Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony: We Are Ending Our Marriage

Ending our marriage is the pretentious way of saying we're divorcing. Everything about her to me says pretense, lies and image. Except when she opens her mouth and the Bronx comes out. He doesn't even make it on to my radar. Who's the next victim? I know! Eddie Cibrian. That's what gossip dreams are made of.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    Ay Dios Mio! She's a bitch,but he's an even bigger asshole.
    This exactly I wonder who her next unsuspecting victim will be..
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    this is jlo's third divorce too...
    I actually meant J.Lo not Marc.

I think the only person Jennifer loves is Jennifer herself.
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

Silver Member

Wonder if this would be a good time to ask Ted if he has any updates on "Strip Ya Rip Ya"?

He may partially confirm, who knows???

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah who knows, who cares, they're both trash huh

i can't believe i read this whole thread!

Elite Member

True, Marc has been her longest relationship, but Jennifer's desire for children kept her there longer than she wanted to be. There was an agenda on her part, I don't believe she was with him out of blind love. Supposedly she had fertility issues and she couldn't get pregnant for some time. I still suspect they were in vitro babies but the truth may not ever come out. The twins just turned 3 yrs old, they're still toddlers. 1 or 2 yrs for the honeymoon period, another 2 yrs or so for her to get pregnant, then the 3 yrs since their birth...averages about 7 yrs. It was only a matter of time before her hot pants got her a steppin'.

Bronze Member

I wonder if her manager Benny Medina plays a role in this divorce? For years he has followed JLO and Marc around wherever they went, and his sole purpose was to work on making JLO a big star again, and he did thanks to American Idol.

I use to wonder how Marc could stand Benny hanging around them all the time. Every high-profiled even they attended, Benny was somewhere in the background, even when they went on vacation. Marc may have thought it was okay for Benny to hang around but it could be that Benny was advising JLO and conspiring against Marc, thus the divorce.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Ending our marriage is the pretentious way of saying we're divorcing. Everything about her to me says pretense, lies and image. Except when she opens her mouth and the Bronx comes out. He doesn't even make it on to my radar. Who's the next victim? I know! Eddie Cibrian. That's what gossip dreams are made of.
    Don't threaten me with a good time there Missy! Getting me all excited! That would be possibly the most hilarious scenario, except for Eddie leaving LR for a man, imho. Still hoping for a man, but will take JLo as a close second! Great thought!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopqueen View Post
    Wonder if this would be a good time to ask Ted if he has any updates on "Strip Ya Rip Ya"?

He may partially confirm, who knows???
    Sooooo many people have asked him already---per the message boards. Asked him everyway to Tuesday and I doubt he will confirm much more than he already has....

It should have been the glittering highlight of their seven-year union.

Multi-millionaire superstars Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony were due to be guests of honour at the top table with Prince William and Kate at last weekend’s glittering Bafta gala in Hollywood.

Instead, J-Lo sashayed down the red carpet in a provocatively clinging green Pucci gown accompanied by her mother, Guadalupe, a former kindergarten teacher from the Bronx. She was also missing her wedding ring.

Mum's the word: Jennifer Lopez and her mother Lupe meet Prince William and his wife Catherine at the Bafta gala in Hollywood

Royal aides, along with the singer-actress’s millions of fans, were mystified.

But on Friday night in a statement issued through J-Lo’s publicist, the couple, worth an estimated £240 million, announced they are to divorce.

They called the decision ‘painful’ and ‘difficult’. But The Mail on Sunday has spoken to several of the couple’s closest confidantes and can reveal they began to drift apart three years after their marriage in June 2004.

More...

‘This is not a surprise,’ J-Lo’s stylist Phillip Bloch said in an exclusive interview last night.

‘Marc is very controlling. In the beginning she liked that because he stood up to her, and in the early days he was very much in love with her and she was with him.’

Couple: Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony seem close as they attend a Hollywood function

But the couple are said to have begun to squabble soon after 41-year-old J-Lo’s mother moved into their Long Island, New York mansion in 2008 to help look after their newborn twins.

‘They also clashed when she learned he owed millions in unpaid taxes on the Long Island estate,’ said film-maker Ed Meyer, an associate of J-Lo’s first husband, Cuban-born club-owner Ojani Noa.

‘The other problem was that they couldn’t agree where to live.

'J-Lo’s career is in Hollywood and she wanted to live in their Malibu mansion and Marc loved New York. She was going to move to New York in a last-ditch effort to save the marriage. But last Monday I heard it was all over.’

In November 2002 – after a second failed marriage, to backing dancer Cris Judd – Jennifer became engaged to actor Ben Affleck, declaring he was ‘the one’.

But The Mail on Sunday has learned that years before, another man, top Latin American recording artist Marc Anthony, had become infatuated with her.

J-Lo broke up with Affleck in January 2004.

That June Marc, now 42, finalised his divorce from former Miss Universe Dayanara Torres.

Marriages Jennifer with previous husbands Ojani Noa, left and Chris Judd, right

Four days later they married at Jennifer’s home in Beverly Hills.

They presented themselves as a fairytale couple.

But soon after the birth of the twins, the couple are said to have begun to argue.

Bond: Jennifer Lopez with her mother, Lupe, during a live appearance for the debut of her new fragrance Love and Light this month

‘J-Lo’s mother wanted to run her life and Marc wanted to run her life and I don’t think J-Lo wanted anyone to control her,’ said Meyer.

Friends say J-Lo made one last attempt to save the marriage with her offer to move back to New York.

‘She fought to make it work for the sake of the children,’ said Phillip Bloch. ‘She desperately did not want a third divorce.’

Film royalty: Jennifer Lopez shares a kiss with her then fiance actor Ben Affleck at the Academy Awards in 2003

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

She and Cris made a handsome couple. I love that shot of her kissing Ben - he looks like he's scouting the room for a date.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    She and Cris made a handsome couple. I love that shot of her kissing Ben - he looks like he's scouting the room for a date.
    Is it me, or doesn't she look the most (genuinely) happy in the pics with Cris?
    "What do tigers dream of when they take a little tiger snooze? Do they dream of mauling zebras or Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit? Well, don’t you worry your pretty striped head...We're going to get you back to Tyson and your cozy tiger bed.."

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Ben almost always looked like he'd rather be doing someone or something else when they were dating.

When Marc and Jennifer looked like they wanted to kill each other during their Grammy appearance, I figured something was wrong.
    Posted from my iPhone
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

I still think she was the best with the artist formarly known as puff daddy/puffy/diddy/

also since she has been famous she has never actually been single for 2 mins so no doubt she will be stepping out with someone in the next few weeks or so.

Bronze Member

So she's divorcing Marc Anthony but its confirmed that she's going to continue to work with him?

In my opinion their divorce announcement is nothing but a BIG publicity stunt!

Their marriage might be over, but Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony's new show,"Q’viva! The Chosen will live on!

Deadline.com is reporting that the Latin power couple's split wont affect their international talent show with American Idol executive producer, Simon Fuller. "They’re both committed to ¡Q’viva! and will work on it as planned," a spokesman for XIX Entertainment said. "The show goes on!"

The reality singing competition, which is being produced by Fuller’s XIX Entertainment and Endemol, will feature Lopez and Anthony looking for undiscovered talents in 21 countries across Latin America. The singers are set to film the show later this year.

So far, the show has not locked in English and Spanish-language U.S. networks
    to carry the show, but it's hard to imagine any network passing on the project, and experts believe that the couple's split could help the show attract distributors.

http://www.latina.com/entertainment/tv/jlo-and-marcs-singing-competition-qviva-chosen-show-goes

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony's surprise announcement yesterday that they're ending their marriage after 7 years won't affect their first major TV project together, the international talent show ¡Q’viva! The Chosen they're doing with Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment and Endemol. The series, in which Lopez and Anthony search for undiscovered talents in 21 countries across Latin America, has not been completed, with the singers set to film it later this year. "They’re both committed to ¡Q’viva! and will work on it as planned," a spokesman for XIX Entertainment said. "The show goes on!". XIX Entertainment is yet to lock English- and Spanish-language U.S. networks to carry the show, and the publicity surrounding Lopez and Anthony's split may actually help line up distributors.

JLo and Marc Anthony’s Split Won’t Affect Their Reality Series With Simon Fuller – Deadline.com

He looks like an officer that has her under arrest. Something Tommy Shrimplestilskin would do.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information