Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Jeremy Renner's divorce finalized

Yeah, I thought he flipped houses, too. And no, I don't get how he'd be broke.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Gee, what a coincidence. The news that he's trying to reduce his payments comes out and he releases a clip of him dressed up to play with his daughter.

"In these CRAZY times for all of us, we’re finding CREATIVE ways to keep our spirits up, body and minds active, and our hearts full. Much love to everyone out there !
    #threetoed#staysafe"

Clip:
    https://twitter.com/Renner4Real/status/1242515783785172992?s=20

Iíd imagine he falls into what many millionaires do; heís not completely liquid on that estimated 50 million.

Owning property such as homes in the best of times, takes awhile to sell/liquify.

Also, Iíve never understood the insane support numbers people pay/receive. 30k for a young child is a ton of money monthly.

i don't have a problem with this. and i bet he's not the only divorced person doing the same right now.
    celebrities are basically rich freelancers. they make a lot of money but it's not a steady, regular income. and if all production stops from here to the end of the year (likely), he's not making any money in 2020, and will probably be drastically reducing his spending until the situation improves. i don't think it's unreasonable to make this request, given the massive hit this represents for his income. it might seem that way to us mere mortals but if the idea is that child support is so that kids can have a similar lifestyle at both parents' houses, if he has to reduce spending and change lifestyles, albeit temporarily, it would make sense for his ex to share in some of those austerity measures as well and reduce non-essential spending and take less child support payments, which i believe are calculated based on income.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I can't ever hear the word otter and not think of this. Dis. Renner's really not this cute though.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Imagine how cute he'd look cracking oysters on his chest.
    sprynkles, Jadestone and Kittylady like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

^^^My main problem with this is him insulting the mother of his daughter over this, I don't think that his daughter feels good reading this stuff.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    ^^^My main problem with this is him insulting the mother of his daughter over this, I don't think that his daughter feels good reading this stuff.
    they both have a pattern of doing this though. my guess is they're both assholes in their own way. he's a mess and she sounds like a grifter.
    DawnM74, Kittylady, rollo and 3 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I’d imagine he falls into what many millionaires do; he’s not completely liquid on that estimated 50 million.

Owning property such as homes in the best of times, takes awhile to sell/liquify.

Also, I’ve never understood the insane support numbers people pay/receive. 30k for a young child is a ton of money monthly.
    30k is a lot of money per month. but when you consider how much mortgages are in urban areas, it makes more sense. it's not like the kid should live in a dump when the other parent lives in a palace.

but yeah, both these parents sound like tools.
    DawnM74 and mostroop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    30k is a lot of money per month. but when you consider how much mortgages are in urban areas, it makes more sense. it's not like the kid should live in a dump when the other parent lives in a palace.

but yeah, both these parents sound like tools.
    Iím NYC born and bred, believe me when I say I understand cost of living in such urban areas. Even in swanky areas like Greenwich, CT and upper Westchester Count, NY a mortgage is by no means that expensive. Running the whole household isnít that expensive monthly.

I understand educational needs and other expenses are most likely combined into that CS number but it still boggles for me.

I donít think the child should live in poverty conditions but letís be real; that number is insane.

Like I said, I know it's normal to reduce child support payments based on lack of income, and I don't have a problem with Jeremy's being cut because he's protected by laws, too, but I think it's a bit convenient that he was so quick on the trigger the second the coronavirus excuse presented itself. It's tacky and a sympathy/attention grab which is pretty much solidified by the stupid tweet. He's not some single dad who is scrambling to get a thousand dollars to feed and shelter a child and whose picture is about to be thrown up on the deadbeat dads website.

And yeah, I realize the $50m isn't liquid which is why I suggested he sell something if the need is so dire and sure, it could take a bit, but I'm still not believing he doesn't have access to $30,000 for this month and the next at least.

I agree that he's an asshole and she's probably a grifter and they probably enjoy the drama. They're kind of like poor man's Depp and Heard only at least they don't have a kid.
    Trixie likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Child support is worked out to a matrix on% terms.
    He would have had to provide evidence of his income so that this could be calculated.

Whilst I understand the whole “it doesn’t cost $30k/month” statements I also get that if his income is $250k/month why shouldn’t the kids mom get a reasonable percentage of that to provide a decent home, paid for healthcare, school fees etc etc etc.

There are issues with both parents IMO.
    Nevan, czb, Waterslide and 4 others like this.

Jeremy dropped some new music on Friday.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SnQEt8Mmk2Y

^omg, is that real life? He can't sing even with autotune!
    ShimmeringGlow and Honeythorn like this.

His "singing" is a mess.
    Waterslide likes this.

Never was a fan, and after this bullshit, I'm even less so now.
    greysfang likes this.
    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information