Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: Jessa Duggar Is Being Courted by a Boy Named Ben

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    the 3rd daughter? what's wrong with the older one that isn't the other married one? no other like-minded boys going after her or they only let one kid date at a time?
    The oldest daughter, Jana, is apparently smart and is still single!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; April 21st, 2015 at 12:46 PM.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    The oldest daughter, Jana, is apparently smart and is still single!
    Jana is apparently called "Cinderella" by followers of the show. She hasn't been featured in any of the episodes for a few years now. You catch a glimpse of her in the background or they may mention her but she isn't directly involved. I read elsewhere that she's told JB that she's looking into Christian colleges and moving out.

Silver Member

Oh crap, knocked up already?! Now I'm hoping she's popping one out right away just to shut up her loony parents who don't believe in birth control. I guess years and years of being inundated with all that doctrine and no access to the real outside world did the job.
    i don't even watch their show, just makes me stabby.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    the 3rd daughter? what's wrong with the older one that isn't the other married one? no other like-minded boys going after her or they only let one kid date at a time?
    yeah you dont really want your main house maid to marry and move away. You might need to train a new one or actually start raising your own children.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Or maybe they are creepy assholes who like the idea of obedient virgin bride.
    czb, twitchy2.0 and Lalasnake like this.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Who isn't to say they don't have shitty, awful relationships? You can't tell the health of a relationship from wedding announcements and pregnancies
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Yeah. Me too. She and Ben seem pretty cool.
    Didn't he come out with some shit bashing Catholics? I'm not religious but these fundies seem to be bigoted against everyone who's not in their little quiverful cult.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

....great, decent man...
    Oxymoron alert!!!
    levitt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Jana is apparently called "Cinderella" by followers of the show. She hasn't been featured in any of the episodes for a few years now. You catch a glimpse of her in the background or they may mention her but she isn't directly involved. I read elsewhere that she's told JB that she's looking into Christian colleges and moving out.
    Jana seems to be on every show that I see. Last night's show she was shopping with the family at the local thrift store picking out a few things for Jessa's homecoming. Then later she's interviewed about decorating the house. She seems the most quiet, has a shy way about herself. She has a twin brother, John. I find her very likeable. Last night's teaser was Josie has a seizure and is rushed to the hospital. (The premy)

Silver Member

It must be awful to have crazy parents like theirs, and to feel obligated to start popping out babies to keep the gravy train rolling.

Since Grandma brood mare has had to shut up shop, she must be continually reminding her daughters about the "tick tocking" of the TLC clock.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Didn't he come out with some shit bashing Catholics? I'm not religious but these fundies seem to be bigoted against everyone who's not in their little quiverful cult.
    Yeah, Ben is also the one who tweeted? said? Facebooked? that the resurrection of jesus is a historical FACT which cannot be disputed. The Dillard son-in-law is posting equally dumbass shit, like comparing his son's birth to Revelations. Jim Bob has had a profound effect on his SILs. He's making them compete to take over his spot has head missionary in christ for TLC.
    Janus likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Jana is the real mom of the house. To the little kids, anyway.
    Janus likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Their situation reminds me my grandmother who was eldest of 12 kids. She raised those younger ones while the mom just pushed out more. My grandmother married at 21 to first man who proposed her just to get the fuck out of the mad house.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Jana is the real mom of the house. To the little kids, anyway.
    It's like when Josie has her seizures. Jana is the one on the phone with 911 and with her at the hospital. Where the hell are Jim Bob Side Part and Michelle?!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Off trying to make baby #34 or whatever number they're up to now?
    Bluebonnet and Kittylady like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Thread Information