Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree944Likes

Thread: Joan Rivers stops breathing during surgery - rushed to hospital

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    i just refuse to be entertained by anyone if i don't agree with their view on middle eastern politics. And i won't even listen to music unless i know which side of the cyprus question the artist comes down on
    i knew it!!!!
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I'm sobbing. Melissa will treasure this footage. And as usual, Joan leaves us laughing.

That had me in tears. I posted it to my fb last night

She was hilariously wonderful on Fallen!!!!
    Last edited by *DIVA!; September 5th, 2014 at 08:05 AM.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

When she told that joke about Liz Taylor standing in front of the microwave yelling, "HURRY"! I fell out of my seat when I first heard it.
    *DIVA!, sluce, Wilson and 2 others like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Kathy Griffin was just on the Today Show and told wonderful stories about her relationship with Joan. I was shocked to learn that Joan was close friends with Prince Charles and Camilla. Kathy told how Joan took her along on a trip to visit them and Joan would go to Balmoral to paint with Charles.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

I loved her, she was caustic, honest, and had excellent timing. Something I wish I was brave enough to have. And...well...I always thought she was pretty, even with all the plastic, she was still Joan.

Joan I grew up loving you. Ms. Rivers you have no idea the paths you have broken for women in general. Through you many of us learned we do have a voice.
    Wilson, Sylkyn, ornery and 1 others like this.

Kathy Griffin was just on the Today Show and told wonderful stories about her relationship with Joan. I was shocked to learn that Joan was close friends with Prince Charles and Camilla. Kathy told how Joan took her along on a trip to visit them and Joan would go to Balmoral to paint with Charles.
    She talked about them often on Howard Stern. To show what a sense of humor Camilla must have, you can find many clips of Joan tearing her looks apart.
    sluce and sputnik like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

fgg

OMG, i got tears immediately reading that post about them letting her dogs in to say goodbye to her!

i've seen a bunch of the joan & melissa reality show episodes and it just made me lover her even more.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

LOL Kathy touched on that and said Prince Charles and Camilla adored Joan and he told Kathy that it is reporters and comedians that keep him honest.
    card likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I just refuse to be entertained by anyone if I don't agree with their view on middle eastern politics. And I won't even listen to music unless I know which side of the Cyprus question the artist comes down on
    I'm with you Witchcurlgirl -- I still can't listen to Yakov Smirnov because of the Yalta Summit.
    sluce, effie2 and faithanne like this.

Prince Charles remembers close friend Joan Rivers: 'She had an enormous zest for life'

05 SEPTEMBER 2014 Prince Charles has paid tribute to the late comedienne Joan Rivers, who passed away on Thursday at the age of 81.

The prince and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall, who were close friends with Joan, released a statement via Clarence House saying that they were "deeply saddened" to hear of the star's death.

"Joan Rivers was an extraordinary woman with an original and indefatigable spirit, an unstoppable sense of humour and an enormous zest for life," said Charles, also speaking on behalf of Camilla.

He added: "She will be hugely missed and utterly irreplaceable."

Charles and Joan struck up an unlikely friendship when they were properly introduced back in 2003 on a painting holiday in the South of France, although they had met before when Joan starred in The Royal Variety Performance in 1996.

The pair became good friends and two years later, Joan was one of four Americans who was invited to Charles and Camilla's wedding at Windsor Castle in 2005. She also performed at a gala for the Prince's Trust on the future heir's 60th birthday.

Joan had previously spoken praises of the first-in-line to the throne.

"He's so charming, so humorous," the late Fashion Police host said. "All the passions that everyone used to laugh at him for – organic food, architecture, talking to the flowers, we're all into those things now.

"He is so far ahead of his time, and I think he will be a very good monarch. He is a very smart man and I adore him."

Charles even gave Joan permission to scatter the ashes of her friend Tommy over the grounds of Highgrove – his country home in Gloucestershire.

"I was at Highgrove and I said that my friend Tommy had died, and I said, 'May I scatter some of his ashes in the garden?'" Joan told HELLO! back in 2011. "He was in shock. But he said, 'Certainly.' I had them in a bag so Tommy is scattered there."

Joan passed away at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York at 1:17pm on Thursday, surrounded by her family and close friends. Her daughter Melissa Rivers said: "It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers." Tributes from Hollywood pour in for Joan Rivers

"My mother's greatest joy in life was to make people laugh. Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon," she added.
    SHELLEE, sluce, sputnik and 2 others like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Thanks for posting the jokes too. That is some funny stuff. Great joke set up, great punch lines.

I grew up with Joan on tv. I was 5,6,7 years old watching Joan and Totie Fields (she was hilarious) with my grandmother. On Ed Sullivan, Tonight Show, The Hollywood Palace, Dean Martin Show. We howled and it's a great memory of mine. I always watched her stand up shows and was sorry I missed her a couple of years ago with Don Rickles. They were never my contemporaries but I love a good joke and delivery. She stayed in tune and stayed fresh.
    Chalet, I grew up with her too, watching her on The Tonight Show. I was fortunate enough to see her perform with Don Rickles a few years ago in my hometown. It was really amazing to see those two legends together. We laughed so hard our stomach muscles hurt the next day. Both of them involved the audience in their act, I was just in awe watching that show.

Joan was sharp as a tack, and never apologized. She paved the way for people like Roseanne, Kathy Griffin, even Amy Poehler & Tina Fey. Joan stated that she says what everyone else is thinking but afraid to say. Her self-deprecating humor was the original. She was one of a kind.
    Lily Bleu likes this.

I know it's weird cause she was 81, but it feels like she was too young to go. She was so alive and vibrant, not old in any way whatsoever.
    czb, sputnik, HWBL and 6 others like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Huffington Post had this clip up yesterday. The main reason I'm posting it is because I honestly thought that Joan Rivers was very pretty and appealing back in the day:

gas_chick and sparkles like this.

Shocked about her friendship with Charles and Camilla.

I'm not. I love Charles and Camilla and you can tell they've got a cheeky sense of humour.
    sluce, Wilson, Sylkyn and 1 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information