TheWrap that the completed autopsy of Rivers’ body did not yield a firm cause or manner of death, and that further studies would be conducted to determine how she died. Reports were that she stopped breathing while undergoing the throat surgery on Aug. 28.

Rivers was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital, but the comedienne did not recover. She was put in a medically-induced coma and put on life support, but she passed away on Sept. 4.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/joan-river...022500055.html
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Already conflicting stories on this. Some are saying they did a biopsy without her consent. In my experience, when I had an endoscopy, it was out patient and I signed stating that if there was cause for concern, I consented for them to do more exploratory including a biopsy while they were down there. It seems to be a blanket statement in most consent documents. I still feel she should have been in a hospital due to her age but have read statements from many doctors who say otherwise.
    holly likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Of course this will be analyzed, hindsight and all that. Obviously it's a shame she died this way, during a routine non-life threatening procedure. But there is always a risk any time someone is put under. That's why anesthesiologists pay such high insurance premiums for malpractice.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    My level of respect for Joan just rose. Flipping channels and found they are playing Joan and Melissa's reality show. In this episode Joan had been on Kris Jenner's ill fated talk show and declared that Kris had built the Kardashian empire on Kim's back. LOL

Listened to her on spotify in the car, she had a joke about putting the Kardasians, the olsens and Bieber on a island to kill eachother and name the show, the nobody cares show or something and how that huge one grows an inch every time she fucks a guy
    BuffyKatniss likes this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Already conflicting stories on this. Some are saying they did a biopsy without her consent. In my experience, when I had an endoscopy, it was out patient and I signed stating that if there was cause for concern, I consented for them to do more exploratory including a biopsy while they were down there. It seems to be a blanket statement in most consent documents. I still feel she should have been in a hospital due to her age but have read statements from many doctors who say otherwise.
    agree with what you said about consent and biopsies. maybe her GI only did endoscopies outpatient? hard to say. but i do feel badly for melissa.
    sluce likes this.

Thread Information