Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Like Tree944Likes

Thread: Joan Rivers stops breathing during surgery - rushed to hospital

So the end is very very near then? Am I understanding this last bit of info?

I would say it does not look good for Joan.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Apparently she's just died.

Where are you seeing that update? I'm not seeing anything when I google.

Now that they release the name of the surgery center we know that she did not go to an otolaryngologist. The Drs on staff where she went are Gastro focused.

ETA - I see it on TMZ

Joan Rivers, Legendary Comedienne, Dies at 81
    9/4/2014 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joan Rivers -- who made the world laugh for over 50 years with her jokes, put-downs and one-liners -- has died in NYC ... a week after her heart suddenly stopped beating during vocal cord surgery.

She was 81.

Joan's daughter Melissa Rivers took her mom off life support so she could pass comfortably in a private room.

Rivers is widely credited for opening doors for countless female comedians. She broke through in a big way during her appearances on "The Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson.

She also famously enraged Carson by accepting a gig to host a competing late night show on FOX. Carson never spoke to her again.

Rivers was born in 1933 -- she worked as a writer and fashion consultant before entering show biz as a stand-up comic in the early '60s. She was famously self-deprecating ... often self-critical of her looks and her marriage to Edgar Rosenberg ... who committed suicide in 1987.

Joan's late '80s FOX show tanked, which somewhat derailed her career. It was resurrected in a big way in 2010 in the wake of the documentary "Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work."

She was universally adored by fellow comedians, including fellow legend Don Rickles, who once said about her ... "Joan is not only a very intelligent lady, but extremely masterful at comedy timing. Sharing the stage with her has always been a joy for me."

Barbara Walters was asked about Joan last year, saying ... "I wouldn't dare to try to be funny about Joan Rivers because she is the smartest, best-informed and funniest woman I know."

Joan and her daughter Melissa began working as a team hosting various red carpet and fashion shows on E! and other networks, including "Fashion Police."

Joan's credits could fill a book ... including appearances in "The Muppets Take Manhattan," "The Carol Burnett Show," "Hollywood Squares," "Pee Wee's Playhouse," "Celebrity Apprentice," "Saturday Night Live" ... and on and on.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3CNL5W1wj
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Gold Member

Yep, Yahoo has it as Breaking News on their main page.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

It's on CNN.com

Gold Member

And, not for nothing, you would think E! would have it on their main page before TMZ did. Being that she worked for them and all.
    sluce likes this.

That's really sad , I was hoping she would pull through
    BITTER likes this.

Joan Rivers Dead At Age 81 After She's Taken Off Life Support

The Huffington Post | By Stephanie Marcus

Posted: 09/04/2014 2:59 pm EDT Updated: 1 minute ago

Joan Rivers is dead at age of 81, reports NBC News.

The controversial comedian and "Fashion Police" co-host" was rushed to Mount Sinai hospital in New York on Aug. 28 after she stopped breathing during a surgery on her vocal chords at a clinic, TMZ first reported.

Rivers remained in hospital and was kept on life support as her condition fluctuation,moving in and out of intensive care throughout the week.
    Rivers was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1933, and graduated from Barnard College in 1954. She got her start in show business in the late 1950s appearing in off-Broadways plays and performing standup routines in comedy clubs in Greenwich Village in the 1960s. Her first big break came in 1965, when she made her first appearance on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson." She landed her first syndicated talk show, "The Joan Rivers Show," which last one season, in 1968 and continued to shoot to fame with appearances on "The Tonight Show" and "The Ed Sullivan Show." In the 1970s her star power continued to grow appearing on more variety shows, and 1978 she wrote and directed "Rabbit Test," starring Billy Crystal.

In 1987 she hosted the season-long "The Late Show Starring Joan Rivers," and in 1989 came back to daytime TV with "The Joan Rivers Show."

Rivers had accomplished an incredible amount in her life, but she is perhaps best known for her presence on the red carpet. Joan and her daughter Melissa Rivers "revolutionized the red carpet from a runway -- with little celebrity-reporter interaction -- into its own brand of entertainment that, for many, was just as interesting as the awards ceremony that followed," according to Vanity Fair.

The duo reported on and somewhat terrorized celebrities on the red carpet askingeveryone "Who are you wearing?" from 1996 until around 2004. Rivers focused all of her take-no-prisoners judgements for celebrity fashion on her E! series "Fashion Police," which launched in 2002, and has given the world segments called, "Starlet Or Streetwalker."

Rivers was first married in 1955 to James Sanger, but had the marriage annulled six months later. River's then married Edgar Rosenberg in 1965, and together they welcomed a daughter, Melissa, in 1968. Rosenberg committed suicide in 1987. In 1994, Joan and her daughter would later star as themselves in "Tears and Laughter: The Joan and Melissa Rivers Story," which People magazine called "a "grotesque TV movie that depicts their falling out and eventual rapprochement after the suicide of husband and father Edgar Rosenberg."

Joan Rivers Dead At Age 81 After She's Taken Off Life Support
    Brookie likes this.

Wow, this really surprised me. It felt like she was going to outlive us all. RIP, Joan.

fgg

this makes me sad...i really liked her and hoped she would pull through.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I was hoping she would make it. RIP.

Howard Stern is going to be flipping out. He was really tight with her and had her on his show the whole time. Ironically, he has been off the whole week and won't even be able to talk about it until next Monday.
    sluce and gas_chick like this.

She's Jewish right? The services should be quick.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I was right in my pervious post. She was such a rude bitch I don't care how "funny" people thought she was.

Thread Information