Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Jessica Alba: "I Never Slept My Way Through Hollywood"

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    ^ I don't mean to single you out but there are people in this world who don't bang everything/everyone the minute they get a chance. I know a lot of people who are not casual about their sexuality and who they share it with. Not everyone who says so it a liar.
    I have a hard time believing she got anywhere on her talent she is a horrible actress.
    SoCalMarie and MohandasKGanja like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I don't think she got anywhere for her talent, just her looks. That doesn't mean she had to sleep with people though, even though that's common in Hollywood.

Hit By Ban Bus!

If she didn't fuck for her roles, she sure as hell sucked for her roles. She can't act her way out of a paper bag, so she didn't get these roles based on merit.
    Jazzy and twitchy2.0 like this.

No, she never slept her way through Hollywood, she was wide awake while she fucked for those roles.
    BITTER, arie_skop, Jazzy and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    In terms of a career right now, she is nowhere. I certainly hope you don't have to sleep with someone to go there. That's like the high school freshman who buys a pass to the non-existent school pool.
    She is known as a "mocktress". Someone who spends more time on magazine covers and at red carpet events than any real acting. The only film of hers that I liked was Into the Blue. But that was mainly for Paul Walker and the cheese factor. Not because of her acting.

And she shagged that human petri dish Derek Jeter. If word about that got out, I don't doubt that she didn't sleep around in Hollywood - who'd want to touch it?? Jeter is rumored to have had several STDs and cut a spirochete-wide swath through a bevy of B-list actresses and models, including yours truly.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Wasn't she the one who was secretly dating 50 cent but broke up with him because her publicists thought it would wreck her 'good girl' image?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    She annoys me, but I believe her.

She hasn't really been put in any high profile or prolific roles, where she doesn't make sense. All of her roles (unless I am forgetting roles), are really just "body" roles.
    The only thing that makes me suspicious is her association with Robert Rodriguez. He has cast her in multiple films, and he is already known for sleeping with another underwhelming actress who he has cast (Rose McGowan) as well as trying to cast her in films just because she is his girlfriend. Gawker has an article about how he tried to get financing for a remake of "Barbarella" with McGowan as the lead.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    ^ I don't mean to single you out but there are people in this world who don't bang everything/everyone the minute they get a chance. I know a lot of people who are not casual about their sexuality and who they share it with. Not everyone who says so it a liar.
    Thank you!

If anything I think she would have got FURTHER if she'd slept with producers and execs for roles, but as others have said she's done it on looks rather than talent. She's boob candy in anything a guy would like to watch and the consolation prize for anything they have to sit through with their wives and girlfriends.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Thank you!

If anything I think she would have got FURTHER if she'd slept with producers and execs for roles, but as others have said she's done it on looks rather than talent. She's boob candy in anything a guy would like to watch and the consolation prize for anything they have to sit through with their wives and girlfriends.
    I don't know. As Gawker's article (Robert Rodriguez Salvages His Once-Promising Career By Relieving Rose McGowan Of Her Girlfriend Duties) says, you can sleep with a producer and get them to push you and put you in roles, but financiers are going to put a limit on more high-visibility and bigger-budget projects.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't know. As Gawker's article (Robert Rodriguez Salvages His Once-Promising Career By Relieving Rose McGowan Of Her Girlfriend Duties) says, you can sleep with a producer and get them to push you and put you in roles, but financiers are going to put a limit on more high-visibility and bigger-budget projects.
    You bring up a good point.
    It makes me think of all the actresses that slept with producers and directors that didn't get parts they were "promised" because of financiers/someone else who has casting control.

So... actresses could use "I've never slept with someone for a part" and make it sound believable, if they didn't get the part (they opened their legs for).

I've also seen firsthand, actresses/models sleep there way up to getting an audition/meeting. I have a friend in the industry that knows/works with a lot casting directors, agency heads - and he gets an abundance of tail from women who just want to get meetings with higher ups.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

She's hot and sometimes that is all it takes to get into a movie. Amber Heard is another. She is doing stuff outside of acting that I can applaud with her Honest Company.
    czb, SoCalMarie and ShilohJulia like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Silver Member

Not that I'm a huge fan of Jessica but she seems to be a good employee, meaning she shows up on time, she's sober and knows her lines. Granted in the real world this isn't seen as a selling point for someone but in Hollywood it helps.

Yeah in the real world showing up to work on time and doing your job the way you're supposed to while sober is the least of what's expected of one. If Hollywood held their actors to a similar standard there would be a drastic reduction in the costs of completing films.
    southernbelle likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I dont know if she fucked her way up and i dont care.I hate that she points the finger at those who did though..

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Yeah in the real world showing up to work on time and doing your job the way you're supposed to while sober is the least of what's expected of one. If Hollywood held their actors to a similar standard there would be a drastic reduction in the costs of completing films.
    Can you imagine the nightmare of trying to supervise Lindsay Lohan in a corporate setting? The time you'd have to spend writing her up for all her failures and broken rules, helicopter parent Dina coming in to yell at you, Lohan running to the bathroom every five minutes and stealing all the TP, accusing everyone else of trying to sabotage her, calling in sick every week while Tweeting pics of where she actually is then denying it to your face when you show her the Tweets.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information