Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree944Likes

Thread: Joan Rivers stops breathing during surgery - rushed to hospital

She spoke with a very raspy voice so maybe they were trying to correct that.

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    My first thought was that she was getting even more plastic surgery.
    Little known fact: a side effect of vocal cord surgery is tighter smoother skin!

(A side effect of deviated septum surgery is larger breasts.)
    missbazilb, CL**, Palermo and 9 others like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

IMO - no person in their 80s should have surgery at a clinic - it should be in the hospital. If it were my Mom, in her 80s, I would want to be there, not out of town.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I used to love Joan. I spent my 21st birthday at one of her shows, and I've seen her twice since. But some time ago she turned mean instead of clever, obnoxious instead of funny. I haven't paid attention to her for years. I wish her well and a long, quiet, private retirement.
    CL**, Palermo, BITTER and 3 others like this.

I am more worried about Melissa. If Joan has not done proper financial planning, Melissa might need to get a job.
    Flygirl, Bombshell, HWBL and 1 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    IMO - no person in their 80s should have surgery at a clinic - it should be in the hospital. If it were my Mom, in her 80s, I would want to be there, not out of town.
    I agree! But we are talking about the queen of cosmetic procedures here, so I'm guessing she (and her daughter) considered this very run of the mill. After so many successful out-patient surgeries, they probably didn't take seriously the very real risks and potential complications any time a doctor puts you under. IMO, the doctor should have insisted.
    sluce and holly like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

One site has her in a medically induced coma and Doctors aren't sure how long she went without oxygen. Not sure if I believe it.

I do hope she pulls through.
    czb likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Access Hollywood just said they heard from "good sources" there was no issue with Joan's heart. The clinic called 911 which means......... you guessed it. We will all get to hear the 911 call in the next few days.
    exippy and BITTER like this.

NEW YORK (AP/ABC News) - Joan Rivers was in a New York City hospital Thursday after she was rushed from a medical clinic when she went into cardiac arrest, police and hospital officials said.
    The 81-year-old comedian was said to be in critical condition
    "This morning, Joan Rivers was taken to The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, where she is being attended to. Her family wants to thank everybody for their outpouring of love and support," said Sid Dinsay, a spokesman for Mount Sinai Hospital. "We will provide an update on her condition as it becomes available."
    New York City police and fire officials said she was taken to the hospital just after 9:30 a.m. Thursday. It was unclear why she was visiting the clinic, but the celebrity gossip website TMZ reported that Rivers was having surgery on her vocal chords there..
    Rivers' representatives didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.
    The entertainer has logged a half-century in show business and gave rise to red carpet commentary - and the snarky criticism that often accompanies it. Her signature red carpet query: "Who are you wearing?"
    She continues to maintain a busy schedule, and was to perform a show Friday at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, New Jersey. That show was postponed because of her hospitalization.
    Rivers spoke at an employee event at Time Inc. in New York on Wednesday night and appeared healthy, practically jogging when she walked in to take her seat, said Shira Blum, an online project manager.
    "She seemed totally healthy," Blum said. "She was very energetic, hilarious, funny. And it was such a shock, a surprise to hear the news this morning."
    Rivers took questions and said she wakes up every morning and "is thankful that everything works," Blum said.
    An early and outspoken proponent of cosmetic surgery, Rivers' drastically altered her appearance over the years - and found plenty of material for jokes. ("I've had so much plastic surgery, when I die they will donate my body to Tupperware.")
    The host of "Fashion Police" on E! network, Rivers also presides over an online talk show, "In Bed With Joan" and co-stars with her daughter, Melissa, on the WEtv reality show, "Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?"
    Her latest book, "Diary of a Mad Diva," was released this summer.
    In 2009, Rivers emerged as the winner of NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice." A documentary, "Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work," premiered in theaters in 2010.
    A native of New York, Rivers originally entered show business with the dream of a theatrical career, but comedy became a way to pay the bills while she auditioned for acting roles.
    "Somebody said, 'You can make six dollars standing up in a club,'" she told The Associated Press in 2013, "and I said, 'Here I go!' It was better than typing all day."
    After proving herself in comedy clubs as a rarity - a woman comedian - Rivers was a smash on her first booking on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" in 1965. "God, you're funny," Carson told her.

Read more: Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, hospitalized in critical condition after suffering cardiac arrest | WJLA.com

Brookie and dougie like this.

I am very sorry to hear this about Joan, I wish her well and a speedy recovery.

There's no way in hell they wouldn't know how long she went without oxygen if she was undergoing a procedure at the time. Lots of clinics have their own outpatient surgery rooms so it's possible it was done there.

I forgot how much she used to look like Dr. Laura.

I just read that Melissa said she's resting comfortably. Is that critical but stable but comfortable? I don't believe anything when it comes to hospitals and celebs. It's not our business I guess. It's all euphemisms. Sounds likes she went in for an throat endoscopy and something happened. My friend is very sad because she's been friendly with her since Melissa got married and she's very close to one of Joan's best friends, Sylvia Weinstock who makes those fab cakes.

Well Chalet - you are our NYC source. Please get to the hospital and get the inside scoop for us!!
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Bronze Member

Default Joan Rivers Stops Breathing During Surgery

Surprise surprise, it wasn't another face lift...

Joan Rivers Stops Breathing During Surgery | celebdash

Spoiler alert: she's OK now.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information