Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Jessica Simpson Reveals Sexual Abuse, Drinking & Pill Problem and Hitting Rock Bottom

Elite Member

Oh, I thought it was supposed to be about Lisa Kudrow. I have no idea where I had heard that, but I'm sure you all know better.

no snark - my gossip knowledge was woefully sparse until I found this site.
    sprynkles likes this.

I just re-read it from the horse's mouth. Mayer wrote that song when he was 14. The song was released in 2002 when he was dating JLH, which is why everyone assumed the song was about her.
    mostroop likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

I thought he had said it was about JLH. I'm confused. Why are we talking about John Mayer? Did I miss something in the Jessica articles?
    rollo likes this.

Obviously I was remembering wrong. I remember the "sexual napalm" comment that was about Jessica. Maybe that's why I'm thinking I remembered that song was about her too.

But if it was about JLH? And when they were young? Yuck.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

No it’s not about JLH. He wrote it when he was a kid. They were grown when they dated.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

Jessica Simpson says confronting her abuser was part of her healing process

Jessica Simpson — who makes revelations about addiction and childhood sexual abuse in her upcoming memoir — said confronting her abuser was part of her healing process.

In “Open Book,” Simpson talks for the first time publicly about being abused by a family friend’s daughter between the ages of 6 and 12 before eventually telling her parents, writing: “It would start with tickling my back and then go into things that were extremely uncomfortable.”

In a new interview with People, Simpson, 39, reflects: “I needed to confront my abuser. It was extremely painful and still is. It’s still shocking. That little girl in me wanting to do the right thing, not knowing how to stand up for herself and not knowing how to stop it.”

She added: “I felt like a lot of who I am, the character of who I am, was built through the trials and the pain of abuse. I allowed it to happen, so I felt that I was as much of the abuser as the abused. So I was very shameful during that time, from 6 to 12 years old.”

In her memoir, Simpson details a years-long addiction to alcohol and pills she says could have killed her, which partially stemmed from the trauma surrounding her abuse. She eventually got sober in late 2017 after nearly hitting “rock-bottom.”

Simpson, now a mother of three with husband Eric Simpson, also appeared on the “Today” show this week, telling Hoda Kotb she struggled with how to tell her parents, Joe and Tina Simpson, about the abuse.

“I was a preacher’s daughter,” she said. “I was taught to be a virgin until I got married, and so I never wanted to share these sexual things that were happening because I didn’t want to hurt anybody.”

She said of her parents’ reaction: “(T)they did the best that they could. That’s a heavy thing to hear from your child … They ignored it with their words, for sure, but they took action, and I never had to do the sleepovers again. I never had to go back.”

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/29/jessi...aling-process/

i guess i didn't process at first that this was a little girl who abused her. i hope someone reported the abuse that little girl was obviously experiencing that she acted out on jessica.
    Waterslide likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I don't think she says how old the family friend's daughter was. She could have been older.

Simpson, now a mother of three with husband Eric Simpson
    Pretty sure her husband’s last name is Johnson. Any case, I know it’s not Simpson.

Haha, nice catch.
    holly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post

Pretty sure her husband’s last name is Johnson. Any case, I know it’s not Simpson.
    it might as well be....

I wonder if she still doesn't brush her teeth?
    DawnM74 likes this.

Elite Member

It seems to me that Jessica Simpson hit rock bottom when she dated John Mayer. I like his music, but he seems like such a asshole.

“I was a preacher’s daughter,” she said. “I was taught to be a virgin until I got married, and so I never wanted to share these sexual things that were happening because I didn’t want to hurt anybody.”

She said of her parents’ reaction: “(T)they did the best that they could. That’s a heavy thing to hear from your child … They ignored it with their words, for sure, but they took action, and I never had to do the sleepovers again. I never had to go back.”
    yeah, not good enough and her parents deserve part of the blame. 1, for raising her to think sex is shameful and you have to be a virgin until marriage, and 2, for how they reacted to the news.

i have a friend who was molested by a friend of her parents. he was staying with them and in the middle of the night left the guest bedroom and got in bed with my friend. she ended up jumping out of bed and running to her sister's room for the rest of the night and the next day she told her parents. first, they questioned if she was sure it had happened and if she hadn't made it up, and then they proceeded to sweep it under the rug and never talk about it again. they also cut off contact with the guy and he never stayed with them again but they didn't confront him either, nor did they talk about it with my friend and make sure she understood that she hadn't done anything wrong.
    even today, she says her parents reaction did far more damage than the abuse itself and she's still angry with them for how they reacted. it was their reaction that made her feel ashamed or like she'd done something wrong, more than the abuse.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Default Tony Romo Dumped Jessica Simpson Over John Mayer Cheating Suspicion

Jessica Simpson claims Tony Romo broke up with her back in 2009 because he thought she was cheating on him with John Mayer.

Simpson spells out the whole thing in her new book "Open Book" -- in which she finally breaks her silence on the demise of her 2-year relationship with the former Dallas Cowboys QB. Long story short, Simpson claims she ran into Mayer at her parents house and didn't tell Romo, but he eventually found out through an email from John to Jess.

"[Tony] accused me of seeing John behind his back. I hadn’t cheated on Tony at all, but I could not lie and say I hadn’t even seen him," Simpson said.

Jessica told Tony "nothing happened" ... but Romo didn't buy her story because ... well, John Mayer.

"Tony didn’t believe that for a second. And within that second, he broke up with me right there. Two years, gone with an email."

Simpson says she knew Romo wouldn't blab to the media about the real reason for the split because "it would imply that he wasn't enough for me."

Jessica says eventually "Tony soon realized I was telling the truth. Of course I didn’t cheat on him."

"But our breakup had been so ugly that it shocked me into realizing it had been necessary."

As for Mayer, Jessica claims the musician made a full-court press to put a ring on it.

"[John] had said all these things, practically asking my parents for my hand in marriage while I was in a serious relationship. Swearing to me up and down that he was a changed man."

"Now here I was, ready to pledge my love back, and to kiss him as the curtain came down. And it fell on my head ... All this time, all those years, he was breaking up with me to torture himself enough to get good material."

In other words, Jessica was convinced John just wanted to try to be with her so he could get content for his music.

"It felt inevitable to be in love with John, so I continued talking to him for months. But I knew now not to let him get close enough to shoot me down again."

Everyone ultimately moved on with their lives ... Jessica married ex-NFL tight end Eric Johnson. Romo married beauty queen Candice Crawford.

And Mayer moved on to, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Aniston and Katy Perry. But he's currently single.

Fun Fact -- Jessica famously bought Tony Romo a $100,000 boat as a birthday present before they broke up ... but told TMZ at the time she wasn't going to ask for it back!

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/04/tony-...ayer-cheating/

fgg

Jessica Simpson Had 'Emotional Affair' with Johnny Knoxville During Nick Lachey Marriage

Jessica Simpson says she and Johnny Knoxville never got physical while filming "The Dukes of Hazzard" together, but had an emotional affair while they were both married to other people.

In her new memoir, "Open Book," Simpson opened up about her relationship with Knoxville while also discussing the end of her marriage to Nick Lachey. Around the time she filmed the comedy, she and Nick were already having serious issues -- and started a flirtation with Knoxville on set.

"Sigh, Johnny. The boy from Tennessee, as I coded him in my diary," she wrote in the book. "First off, we were both married, so this wasn't going to get physical. But to me, an emotional affair was worse than a physical one."

"It's funny, I know, because I had placed such an emphasis on sex by not having it before marriage," Simpson continued. "After I actually had sex, I understood that the emotional part was what mattered. And Johnny and I had that, which seemed far more of a betrayal to my marriage than sex."

According to Simpson, they could talk to each other for hours and she loved his "mix of adrenaline and intelligence."

"I could share the deepest authentic thoughts with him, and he didn't roll his eyes at me," she added. "He actually liked that I was smart and embraced my vulnerabilities. He didn't make fun of me, he laughed with me. He believed in me and made me feel like I could do anything."

She noted that Lachey, at the time, did not make her feel the same way. "We were open about the challenges of our marriages and why we felt we had to honor those vows by sticking with the marriage," Simpson added.

While Simpson's BFF CaCee Cobb told her what she was doing was disrespectful to Nick, Simpson and Knoxville continued their flirtation. Jessica said Nick was "suspicious" about what she was doing in Baton Rouge, where they were filming, and eventually joined her down there.

After filming was done, the two costars kept in touch via e-mail. "We wrote these flowery love letters back and forth, often at night with Nick passed out in the bed next to me," she revealed. "We talked about music, and I would listen to the Johnny Cash songs he suggested just to feel like we were still together."

Saying they were like "prison pen pals" kept apart by "our respective spouses," Jessica would delete the messages out of fear her husband would see them. She eventually deleted Knoxville's number from her phone, but they still kept in contact via e-mail.

"I began to realize contact with him was an addiction, and I would make these grand pronouncements that each time was the last time," she wrote. "I was grateful that he had expanded my worldview and made me appreciate so many things about culture, but I needed to walk away. This wasn't a game."

After she and Nick split in 2005, Simpson claimed Knoxville texted her asking how she walked away from her marriage. "You just have to do it," she told him. While Knoxville and wife Melanie Lynn Clapp split in 2018, Simpson said "it was too late for us."

TooFab has reached out to Johnny Knoxville for comment.

https://toofab.com/2020/02/04/jessic...lenick-lachey/

this book really has a lot of dirt in it. i read something yesterday where she said she's had two tummy tucks. who knew?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information