Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Jessica Simpson looks to triple her profits by merging with Sequential Brands Group

Yes. I have never seen any of her stuff in stores but have read lots of positive comments about it. Unlike DASH LOL

I think she can be a dipshit....but she had a plan and worked with some smart people, and it has paid off in spades. And she didn't take the attention seeking and trashy road like the K'douchians did.
    HWBL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Why not? Pretty common to say something along those lines in business related communications. No one ever says "Here's to going Chapter 11"
    It's common enough here if one reads the FT, just worded slightly differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    She just licenses her name. But it was a very lucrative deal for her because the company she licensed it to knows what they're doing. A licensee pays the licensor a percentage of total sales- say 20% for example, the more sales they make the higher that dollar amount goes.

She's as much of a 'designer' as any other celeb with a line, but she's more successful than most if not all. Her brand's price point is where the real money is, with the largest consumer base and markup.
    It could have been Britney!!! lol!
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    Free Charmed.

This makes me happy, I have a soft spot for her and it's lovely to see someone being successful on such a grand scale.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Gold Member

I don't have any of her clothing but I own three pairs of her shoes and they are the most comfortable high heels ever. And I'm NOT a high heels person by any means.
    Palermo likes this.

her line is basically a lower priced mash up of nine west/vince camuto/bcbg/michael kors. generic and popular and with a huge market. i agree that it's definitely a smart business model. the clothes are way too polyester-y but i've seen some cute designs here and there. not a fan of the shoes though. some of them are cute and/or just normal looking but they're all pleather so that's a no for me. but a lot of them point upward at the front (huge shoe pet peeve of mine) and/or have huge stripper platforms.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Given that Vincent Camuto was/is the licensee of the name, that is hardly surprising. If you'd sub'd Tory Birsh for Kors you'd've had a full house!!!

Vince Camuto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Free Charmed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information