Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Jenny McCarthy Fires Back at Critics in New Column: "I Am Not Anti-Vaccine"

Just asking, but didn't Jim Carrey have a flourishing career before he got involved with this dingbat?

^^^^ Jim Carrey is an odd duck. I saw him on a show a while back saying he's med free (he has stated he's bipolar) and was also involved in Jenny's "truth" about autism and vaccines. He was nutso on his meds, so .... that could be a reason why he's either voluntarily or involuntarily taking a break from acting if he's still off them. I have a BIL with bipolar and his is considered on the milder side and my grandmother was very bipolar towards the end (she went from mild to severe over a few decades). They both always would get to the point multiple times that they felt they no longer needed meds (because the meds they were on made them feel better) and go off them and then chaos would ensue. It's a horrible disease.

I can't believe (oh yes I can) that some people are still drinking this swill about vaccines and autism. It is rampart in our family (4 out of 5 grandkids). Granted it is Aspergers and not so severe, but my husband had it and both the son-in-laws have it. Gee, do you think it might be genetic?
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

I live very close to an "autism cluster". It's very curious.

She's an asshole, plain and simple.
    Novice and darksithbunny like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^^ Jim Carrey is an odd duck. I saw him on a show a while back saying he's med free (he has stated he's bipolar) and was also involved in Jenny's "truth" about autism and vaccines. He was nutso on his meds, so .... that could be a reason why he's either voluntarily or involuntarily taking a break from acting if he's still off them. I have a BIL with bipolar and his is considered on the milder side and my grandmother was very bipolar towards the end (she went from mild to severe over a few decades). They both always would get to the point multiple times that they felt they no longer needed meds (because the meds they were on made them feel better) and go off them and then chaos would ensue. It's a horrible disease.
    Thanks for the info. I wondered what happened to him. I too have had bipolar family & friends and you just don't know what the heck is going on. While many of Carrey's movies weren't my cup of tea, he was great in The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine. Hope he's finding peace in his own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I live very close to an "autism cluster". It's very curious.
    The idea of an autism cluster is interesting. Apparently, I live in the middle of an autism cluster. From what I've read, there are these "clusters" but not because of potential causes of autism, but because of an increased awareness if you have a neighbor, friend, playmate, classmate, etc. that has autism. If that happens, you are more likely to have your child evaluated for autism. Also, clusters tend to be in more affluent areas where people are more likely to push for a diagnosis and/or have the resources to have their child evaluated early and privately.

I'm actually sick to death of this whole autism/vaccination argument. There are real, potential dangers to our children out there and these lunatics are filling peoples head with garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    The idea of an autism cluster is interesting. Apparently, I live in the middle of an autism cluster. From what I've read, there are these "clusters" but not because of potential causes of autism, but because of an increased awareness if you have a neighbor, friend, playmate, classmate, etc. that has autism. If that happens, you are more likely to have your child evaluated for autism. Also, clusters tend to be in more affluent areas where people are more likely to push for a diagnosis and/or have the resources to have their child evaluated early and privately.

I'm actually sick to death of this whole autism/vaccination argument. There are real, potential dangers to our children out there and these lunatics are filling peoples head with garbage.
    KrisNine - I had all the routine vaccinations & boosters back in the 50s. By the time I was grown people didn't think about many of the horrible diseases, thinking they had been eradicated. I worked at an international airport & contracted whooping cough in my 30s. Trust - if massive pain doesn't scare you, combine it with the inability to breathe. I broke a rib coughing.

I can't imagine subjecting an infant or small child to that misery.

Have you seen Amanda Peet's PSAs about making informed decisions about vaccinations? She comes across as thoughtful & caring. Unlike...oh, I give up.
    KrisNine and Novice like this.

^^I do remember Amanda Peet and her PSA. I think she mentioned that either her brother or her brother-in-law being a doctor or pediatrician.

My third grade teacher had polio when she was younger. She wore braces on her legs. I don't want us to see kids ending up with something like that.

My Mom was telling me how every summer, you could feel the fear that someone was going to come down with polio. And a few of her classmates did. One died and the other one still can't walk. It's scary to think this shit can come back.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^I do remember Amanda Peet and her PSA. I think she mentioned that either her brother or her brother-in-law being a doctor or pediatrician.

My third grade teacher had polio when she was younger. She wore braces on her legs. I don't want us to see kids ending up with something like that.
    My stepdad got polio when he was a kid. He was diagnosed with post-polio syndrome a few years ago, and that has fucked up his body, more than the polio did. He has neuropathy from mid-thigh to toes in both legs, and his muscles in his arms and legs get weaker as the months go by. He will be walking and his legs will just suddenly go out from under him, and he barely has the hand strength to twist open a bottle. He got polio before the vaccine was invented, but he is the reason my kids got their DTaP.

My Mom has a few friends with post-polio syndrome and they say it is bad, like Boogs said. It's so sad that they managed to survive and are still paying the price all these years later. And people avoid the vaccine.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

My uncle had polio, and one of the lasting effects was that one leg was a full inch shorter than the other. Eventually, dealing with that destroyed his hips.

I never knew of the post-polio syndrome. How sad.

Mo, my teacher had one leg shorter than the other. She wore a special shoe on one of the braces. Some days, she didn't wear the braces, just those forearm type crutches.

I never knew of the post-polio syndrome. How sad.

Mo, my teacher had one leg shorter than the other. She wore a special shoe on one of the braces. Some days, she didn't wear the braces, just those forearm type crutches.
    I could never figure out why my uncle never wore those corrective shoes. Instead, he just limped along, swinging his shorter leg around as he went along, which made the guy even scarier to me. He was a pilot, though, so at least he didn't have a job where he had to walk around like that all day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information