Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree944Likes

Thread: Joan Rivers stops breathing during surgery - rushed to hospital

E is doing a special tribute right now. It's hard to watch these heart broken co-workers of Joan's talk about her.

This is so sad, I liked Joan Rivers, she was always so honest and funny. Im going to miss watching her on Fashion Police

I also loved her on Hollywood Squares.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Gold Member

I still can't believe she is gone. RIP Ms. Jone Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post

She was very kind to my brother when he had a young family and worked an extra job at night driving a limo. He was often her driver and picked her up at Philly International, took her to her hotel, and to QVC. She so very kind and always remembered to ask about his 4 kids, and his wife. Around Valentine's Day she gave him jewelry to give to his wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    I knew her slightly years ago, during possibly the best and worst time of her life - the FOX late night gig, getting fired from the show, and Edgar's suicide. The highs and lows of life can illuminate the true character of that person, and Joan Rivers was never anything less than kind and gracious. As I said, it was a brief acquaintance during that turbulent period in her life. Almost ten years later, I happened to be in LA at same time she was performing in a private club, and my husband and I caught the show. She was hilarious, especially after a few drinks, but during intermission she shocked us by not only recognizing us, but remembering our names and even a few details about us; I have extended family whose kids I can't tell apart, much less matching name to adolescent twit. She was an amazing women, and my heart goes out to her family and friends.
    Thanks you guys for sharing that. Am hearing many more stories of her generosity and kindness. What an awesome broad she was.

Originally Posted by sluce

She was very kind to my brother when he had a young family and worked an extra job at night driving a limo. He was often her driver and picked her up at Philly International, took her to her hotel, and to QVC. She so very kind and always remembered to ask about his 4 kids, and his wife. Around Valentine's Day she gave him jewelry to give to his wife.

Originally Posted by lindsaywhit
    I knew her slightly years ago, during possibly the best and worst time of her life - the FOX late night gig, getting fired from the show, and Edgar's suicide. The highs and lows of life can illuminate the true character of that person, and Joan Rivers was never anything less than kind and gracious. As I said, it was a brief acquaintance during that turbulent period in her life. Almost ten years later, I happened to be in LA at same time she was performing in a private club, and my husband and I caught the show. She was hilarious, especially after a few drinks, but during intermission she shocked us by not only recognizing us, but remembering our names and even a few details about us; I have extended family whose kids I can't tell apart, much less matching name to adolescent twit. She was an amazing women, and my heart goes out to her family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Thanks you guys for sharing that. Am hearing many more stories of her generosity and kindness. What an awesome broad she was.
    Yes Thank You. R.I.P Joan.
    SoCalMarie, lindsaywhit and yoyoma like this.

I hate that she wasn't able to have a last word. Would have been a great quote.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Thank you for the laughs, Joan. You will be missed, truly....

I feel as though we're losing all of the laughter/sense of humor in the world, right when we need it (these people) the most

Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Bronze Member

Angry "She" was such a rude bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by suzy83 View Post
    I was right in my pervious post. She was such a rude bitch I don't care how "funny" people thought she was.
    Unbelievably rude and insensitive comment.
    cherrypye likes this.

^Don't pay attention to haters sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    She said she has 'been there' (Israel) and that's how she knows the situation. She also stated this (rockets from hamas) has been 'going on for months.' Given she has been to Israel in the past (not in the last few months) she would be well aware the situation has been going on for decades and not merely 'months' and cannot, and should not be framed as one 'incident' (ie. starting at the kidnapping of the 3 Israeli boys), because it's disingenuous at best, outright lying at worst.

Therefore when she said 'this has been going on for months' she was deliberately lying about the entire situation in order to re-frame the situation to 'prove' the Palestinians deserve to be dead, using her "I've been there" as her authority to make such a claim.

Thank you for clarifying though, I appreciate it. However I stand by my claim that the original rant showed who she really was and her clarification didn't help her much.

Anyway sorry if I have derailed the thread, as you can all probably guess, I'm not a fan of whitewashing the dead.
    who gives a shit if she held opinions you didn't agree with?
    what is with people expecting celebrities to be perfect and to hold perfect, liberal, politically correct views? just as in real life, people are complicated and full of contradictions and have opinions you might not agree with. that doesn't mean you have to stop watching them or stop enjoying their work because of that.
    look, i have a close friend who's siding with putin on the ukraine thing. no, she's not russian. yes, i think her opinion is nuts. does that mean i should end the friendship on the grounds that this is her showing her true colours and that she's a shitty person?

what are you, 12?
    lindsaywhit, czb, *DIVA! and 13 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I just refuse to be entertained by anyone if I don't agree with their view on middle eastern politics. And I won't even listen to music unless I know which side of the Cyprus question the artist comes down on

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I always admired the way she picked herself up after her husband killed himself. What a bitch of a time, husband dead, up to her ass in debt, and not having the best relationship with her daughter at the time. Joan carried on and got her shit together. I may not have agreed with everything she said, and thought that she could be quite mean at times, I loved that she never apologized for what she thought or said. In this PC age that's pretty rare. I read that they let her dogs into the hospital to say goodbye to her as well, which is pretty cool.

The really bad thing about her is that she would wear FUR!
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

As one of many Joan Rangers, I salute you Joan. You made me laugh and laughter helps to heal. Thank you. RIP.
    azoria, rollo and Bluebonnet like this.

Thread Information