Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: Jessica Simpson is married

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by firebrat1229 View Post
    On a completely superficial side note, her voice annoys the living shit out of me.

That baby-talk shit on those Weight Watchers commercials. Ugh, like nails on a fucking chalkboard.
    She talks like she has marbles in her mouth. If he's not playing, and all she's doing it WW, how are they making any money?
    firebrat1229 and Callalily like this.

fgg

that inspiration board scares me (wheat??) but she looks nice in that picture. i'm sure the dress will be a monstrosity.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but all that wedding dress for a second marriage? I wore a green sheath dress for mine and I was 29!
    It's not just you...a bit over the top for someone with 2 marriages and 2 kids with the current hubby. But then again, something small and tasteful doesn't sell a People mag cover story, now does it?

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    She talks like she has marbles in her mouth. If he's not playing, and all she's doing it WW, how are they making any money?
    Shocking I know, but Jess has a LOT of money and it's not from WW. See below:

BONUS: Jessica Simpson reportedly is a lot richer than you think

Wikimedia Commons

Net worth: One writer thinks it's nearly $1 billion (it's probably nowhere near that). The logic is that her accessories company apparently pulled in $750 million this year alone.
    (Assuming this sales figure is true, Simpson's net worth would depend heavily on how much of the company she owns, whether her company keeps 100% of that revenue or only a tiny royalty, and how profitable the company is. In any event, that's a lot of accessories.)

How she made her fortune: Jessica Simpson is not just a singer and an actress. She has a successful accessories line which sells shoes, bags, jewelry and sunglasses. Not to mention she's on the cover of multiple magazines. She also released her own fragrance, "Fancy."

Thanks to the $750 million it raked in this year, it looks like her shoe and bag business has a real shot of becoming a billion-dollar company.

Read more: Meet 20 People Who Became Billionaires This Year - Business Insider
    Raff likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Silver Member

her clothing line is terrible and way overpriced for how cheap it is

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post

Pimp mama Kris is foaming at the missed Ka$h

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohJulia View Post
    her clothing line is terrible and way overpriced for how cheap it is
    Agreed.

She is like all the other 99.99% of Celebrity "Designers" (*cough* *cough* Kanye). They blatantly plagiarize high-end designer's designs, get the items manufactured for a lot cheaper. Then mark up the knock-off 100%+ from what it costs to be produced.

Now, I know there is only so many different ways to design a shoe, but I don't understand how she (and other celebs with "lines") get away with blatant plagiarism.

So, since the average consumer can't afford the Christian Loub's "Straratata" ($995), they go for the Jessica Simpson "Evangal" ($98.00)
    Jessica is just capitalizing on the the basics of Econ 101.

Shoe Dazzle is another example. They advertise awesome deals ( ) - shoes at just $39.95!! OMG!
    But in reality, the "designer"-looking shoe probably costs not more than $20 to manufacture.
    Oh, and Kim Krapdashian is one of the "founders" of Shoe Dazzle, so that site is one I avoid - for that specific reason

I'm all for a deal on a good-looking shoe. Designer or not. But the whole "copy designers then slap a celebrity name on it and mark it up like crazy just because of the celeb's name" is just not my style.

Palermo and BelledeJour like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

I keep reading she's just "playing" a dumb blonde, but I don't believe it. She clearly has good people working for her. I think she's dumber than a bag of rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    Did Jessica's loser husband ever get a job? I think he just mooches off of her
    Isn't that a fulltime job in itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    should have put her fucking hair up, especially with that much dress.
    at least she's not wearing fucking hoops but i bet money she had on a pair of her monstrous stripper platforms.
    If it's good enough for waity - Katie, it's good enough for some texas pretend princess get-up.....

Man, SoCal. I had no idea her shoes were such blatant rip offs. I can't believe no one has sued her.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

That is a pretty photo of her in the veil.
    card likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    She talks like she has marbles in her mouth.
    I remember when Roger Ebert reviewed the Dukes of Hazard movie. He said she spoke her lines as if English was her second language.

Elite Member

I forgot about her "designing."

Gold Member

Wow, I never realized just how blatantly obvious it is that she steals designs. I will say this though, I own 2-3 pairs of her shoes and they are freaking comfortable.
    Callalily likes this.

Doesn't everyone rip off shoe designs and clothing designs? When something becomes popular and cost a ton, you can always find "copies" of them at the discount and lower end stores for less money.

It's true. Have you ever been to Zara? All of it is straight off the runways.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information